Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by Salzilla »

I can you tell you guys it wasn't supposed to be one and done as I've talked to them multiple times this year about the subject. And I understand how folks want to wait, but the problem is that's how these smaller businesses go. If stores aren't getting preorders, then they in turn won't order many. The math, unfortunately is simple.

And honestly, preordering is a major part of determining future business across the board. More and more companies, even bigger ones, have moved to this line of thinking especially in the wake of TRU's closure. No one wants to get stuck with product.

I'm criticizing because I see it all the time, explain it all the time, yet the companies still become the bad guys. You know what I'm saying? It's a bit unfair.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Salzilla wrote:I'm criticizing because I see it all the time, explain it all the time, yet the companies still become the bad guys. You know what I'm saying? It's a bit unfair.
It's not unfair though. If your best defense against complaints of the business is "That's how the business runs" then you need to take a hard look at the business strategy. Like, imagine criticizing customers that waited to make an informed decision to purchase who are disappointed that no more figures are being made.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Still a shame this line seems to be dead so early. It didn't help it that the Kaiju were just plain & simple vinyls. Better sales if they were SHMA style? Probably. But I believe they were not allowed to do actual action figures of them (iirc) in Japan, though. Because who else got the license and did nothing with it...?

They could go on with first movie characters, though. Those would sell loads better I believe. But wait... no license beside big metal figures (Chogokin) either - and these got abandoned, too... :(
Size DOES matter!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, just got Wave 3 of the Diamond Select Jaegers and their Hakuka. The Jaegers are more or less the same quality as the previous ones, but damn do I like the Drone Jaeger and Valor Omega. Hakuja is REALLY nice though, like he fits perfectly with NECA's kaiju from the first movie. It is a god damn shame we won't get DS Raijin and Strikethorn.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

I think wave 3 was the best of them all, honestly. I just reviewed November Ajax (link in my sig) this morning and doing a Premiere/Chat review of the Kaiju Drone tonight at 9pm EST on the channel (stop by!). That's the one I feel like I was waiting on the most of their entire output. It does not disappoint!

Also, just so you know, talked to them this week and both the Gallery figure of Gipsy Avenger and the big bust are still happening. Will be talking to them more at Toy Fair in a month, so we'll see if the future will hold anything further from either movie or the upcoming Netflix series.
Last edited by Salzilla on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

MM Raids Again wrote:Well, just got Wave 3 of the Diamond Select Jaegers and their Hakuka. The Jaegers are more or less the same quality as the previous ones, but damn do I like the Drone Jaeger and Valor Omega. Hakuja is REALLY nice though, like he fits perfectly with NECA's kaiju from the first movie. It is a god damn shame we won't get DS Raijin and Strikethorn.
I honestly can't believe how huge Hakuja actually is. He's far bigger than I expected.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I asked Randy on Twitter if there’s any chance of going back to the Pacific Rim license in the next few years.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Anguirus wrote:I asked Randy on Twitter if there’s any chance of going back to the Pacific Rim license in the next few years.
"Slatterns too big and we don't think that our retailers and audience would buy that sort of thing"

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Anguirus wrote:I asked Randy on Twitter if there’s any chance of going back to the Pacific Rim license in the next few years.
"Slatterns too big and we don't think that our retailers and audience would buy that sort of thing"

:lol: :lol:
They've been saying that for some time now... :|

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Been a few months since we’ve gotten anything new, but DST sent me their best piece of all, the brand new GIPSY AVENGER GALLERY STATUE! Check out my review here:

ULTRAZILLA TOYS

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

The Soul of Chogokin Gypsy is on sale at $150 on BigBadToyStore! Thanks Steven’s Toy Reviews for the heads up! Is it worth buying at this price?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

It's been confirmed that Atlas Destroyer is getting a Bandai Spirits figure!! I can't wait, I'm so happy!

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Anguirus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:26 pm It's been confirmed that Atlas Destroyer is getting a Bandai Spirits figure!! I can't wait, I'm so happy!
Hey I love the Bandai PRU line! You mean they are making more figures in that series now???

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Heh, I just came here to resurrect this ancient thread with the news. I really wasn't expecting anything from this series TBH.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000155513/

I have all of NECA's figures and stuck with Diamond Select's line for Uprising (like the character designs, did not like the movie), both of which were 7" scale. Bandai uses the 6" with these though. I imagine it'll still look good with those nevertheless.

I haven't watched any of the series yet and probably won't have time for a while, but I've heard good things. Really dig this colorful design too.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Now we just need Bandai Vinyl Kaiju from this series to go with it.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh sweet!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

That's a cool ass Jaeger. I'm gonna watch the series this weekend. After the disaster PRU was (PR1 is one of my favorite movies of all time period, so I had high hopes for a sequel and it physically hurt me) I really hope this series can live up to the original.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:05 pm Heh, I just came here to resurrect this ancient thread with the news. I really wasn't expecting anything from this series TBH.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000155513/

I have all of NECA's figures and stuck with Diamond Select's line for Uprising (like the character designs, did not like the movie), both of which were 7" scale. Bandai uses the 6" with these though. I imagine it'll still look good with those nevertheless.

I haven't watched any of the series yet and probably won't have time for a while, but I've heard good things. Really dig this colorful design too.
Honestly didn't expect this but hey I'll take it. Always nice to see more Pacific Rim merch considering the state of those chogokin figures :roll:

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 pm Now we just need Bandai Vinyl Kaiju from this series to go with it.
please no
your source of self destruction

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

master_of_monsters wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:44 am
OGMechaMothra wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 pm Now we just need Bandai Vinyl Kaiju from this series to go with it.
please no
Your hostility towards vinyls is irritating.

EDIT: That sounded a lot meaner than I mean it to. I can understand not wanting to buy them, everyone has their own tastes, it just seems like you don't even want them to release vinyl figures, which confuses me.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.