GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla and Kong will both be rocking some gnarly scars in their future films post 2020. I always liked the idea of scars on Kaiju/animals since it usually means they have quite the stories to tell.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Pkmatrix »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:While I'm not against the idea of Godzilla and Kong teaming up against a common big bad, I have this idea that it won't be the last battle of the film. I think that over the course of the movie Godzilla and Kong's fight starts out as an aggressive alpha-on-alpha rivalry, then after working together to defeat the common enemy, they'll have one last battle but it plays out more like an honorable duel of respect to show each other their true prowess. It sounds kinda anime-ish when I say it. But regardless of who wins, I don't think they'll kill off either of them as a safety net so they have an option to churn out more movies past 2020 if they manage to retain the licenses.
I've had a similar thought, and I for one would be absolutely okay with that. The movie doesn't need to end with either being killed for there to be a definitive winner, and having there be a final "for show" fight after the main antagonist is defeated that's meant for the winner to show respect to the loser while asserting their position as the "King" works very well IMO.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Godzilla beats Kong, fights the bigger threat alone, loses, Kong trains Godzilla, they fight the threat together and win,

Movie ends like:

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

KingKaiju wrote:Godzilla beats Kong, fights the bigger threat alone, loses, Kong trains Godzilla, they fight the threat together and win,

Movie ends like:
If they have Kong and G running on a beach with shorty shorts on, they can take all my money.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Godzilla beats Kong, fights the bigger threat alone, loses, Kong trains Godzilla, they fight the threat together and win,

Movie ends like:
If they have Kong and G running on a beach with shorty shorts on, they can take all my money.
I'm going to walk out of the theater, if I don't see them moving in sync infront of a mirror to work on Godzilla's footwork. And, of course, with Kong in a high cut shirt.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I'm actually worried, like, genuinely worried for some reason about them NOT teaming up.
It's just...I dearly love both characters. It'd leave a pit in my stomach if either one of them got a beat down and and a bad ending, especially if they die. And they BOTH better live, aaaargh.

Does anyone here truly want Godzilla or Kong to win 100%? I'm sure a teamup would be far more loved and satisfying. We all headcanon them as awkward friends anyway, lol.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Godzilla Vs Kong...The Return Of Kenny’s Shorts
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

MrRockett wrote:Godzilla Vs Kong...The Return Of Kenny’s Shorts
Godzilla vs Kong: Chipwrecked

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

Movie ends like:
Monarch interviewing Kong for GvK be like:

"No I don't hate Godzilla. But I pity the fool! And I will destroy any Titan who tries to take what I got!"
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:

Movie ends like:
Monarch interviewing Kong for GvK be like:

"No I don't hate Godzilla. But I pity the fool! And I will destroy any Titan who tries to take what I got!"
"I reject the challenge, because Kong is no challenge!"

- Godzilla

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

So with Godzilla now confirmed at almost 400 feet tall in KOTM, I guess Kong at potentially 300 feet would be quite a bit smaller
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maybe they should just make Kong bigger and not waste any lines explaining it too much.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Maybe they should just make Kong bigger and not waste any lines explaining it too much.
I feel that's the easiest route to go. Fuck explaining it. Just say Kong grew because his species grows big. Make him 300 feet and be done with it
SpaceG92 wrote:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla21 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Maybe they should just make Kong bigger and not waste any lines explaining it too much.
I feel that's the easiest route to go. skreeonk explaining it. Just say Kong grew because his species grows big. Make him 300 feet and be done with it
This, sometimes just letting it go is the best move. At most just have a line "he was a kid last time we saw him" and that's it

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I support the 300ft tall Kong. I wonder if they'll make Kong Godzilla's old height.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

miguelnuva wrote:I support the 300ft tall Kong. I wonder if they'll make Kong Godzilla's old height.
To me it doesn't matter what his height is. 250, 280, 300. I just find it interesting that Godzilla is basically 400 now
SpaceG92 wrote:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla21 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I support the 300ft tall Kong. I wonder if they'll make Kong Godzilla's old height.
To me it doesn't matter what his height is. 250, 280, 300. I just find it interesting that Godzilla is basically 400 now
They're really teasing the old showa dub height.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
I feel that's the easiest route to go. skreeonk explaining it. Just say Kong grew because his species grows big. Make him 300 feet and be done with it
This, sometimes just letting it go is the best move. At most just have a line "he was a kid last time we saw him" and that's it
Here’s the thing to.. they’ve already said he’s still growing! Just a one liner like “man he’s grown since the 70’s” is all I need.

I think a 300ft Kong will look good next to this Godzilla anyway.
Last edited by Cookson on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

On the subject of what you want to see in the fight, what moves would you like to see Godzilla and Kong pull on each other? I want to see Godzilla go full blown Deviljho at one point:

I also want to see Kong pull a skillful judo dodge and counter throw.
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Sun May 05, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:I'm actually worried, like, genuinely worried for some reason about them NOT teaming up.
It's just...I dearly love both characters. It'd leave a pit in my stomach if either one of them got a beat down and and a bad ending, especially if they die. And they BOTH better live, aaaargh.

Does anyone here truly want Godzilla or Kong to win 100%? I'm sure a teamup would be far more loved and satisfying. We all headcanon them as awkward friends anyway, lol.
No, I want Godzilla to stomp Kong.