The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Jakks Pacific Thread (G:KOTM figures coming)

Post by GFAN198423 »

Customized JAKKS 12" Godzilla.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

My local Walmart has started getting in some Godzilla stuff, including the mask.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

For those who own the Jakks Ghidorah and Rodan big versions, do they go good with the NECA 2014 Godzilla(scale wise)?

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Got an interview with Jakks going up soon. Hope it answers some q's!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Hellblaze wrote:For those who own the Jakks Ghidorah and Rodan big versions, do they go good with the NECA 2014 Godzilla(scale wise)?
Ghidorah doesn’t work very well, a bit too small for my taste.

I don’t have Rodan.
Last edited by GFAN198423 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

GFAN198423 wrote: Ghidorah doesn’t work very well, a bit too small for my taste.

I don’t have Rodan.
Ya he looks small with the NECA Goji. I guess I'll just get the big Godzilla then from Jakks. More cleaning on my shelf when I get it.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

My Walmart finally got their Godzilla stuff in stock and I got the Rodan pack, Mothra pack, and 6 inch Ghidorah (the two pack Ghidorah looks too small).

I forgot to bring my glasses with me so I'm walking through a blurry toy section and I see the silhouette of some 12 inch Godzillas which I thought was pretty funny. I also got the last 6 inch Ghidorah while there were 3 Rodans left.

I'm very pleased with my purchases.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Interesting story, for me, it was getting the last of the 4" Ghidorah battle packs, they had plenty of Rodan, no Mothra and one Ghidorah when I went on release day, and plenty of the 6" figures, both, and 12" Godzilla.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

I went to my Wal-Mart and they finally stocked them. My friend who worked there told me to come back today. They've got them all. I'm only interested in Ghidorah and the Mothra battle pack.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Also, anyone know of a way to tighten the 6 inch Ghidorah's wings? They look great when displayed outward but refuse to hold their position and it's starting to bug me.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I bought the 12" Jakks Godzilla - I've been shielding myself from almost all of the KOTM hype (in order to make the movie even cooler), so seeing these in the store was awesome. It's a cheap figure, but hey, it's still really neat. He's a fun size, and looks pretty great... probably because he seems to be a scaled down version of the huge figure from 2014's sculpt.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

The 12" figure is fantastic but for the screw holes.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

My Wal-Mart put out the 2-Packs, but that's it... :?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Finally found the Jakks figures at a Walmart near me. They had all the battle packs and the 6" figures alongside one lone BC King Caesar. I picked up the last 6" King Ghidorah they had.

For what it is, it's not bad. It's definitely the cheap 'n easy option for a 2019 Ghidorah but not bad at all. I like it. I'll hopefully try and snag the Rodan and Mothra battle packs to compliment it. Not sure I'll go for the full Jakks line.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

UltramanGoji wrote:Finally found the Jakks figures at a Walmart near me. They had all the battle packs and the 6" figures alongside one lone BC King Caesar. I picked up the last 6" King Ghidorah they had.

For what it is, it's not bad. It's definitely the cheap 'n easy option for a 2019 Ghidorah but not bad at all. I like it. I'll hopefully try and snag the Rodan and Mothra battle packs to compliment it. Not sure I'll go for the full Jakks line.
That is so strange. When I went there they had every battle pack, one lone King Caesar, and all the 6 inch figures. I ended up getting their last 6 inch Ghidorah as well.

Are we dealing with mirror universes?

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

I picked up the mini figure sets. Everything else is a bit too sloppy for me, but hey, everybody has an opinion. Prices are decent at least. I like the minis, but the ghidorah has trouble standing due to the wings. Considering gluing him to a warhammer base or something... The mini rodan is by far the coolest to me. Detail is good and he can pull off some neat poses. I'm considering suspending him in the barrel roll pose.

Floroskull
Samurai

Post by Floroskull »

Went back to Walmart just to see if they still had the Godzilla figures and noticed they've been re-released with a second background card and a different paint job for Rodan. They were selling them side by side. I didn't see any with Ghidorah but the Mothra one was different as well. I had no reference point to see if the paint on Mothra was different though.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

They re-issued The Giant,.. and it's sort of awesome!

Definitely glad to get him since I missed him the first time around and prices just skyrocketed on it. The paint job is a little different from the 2014 one, he's grayer now, but it's the same exact sculpt.

I guess it would've been cool if they updated the feet and back-plates to 2019 specs, but still I'm not complaining. $39.99 for an absolutely enormous Godzilla is a steal.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

That giant NECA G14 is gorgeous, I really need to get one. But the prices always jump from $50 to $100+.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I got it (the Jakks) on Walmart.com for $39.99 with free shipping.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Godzilla-Kin ... /174798862

Before the reissue I'd see the old one online for like $300-$400 which is why I never got it.

$40. with free shipping was a no-brainer though. I had to get it.

BBTS has the 12" Neca for $59.99 (plus $4. S&H)

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/43092

The big Neca is a very heavy, solid figure and it has the electronic effects.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.