SpaceGodzilla's Corona Beam?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

SpaceGodzilla's Corona Beam?

Post by KingKong2005 »

Hey all! I was wondering if SpaceGodzilla's Corona Beam is like, pure lightning/electricity? It isn't something that could charge up a 1962 King Kong, could it?
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: SpaceGodzilla's Corona Beam?

Post by Terasawa »

I thought it was an imported well-attenuated pale lager, served with a lemon wedge, concentrated into energy.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I thought about doing a joke response, but nah. Terasawa covered it pretty well.

Real answer: We'll probably never know exactly what it is, but it doesn't seem to be simple electricity, no. This article from the main site breaks down what little is known: https://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/an ... dzilla.htm

I hadn't known about the dagger thing. That's actually fairly cool.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Since SG absorbs cosmic energy and uses it for power, it could be assumed the beam is a form of directed cosmic energy.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Even if it could charge up Kong, he'll still have to get through an onslaught of crystals, SG's tail, telepathic powers, and a shield or whatever it was.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I always assumed The Corona beam was the same thing as Burning G's non spiral ray and that SpaceG's acted different due to his mutation.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I always assumed the beam was Alcohol fueled, if you catch my drift ( :D )
Last edited by GojiDog on Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Good one.

Unless someone can make a real SG, convince SG to fire at some equipment, and that equipment survive, it's likely all the answers will be pure guess.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I always thought that at least part of it was from his psychic power.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

SG could use his psychic powers to control the direction of the beam.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

It's a beam made of a cheap lager from mexico.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Yeah it is definitely something more than pure electricity. Probably something that you can find in space in high amounts like radiation, plasma, or dark energy. Who knows?
This article from the main site breaks down what little is known: https://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/an ... dzilla.htm
I read that article years ago and thought it was awesome. That energy dagger effect is so subtle yet profound and seems to further give a hint to Spacegodzilla's true power and sadistic personality. While the movie itself is meh, it is unique powers such as the Corona Beam that make Spacegodzilla a personal favorite of mine.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Omegazilla wrote:Yeah it is definitely something more than pure electricity. Probably something that you can find in space in high amounts like radiation, plasma, or dark energy. Who knows?
SpaceGodzilla's beam being pure dark energy seems so freakin cool, holy moly!
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Same thing as Godzilla's and Fire Rodan's Atomic Rays and Uranium Rays, respectivly. But where Heisei Godzilla and Rodan was powered by nuclear subs, reactors, weapons and waste, Spacegodzilla got his power from exploding stars. I want you guys to stop and think about that. As horrifically mutated as Godzilla and Rodan are, they at least look natural, Spacegodzilla has the inside of his stomach seemingly expose and exploding stars make a nuclear bomb or even reactor going off look like a burp.