Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by My Corns Hurt »

I mean, not typically. #1 is "better" than #40. But like GhidoGoji says, as you make progress unlocking stuff, your number seems to go higher. I'm like #450 or so at the moment. How do you know what the 'best' number is?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Will this game leave too much of a bad tatse in people’s mouths for a while for there to be any Godzilla game in the foreseeable future?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:Will this game leave too much of a bad tatse in people’s mouths for a while for there to be any Godzilla game in the foreseeable future?
Of course there's gonna be a new Godzilla game in the future. If a new game looks promising then I don't think people will care about this game(not like they did anyway), mind you a new game would be released in a post Shin and MV world - so there would probably be more positive hype and buzz around Godzilla related products.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm still a little ticked they said they would consider Zone Fighter and Monster X, and instead make the roster filled with a bunch of clones. And not even Showa King Ghidorah. Also sucks that DLC of Shin Godzilla never got made.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

There is no chance for a sequel for this, is there?

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

SG-17 wrote:There is no chance for a sequel for this, is there?
I'd rather see something brand new rather than a sequel to a game that was received so poorly by so many. Start over, and don't change what kind of game they want it to be after it's already done. It really did not work as a fighter.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

CheetoKamper wrote:It really did not work as a fighter.
It didn't really work very well in general. You're not wrong, but the foundation of the game was already pretty shaky before those elements were added.
Living Corpse wrote:I'm still a little ticked they said they would consider Zone Fighter and Monster X, and instead make the roster filled with a bunch of clones.
This is very unsurprising when one considers how inexpensive it is to make clones from a development perspective. People always used to complain about this with Smash, and probably still do. Reusing animations and movesets while making a new model is worlds easier than making a new model, a new moveset, and all the accompanying new animations.
LegendZilla wrote:Will this game leave too much of a bad tatse in people’s mouths for a while for there to be any Godzilla game in the foreseeable future?
I guarantee the general audience has forgot this game existed, if they ever knew about it in the first place. We're now five years out from the last new full Godzilla game of any kind, being this game. At some point we should get a new fully fledged title once it lines up right. Shin and the Anime Trilogy, as well as King of the Monsters here shortly, have yet to be featured heavily in any full game experience for Godzilla. I know Shin has that VR game and Godzilla Earth was in that mobile game, but you know what I mean.

When someone wants to make some money promoting the brand, we'll get a new game. If the franchise continues this recent uptick in popularity I have no doubt we'll see something new in the next few years. It's just a matter of patience.
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzillabrawler wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I'm still a little ticked they said they would consider Zone Fighter and Monster X, and instead make the roster filled with a bunch of clones.
This is very unsurprising when one considers how inexpensive it is to make clones from a development perspective. People always used to complain about this with Smash, and probably still do. Reusing animations and movesets while making a new model is worlds easier than making a new model, a new moveset, and all the accompanying new animations.
Zone Fighter could have easily been a clone or reskin of Jet Jaguar just with some missiles and a beam attack.

Just frustrating cause he is pretty unknown and they fact they even mention him and say they might add him just set up people like me for disappointment, dude doesn't even get an entry in the monster bios. He killed the original Gigan, feel that is worth something. I don't why, but I'm the kind of guy who feels like obscure characters deserve their due in games. Glad Varan got his in Godzilla: Unleashed. If I wasn't in my "Godzilla should be serious and the goofy stuff should be ignored" phase when I was a teenager I would have rallied enough voices to tell Pipeworks to put Zone Fighter in one of their DAMM sequel. Even if he ended up in Godzilla: Unleashed which is pretty bad, at least he'd be in it and who knows, maybe it would have set a precedent for this and make future developers more willing to include him like in this very game.

That's the funny thing about obscure characters, no one wants to take the risk on them, but once someone does, others are willing to give them chance. Sometimes leads them to going from obscure to favorite. Oh well, maybe the next game.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

https://m.facebook.com/GormaruIsland/ph ... &__tn__=-R

Looks like Bamco has lost the license to Godzilla games, and as a result Godzilla Vs. is being delisted from digital store and physical copies are going out of print.
Last edited by Shadd21 on Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

Shadd21 wrote:Looks like Bamco has lost the license to Godzilla games, and as a result Godzilla Vs. is being delisted from digital store and physical copies are going out of print.
To add to this, for the past 2 days I was literally panicking because my disk was missing. Have you seen what even used copies go for now? Even GameStop wised up and made used copies $49.99 and eBay...yeesh.

Thankfully I finally found it and promptly dusted it off and put it back in it's case like the collector's item it now is.
Last edited by Gojira9310 on Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Who do you think will pick the licence to do Godzilla games now?

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

LegendZilla wrote:^Who do you think will pick the licence to do Godzilla games now?
I'm not one for baseless speculation, so I'm not going to comment who might pick up the license.

Now, as for who I want to pick up the license? Now that's a good question, and to be completely frank? Nearly every developer I can think of is now defunct and anyone left in today's market will either do just as bad a job as Bamco or thoroughly surprise us with quality. It's a crapshoot.

Unless it's a 2D fighter. Then give it to Arc System Works....please for the love of God in Heaven give it to Arc System Works.

EDIT: Really? Thinking about it? I don't really trust ANY modern game dev with the license to make a 3D Godzilla game. I'd be far more comfortable with a passionate indie dev gathering funds to propose a game to Toho and/or Legendary to get the licensing rights.
Last edited by Gojira9310 on Tue May 07, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'd like an NRS Godzilla fighting game.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gojira9310 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^Who do you think will pick the licence to do Godzilla games now?
I'm not one for baseless speculation, so I'm not going to comment who might pick up the license.

Now, as for who I want to pick up the license? Now that's a good question, and to be completely frank? Nearly every developer I can think of is now defunct and anyone left in today's market will either do just as bad a job as Bamco or thoroughly surprise us with quality. It's a crapshoot.

Unless it's a 2D fighter. Then give it to Arc System Works....please for the love of God in Heaven give it to Arc System Works.

EDIT: Really? Thinking about it? I don't really trust ANY modern game dev with the license to make a 3D Godzilla game. I'd be far more comfortable with a passionate indie dev gathering funds to propose a game to Toho and/or Legendary to get the licensing rights.
How about Platinum Games?

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

LegendZilla wrote:How about Platinum Games?
A DMC/Bayonetta/MGR/Neir style Godzilla game? Hmmmm...it could work, perhaps. They have been branching out into many different action game styles...yes, perhaps even. But only time will tell who will get the license...or if we're stuck with Godzilla Defense Force for the next few years.

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

Gojira9310 wrote:Unless it's a 2D fighter. Then give it to Arc System Works....please for the love of God in Heaven give it to Arc System Works.
I need this in my life like you would not believe.
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

Would anyone else agree with this tier list I made for the (now pretty much dead) online mode balance for the game?

The Painkiller
Ronin

Post by The Painkiller »

Does anyone know of any place online where the game can still be bought for a reasonable price?

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

The Painkiller wrote:Does anyone know of any place online where the game can still be bought for a reasonable price?
Well, since these days $40 can be considered reasonable, GameStop. Either their website or you can call around to any local ones.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ironic that people have caught on to how valuable this game is to G-fans considering most people saw it as shit initially.