Your Role in MONARCH

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Your Role in MONARCH

Post by Gojira18 »

With KOTM among us, I got an interesting discussion question for you all. If you were asked to join MONARCH, what role would you be? Where would you work, what monster would you study, anything. Go nuts!

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: Your Role in MONARCH

Post by Hokmuto »

Whatever gets me close and personal to these kaiju. The one I would want to investigate the most out of the 4 classic ones would be King Ghidorah given his mysterious nature.
Long Live The King

Apgigan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Apgigan »

Janitor :(

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Mailroom.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Commander of whichever Monarch Strike Force deals with the initial first contact with new Kaiju.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon May 06, 2019 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Security guard
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Honestly I'd join Charles Dance
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

Dr. Chen's assistant
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

I'd be one of the guys that examines the historical records and finds the connections between the various sources regarding potential Titans. Or one of the scientists types that examines the evidence and phenomena and deduce all the neat abilities the Titans possess.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Heroic mascot kaiju. Think Godzilla The Series, with GINO Jr. I'd be a giant monster, get to travel the world, take in exotic sights, occasionally rampage through said sights as I fight bad giant monsters. I'd be living the life.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Designated shooter
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I’d probably study Titan behavior and ecology
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Dr. Chen’s love slave.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Holy suspect Asian fetishists....
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Holy suspect Asian fetishists....
I didn’t even know who Dr. Chen was until this thread. :lol:

If I was part of monarch I’d probably be the guy doing presentations on individual monsters. Like,”Oh here’s a good slideshow of what we know of X monster and their history”.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

high-ranking scientist-zoologist and field operative, in the thick and forefront of creature research
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Dr. Che-[brick'd]

I second mailroom personally.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Tytyvyllvs
Yojimbo

Post by Tytyvyllvs »

I'd love to be a Titan behaviourist and biologist, figuring out what drives each creature, analysing their physical attributes and working out what kind of ancient (or modern) environmental conditions influenced the development of certain adaptations in each creature.

More realistically, I'd probably just end up writing and proofing copy for Monarch press releases and social media. :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Locations. Temple of the Moth, Rodan's Bio-Volcanic ecosystem, Wall of Serpents, the sunken Godzilla city, and Skull Island interest me. It's like a different world with those locations. Especially Skull Island, so many cryptides it's like the island is a living thing in of itself. Followed by studying the monsters biology & ecosystem, King Ghidorah's ability to create storms and Rodan being Bio-Volcanic and Mothra weaponizing Bio-luminescence interest me greatly. My lab would probably be on Skull Island, you know if it existed, there is way more lesser monsters that aren't Kong or the Skullcrawlers on that island than what we saw in the movie or comics.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Mon May 06, 2019 6:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Holy suspect Asian fetishists....
I didn’t even know who Dr. Chen was until this thread. :lol:
I still don't know, who's Dr. Chen?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.