Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

B34sT wrote:$300 for Anime Godzilla? That's about double what I expected. Gonna be a hard pass at that price. I already have the Chibi figures from last time. Are the 3.5" figures online only as well or are those showing up at Walmart as well?
Same, I really wanted to get that one but not for $300.

It's cool and nice, but it's not that cool and nice.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

What's the chances of us getting a KOTM wave down the line?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:
B34sT wrote:$300 for Anime Godzilla? That's about double what I expected. Gonna be a hard pass at that price. I already have the Chibi figures from last time. Are the 3.5" figures online only as well or are those showing up at Walmart as well?
Same, I really wanted to get that one but not for $300.

It's cool and nice, but it's not that cool and nice.
They could have made made this a monsterart for that price and called it a day.

I have 4 20+ inch figures with articulation and the most expensive one was 150.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Was going to pass on the Godzilla Earth, but I caved in and preordered him. I don't know what it is about that design, but I'm drawn to figures of it like I am with Burning Godzilla and Shin. Just can't have enough of him.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Well I’m going to have to pass on that G Earth then...
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

yeah, pretty disappointing. I think it's a great looking figure but not at that price point.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

_JNavs_ wrote:What's the chances of us getting a KOTM wave down the line?
Chris has said Bandai America was up to something, in the past. But we've still yet to see anything.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Chris has said Bandai America was up to something, in the past. But we've still yet to see anything.

I think they may have done it, whatever it was.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If we see anything KOTM related, it's likely going to be imports of the existing Bandai figures.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:If we see anything KOTM related, it's likely going to be imports of the existing Bandai figures.
I'll believe it when I see it. Not holding my breath though...

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I think Bandai America blew it yet again by not making any new vinyl figures. I can not believe how well these old figures are selling at Walmart. My local store got in a 3rd shipment a week ago and every one of them sold as of today. Then I had the chance to go to another Walmart and this was all that was left.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:I think Bandai America blew it yet again by not making any new vinyl figures. I can not believe how well these old figures are selling at Walmart. My local store got in a 3rd shipment a week ago and every one of them sold as of today. Then I had the chance to go to another Walmart and this was all that was left.
This might prompt them to make new sculpts

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:I think Bandai America blew it yet again by not making any new vinyl figures. I can not believe how well these old figures are selling at Walmart. My local store got in a 3rd shipment a week ago and every one of them sold as of today. Then I had the chance to go to another Walmart and this was all that was left.
Look like they DIDN'T blow it if the point was to make $
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Chris55 wrote:
Look like they DIDN'T blow it if the point was to make $
I mean in regards to making Godzilla fans happy and actually pretending enough to give the illusion that they care about and want to expand upon the line. They could have been selling all these old figures to the kiddos that are buying them now PLUS been making money off of us more hardcore fans as well at the same time.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

Why spend money to make new sculpts when they can use the ones they already have that are still selling even after years of being sold and resold? Making a bunch of 20-30 year olds happy isn't their priority. Making money is. And if kids don't care and buy them up anyway, why should they change?

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

I've picked up all the Bandais at Walmart except for the King Caesar. After a whole week of the whole section for Godzilla Bandais being open with nothing in stock, I found only the Godzilla 1968 and Mechagodzilla in stock last night and snagged them. I stopped by today and the section was empty again but rearranged. There's now a section for presumably the 3.5 Shokugan import figures next to one for the 6 inch vinyls. I'll have to check back repeatedly to see if and when they get them. But I really just wish I could find that King Caesar.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

King of the Monsters wrote:I've picked up all the Bandais at Walmart except for the King Caesar. After a whole week of the whole section for Godzilla Bandais being open with nothing in stock, I found only the Godzilla 1968 and Mechagodzilla in stock last night and snagged them. I stopped by today and the section was empty again but rearranged. There's now a section for presumably the 3.5 Shokugan import figures next to one for the 6 inch vinyls. I'll have to check back repeatedly to see if and when they get them. But I really just wish I could find that King Caesar.
I doubt you’ll find him anywhere as I’ve been on a hunt as well and been to at least six different Walmarts. All I find is Mothra, Ghidorah, Godzilla 1954 and 1968.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Heya peeps, I reviewed the only of these Bandai America vinyls that I needed: Godzilla 54!

ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Chris55 wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:

I think they may have done it, whatever it was.
So then Bandai America is infact not making any KOTM figures?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If they are, they'll have missed the boat by quite a mile.