Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
gigan72
Keizer

Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Post by gigan72 »

Resized Image
Discussion thread for the monster Kamoebas from Space Amoeba.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Discussion #29: Kamoebas

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Perhaps it's just me, but I think Kamoebas' dead carcass in GSOS was the most exciting scene in that entire movie :g64: :lol:

Anyways, he's definitely my favorite of the Yog trio...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Same here. The giant turtle had a great design, and that face was a little creepy.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Cool monster, but he's hardly used in his debut.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think how little posts that this thread has is a testament to his significance haha.

Uhh, I actually think for a turtle Kaiju, he has a unique design with the long neck, and unsmooth shell that makes him stand out. It’s funny that he over Ganimes or Gezora, was chosen to appear in Tokyo SOS. Gezora sorta takes predecent for the first half of the film. And then there’s two ganimes. Like the other Space Ameoba monsters he just sort of appears.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I just watched this guy's movie last year, and I already can't remember any details of what he or Ganimes did. Gezora really stole the show, and the other two, despite being the two fighting in the final battle, were just there. Regardless, I do like 'lesser', weaker monsters like this, and I'd love to see any or all of the Yog trio reappear someday.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

JAGzilla wrote:I just watched this guy's movie last year, and I already can't remember any details of what he or Ganimes did. Gezora really stole the show, and the other two, despite being the two fighting in the final battle, were just there. Regardless, I do like 'lesser', weaker monsters like this, and I'd love to see any or all of the Yog trio reappear someday.
Kamoebas sadly doesn't get to do much. He shows up at the end of the film and then fights Ganimes for a few minutes. Gezora steals the show and Ganimes has a good action scene of him chasing the heroes through the jungle and then falling off a cliff.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I think he's the best of the yog kaiju trio but he is still pretty forgettable. The only reason he has a "spike" in popularity is because he was in a godzilla movie

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

It kinda makes you wonder. Why build a brand new suit if the monster is only in the film for 5 minutes?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Gothicserpent wrote:It kinda makes you wonder. Why build a brand new suit if the monster is only in the film for 5 minutes?
I suppose because they wanted to feature three monsters, although it does seem somewhat a waste.

Unless you're wondering about the Tokyo SOS version. That script called for Kamoebas (although not originally) and the SFX crew built it. The other options, a Liopleurodon and Anguirus (vetoed), would have required them to build something anyway.

Edited because my reading comprehension sucks.
Last edited by Terasawa on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Terasawa wrote:
Gothicserpent wrote:It kinda makes you wonder. Why build a brand new suit if the monster is only in the film for 5 minutes?
I suppose because they wanted to feature three monsters, although it does seem somewhat a waste.

Unless you're wondering about the Tokyo SOS version. That script called for Kamoebas (although not originally) and the SFX crew built it. The other options, a Liopleurodon and Anguirus (vetoed), would have required them to build something anyway.

Edited because my reading comprehension sucks.
I think Kamoebas needed a scene for itself before the final battle.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"