The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Greyshot151 »

Shazam14 wrote:Can't wait to see the Legendary kaiju used. This month has me super hyped.
May want to check out the main site :D

So as a quick update, KWCs will now be in the blog format. Its been a change I've been meaning to do for a while, and it should allow for easier posting on my end, and more visibility for those who visit the site. Banners are now larger, 1024 by 512 on the site while Social media outlets get it at 1200 by 630, and the FAQ has also been moved so I can update it more frequently.

Long story short, this will just add features and change the appearance of KWCs. Like all updates, they will still be linked below and kept track of in the KWC part of the site. Hope you all enjoy the update, and some Legendary May-Hem that will be sure to follow.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cool with blog format and I got to say, great match!

Excited for the May-hem.

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I really like the Legendary Mayhem banner on the main site.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Greyshot151 wrote:
Shazam14 wrote:Can't wait to see the Legendary kaiju used. This month has me super hyped.
May want to check out the main site :D

So as a quick update, KWCs will now be in the blog format. Its been a change I've been meaning to do for a while, and it should allow for easier posting on my end, and more visibility for those who visit the site. Banners are now larger, 1024 by 512 on the site while Social media outlets get it at 1200 by 630, and the FAQ has also been moved so I can update it more frequently.

Long story short, this will just add features and change the appearance of KWCs. Like all updates, they will still be linked below and kept track of in the KWC part of the site. Hope you all enjoy the update, and some Legendary May-Hem that will be sure to follow.
So are they not going to be listed anymore? The blog form looks neat, at least.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Amazing new banner for the site. Also, a great match with Godzilla Legendary vs Varan vs Sanda.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

HillyHulk wrote:So are they not going to be listed anymore? The blog form looks neat, at least.
I'll explain on the main site when today's update goes live.

Basically this change allows Tyler to post directly matches, and he will coordinate when he is doing that. There is still a manual process on my part to add them to the KWC section and the home page. So there will be a delay in that part, but the monster stats and all other pages will be updated once the match is mentioned in the update log on the home page.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Another Match this early, good

This is another fun match
Spoiler:
Also the first match where Godzilla (Legendary) loses the fight. Was not expecting that
Also that banner is badass.

Looking forward for more matches.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i like this match, it was pretty well written and honestly
Spoiler:
i wasn't expecting Legendary to lose
also , seeing Legendary Mothra Rodan and Ghidorah got me hyped for their inclusion :D

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Tyrantgoji just reminded me. At first, I thought that were gonna either retire Rodan Heisei for Rodan Legendary or never include Rodan Legendary at all. But I guess were gonna have two Rodans.

Added in 27 minutes 41 seconds:
Although, I would say that the Legendary Mayhem wouldnt be 100% complete without Legendary Kong.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
Well, for anyone who wanted Legendary Godzilla to finally lose, you got what you wanted in a okay match.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Hopefully, at least one of my four matches would get chosen for Legendary Mayhem.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

soulgodzilla wrote:Hopefully, at least one of my four matches would get chosen for Legendary Mayhem.
Same here.
Spoiler:
I based it on the movie and everything.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Eh, saw the ending coming.for quite a while now, whenever the KWC has a match that seems like an enormous mismatch, the underdog will somehow almost always win. This trend started with that match that shall not be named.

I’ve been able to almost have a 100% winner prediction rate just by gut instinct lately.
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Fri May 03, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Eh, saw the ending coming.for quite a while now, whenever the KWC has a match that seems like an enormous mismatch, the underdog will somehow almost always win. This trend started with that match that shall not be named.

I’ve been able to almost have a 100% winner prediction rate just by gut instinct lately.
I mean, its rather nice to see an underdog win once in awhile.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

soulgodzilla wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Eh, saw the ending coming.for quite a while now, whenever the KWC has a match that seems like an enormous mismatch, the underdog will somehow almost always win. This trend started with that match that shall not be named.

It would be if it weren’t almost every single matchup in recent history
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

It would be if it weren’t almost every single matchup in recent history
If theres any underdog that should start losing, it would be Zilla.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Looking at the statistics, Ultraman needs to start losing, because of all the most frequently used combatants, he has by far the lowest w/l ratio. And I agree, Zilla needs to lose more.

Speaking of underdog wins that annoy me, Godzillasaurus beating Godzilla was ridiculous, I get it was a sendoff to the character, but when Godzilla loses in these it usually takes a LOT, and to have what is an extremely inferior version of Godzilla beat Godzilla is pretty ridiculous. It's up there with those Monster X matches that were just written (and accepted) to troll people.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Looking at the statistics, Ultraman needs to start losing, because of all the most frequently used combatants, he has by far the lowest w/l ratio. And I agree, Zilla needs to lose more.

Speaking of underdog wins that annoy me, Godzillasaurus beating Godzilla was ridiculous, I get it was a sendoff to the character, but when Godzilla loses in these it usually takes a LOT, and to have what is an extremely inferior version of Godzilla beat Godzilla is pretty ridiculous. It's up there with those Monster X matches that were just written (and accepted) to troll people.
Oh yeah. The Monster X hate matches and Bagan vs Manda, those matches are without question bad, because like what GVJ said in that one Committee video, why even bother? While I get that people wouldn’t like to see an underdog beat someone powerful like Godzilla, but if it weren’t for that great story, then I would call it one sided.

A one sided match that doesn’t have a great story and exists for the sakes of showing everyone their hatred on a particular monster, much like those certain Monster X matches, yeah, It’s not gonna be a great match.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Match 220 has the underdogs getting their shit pushed in. Not disagreeing with the whole underdogs constantly winning thing, just wanted to make the exception known.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

But one things for sure, Baragon and Megalon are the only underdogs that really need to stop losing.

Added in 1 day 13 hours 46 minutes 42 seconds:
Can I just say, that one of my favorite underdog victory matches would have to be Varan & Manda Vs Gigan & Megalon. It’s short, but still a fun match thats a debut of two monsters that are a favorite of mine.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....