Godzilla: Aftershock Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Godzilla: Aftershock Spoiler Thread

Post by Ben Shapiro »

With the comic being out now I thought we could use a thread to discuss its contents without potentially spoiling anyone trying to shy away from that.

All spoilers are welcome, if they pertain to GKOTM, spoiler tag them.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla: Aftershock Spoiler Thread

Post by Tyrant28 »

I don’t know if that back pulse attack is an intentional reference to Godzilla Vs Destroyah or not.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Apparently Godzilla's spines get shattered by a sonic roar

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

So, how good is it in general? Is it better than "Awakening", or somewhat more consistent? Atleast the general artstyle looks much better from the leaked panels I saw on instagram.

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
Gojira18 wrote:Apparently Godzilla's spines get shattered by a sonic roar
Hm, interesting. I wonder if this one of the causes for the shape of his spines in KOTM. While obviously the changes were purely aesthetic from a directors point of view, they did say they'll provide an explanation here- which is rather curious.

Also, good luck trying to sleep thinking about the convulated as fuck MUTO breeding/lifecycle :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu May 09, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Dv-218 wrote:So, how good is it in general? Is it better than "Awakening", or somewhat more consistent? Atleast the general artstyle looks much better from the leaked panels I saw on instagram.
Definitely better than Awakening, the story is decent for me at least,
Dv-218 wrote:Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
Gojira18 wrote:Apparently Godzilla's spines get shattered by a sonic roar
Hm, interesting. I wonder if this one of the causes for the shape of his spines in KOTM. While obviously the changes were purely aesthetic from a directors point of view, they did say they'll provide an explanation here- which is rather curious.

Also, good luck trying to sleep thinking about the convulated as skreeonk MUTO breeding/lifecycle :lol:
It gets even more convoluted, if the G14’s Muto were allowed to breed then she would have eventually eaten the Male and turned into a Muto Prime herself.

Another thing is that we can call the dead Godzilla from the Philippine mines, Dagon, which what he was called by the ancient civilization. The Godzilla fighting the Muto Prime in the paintings isn’t our Godzilla.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Dagon is a pretty dope name for a Godzilla ngl.

And you know what that means.... Dagon = Bagan confirmed

Does this story take place post 2014?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 09, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Dagon is a pretty dope name for a Godzilla ngl.

Dagon was an ancient Philistine deity, and was also the name of the god of the Deep Ones in the works of H.P. Lovecraft
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Dagon sounds like Baragon. Baragon was in GMK which had Mothra. Mothra and Baragon have 5 syllables when added together. MechaGodzilla has 5 syllables. Dagon=Mechagodzilla confirmed
Long Live The King

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Hokmuto wrote:Dagon sounds like Baragon. Baragon was in GMK which had Mothra. Mothra and Baragon have 5 syllables when added together. MechaGodzilla has 5 syllables. Dagon=Mechagodzilla confirmed
And they're going to use his bones as the frame like Kiryu

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G2000 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dagon is a pretty dope name for a Godzilla ngl.

Dagon was an ancient Philistine deity, and was also the name of the god of the Deep Ones in the works of H.P. Lovecraft
"As the narrator looks at the monolith, a creature emerges from the water:

With only a slight churning to mark its rise to the surface, the thing slid into view above the dark waters. Vast and loathsome, it darted like a stupendous monster of nightmares to the monolith, about which it flung its gigantic scaly arms, the while it bowed its hideous head and gave vent to certain measured sounds.

Horrified, the mariner flees back to his stranded boat and vaguely recalls a "great storm".

HP Lovecrafts version checks out, and the Philistine version was considered a "Fish God" so that one checks out too.

Added in 3 minutes 14 seconds:
Hokmuto wrote:Dagon sounds like Baragon. Baragon was in GMK which had Mothra. Mothra and Baragon have 5 syllables when added together. MechaGodzilla has 5 syllables. Dagon=Mechagodzilla confirmed
Dagon sounds vaguely similar to Atragon. Atragon killed Manda in Final Wars. Godzilla vs Kong is potentially Monsterverses Final War.

Manda in Godzilla vs Kong 2020 confirmed
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 09, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

#CthulhuConfirmed

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

So how does Muto Prime get defeated?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Any additional Titans besides Godzilla and the MUTO?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

wow the muto looks awful lol
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

^ I do wonder why he has a human face when in all art for the book he looks like a legitimate "MUTO" Prime.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:wow the muto looks awful lol
I’m in agreement, giving her that weird ugly old man face instead of just making her look like an older, more armored MUTO.
Spoiler:
So does this show how Vera gets recruited into Charles Dance’s ecoterrorist group or what?

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Guys, I may be wrong, but I think the human face is just a result of busy artwork/the angle.

If you look at the main muto “upper lip” like the normal mutos, it kinda seems like that “face” is just the inside of the mouth that happens look like a face.

Edit: just saw another shot. That is definitely a weird human face. Never mind
Last edited by GoWhaleTours on Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:So how does Muto Prime get defeated?
After the Muto Prime breaks Godzilla’s spines with a sonic roar, Godzilla pulls a maneuver where he gets her on his back and basically does that thing Burning Godzilla did with energy spewing out his back. That attack launches her into the sky and cripples her when she lands, leaving Godzilla to finish her off by stomping her head in.

Yeah the Muto Prime’s face is weird human, even has teeth like that of a human. Feel like when they were designing it they really didn’t understand the design process of the G14’s Mutos.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Thu May 09, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Any more neat details?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Tyrant28 wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:So how does Muto Prime get defeated?
After the Muto Prime breaks Godzilla’s spines with a sonic roar, Godzilla pulls a maneuver where he gets her on his back and basically does thing Burning Godzilla did with energy spewing out his back. That attack launches her into the sky and cripples her when she lands, leaving Godzilla to finish her off by stomping her head in.

Yeah the Muto Prime’s face is weird human, even has teeth like that of a human. Feel like when they were designing it they really didn’t understand the design process of the G14’s Mutos.
Christ this Godzilla really comes up with inventive kills doesn't he.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012