Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:(looks at lava pterosaur, laser light show moth, lightning dragon, insect/reptile/mammal hybrids, an island nearly entirely made of plant-animal hybrids, and the literal million year old lizard who breathes fire)

yeah, you're right, a giant robot would totally break my suspension of disbelief
Hmmm so then why do you guys keep always saying that the MonsterVerse is realism? *Whistles*
No one is. People stopped saying that years ago. The only people still saying that are people who want to act like realism equals better movie.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tell that to people like Sensei and Ryguy...

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Tell that to people like Sensei and Ryguy...
oh, I forgot two dudes speak for the entire fandom and people aren't allowed to have different opinions. Sorry for disrespecting the great wisdom of Ryguy and Sensei.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Sorry its just this whole realism irks me because whenever I propose ideas of drifting slowly away from realism those are the kind of members I tend to talk things over with rather coincidentally...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I'm sorry. Is everybody here just a carbon copy of those two? Because you definitely ascribed the supposed opinions of two people here to the rest of the community.
Last edited by HeiseiGodzilla117 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Sorry it just irks me because whenever I propose ideas of drifting slowly away from realism those are the kind of members I tend to talk things over with rather coincidentally...
I feel you man. I want realism as in you can kind of see this happening with the way people act and the ecosystem of kaiju people make up work. Besides that, go fucking nuts. Have fun with it. Don't let "Muh Realism!!!11!" stop your ideas. Jet Jaguar isn't realistic and I don't want to live in a world where that happens.

Honestly, I thought you were arguing for more so called realism in the Monsterverse so I'm glad to know we actually share the same opinion, 90s.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I feel you man. I want realism as in you can kind of see this happening with the way people act and the ecosystem of kaiju people make up work. Besides that, go skreeonking nuts. Have fun with it. Don't let "Muh Realism!!!11!" stop your ideas. Jet Jaguar isn't realistic and I don't want to live in a world where that happens.

Honestly, I thought you were arguing for more so called realism in the Monsterverse so I'm glad to know we actually share the same opinion, 90s.
And even then I don't get them. So they'd rather the MonsterVerse if continuing after GvK to be stale and repetitive with only prehistoric leftovers rather then doing new routes like supernatural, mythological/mystical, aliens, bio-engineering and such? Another reason I'd like the MonsterVerse to drift away from the realism.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

If Mechagodzilla appears in the MonsterVerse, why couldn't the entry he appears in take place decades into the future, long after the events of Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Godzilla vs. Kong? If those two, in-universe, take place in 2019-2020, have Mechagodzilla appear around 30-50 years afterward, like 2049/2050-2069/2070. If audiences can accept all the stuff in Kong: Skull Island taking place in 1973, then why wouldn't they be okay with Mechagodzilla appearing, in-universe, nearly a century afterwards?
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:G-Fest sounds like hell
This, as a whole cons really aren't my thing. There may be some really cool stuff there but I really don't want to spend lots of money and fly halfway across the country and interact with some of the most cringe-inducing people I could come into contact with to do it
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm pretty sure those guys haven't posted in a long while, so.
Gerdzerl wrote:If Mechagodzilla appears in the MonsterVerse, why couldn't the entry he appears in take place decades into the future, long after the events of Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Godzilla vs. Kong? If those two, in-universe, take place in 2019-2020, have Mechagodzilla appear around 30-50 years afterward, like 2049/2050-2069/2070. If audiences can accept all the stuff in Kong: Skull Island taking place in 1973, then why wouldn't they be okay with Mechagodzilla appearing, in-universe, nearly a century afterwards?
I dunno man, your idea is pretty crazy.

Yeah, I would be fine with it, especially since it sounds like the world's going to need time to rebuild after KOTM & vK.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

G2000 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:G-Fest sounds like hell
This, as a whole cons really aren't my thing. There may be some really cool stuff there but I really don't want to spend lots of money and fly halfway across the country and interact with some of the most cringe-inducing people I could come into contact with to do it
Isn't that ironic to hear on TK :lol:

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Godzillian wrote: Isn't that ironic to hear on TK :lol:
Yeah but at least this way I don’t have to smell you guys
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Imagine the overwhelming stench of soy
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Imagine the overwhelming stench of soy
Wouldn't B.O. be more prevalent? What does soy even smell like?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Smuggers wrote: Wouldn't B.O. be more prevalent? What does soy even smell like?
Estrogen
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Smuggers wrote: Wouldn't B.O. be more prevalent? What does soy even smell like?
Estrogen
What does Estrogen smell like?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Smuggers wrote: What does Estrogen smell like?
Ask your mom

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The Heisei Gamera Trilogy I think are better than Godzilla (1954). Though the latter comes a close second when it comes to favorite giant monster films and also up there with Kong: Skull Island and the original 1933 film.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

More power to anyone that claims G54 as his or her favorite. I can’t. It’s a very good movie (the best of its genre) but boy is it ever depressing: Godzilla kills millions, Serizawa sacrifices himself, and not even the couple he gives his blessing to is happy at the film’s conclusion. Oh, and Yamane predicts another Godzilla will arrive if nuclear proliferation continues and he’s right.

That’s not even mentioning the sounds and images of the tortured victims, both those dying and those suffering the loss of another.

Like I said, it’s a powerful movie but not one I can watch constantly. I watched KOTM last week and although it’s not as harrowing as the original version, it still put me in a minor funk.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

For me personally, I'm here first and foremost for the monster vs. monster battles. G54 is outstanding and certainly one of my favorites, but none of the solo kaiju films are ever going to top my list. *shrug* It's a simple and shallow reason, but there it is.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio