Monster Discussion #28: Ganimes

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
gigan72
Keizer

Monster Discussion #28: Ganimes

Post by gigan72 »

Resized Image
Discussion thread for the monster Ganimes from Space Amoeba.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Discussion #28: Ganimes

Post by Gothicserpent »

A good boy. A pinchy boy.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

Chad Ebirah
Resized Image 

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:Chad Ebirah
Ebirah and Ganimes are both equal chads.

Seriously though. I kinda like this guy. His design is weird and so is his costume. But somehow it all kinda fits. I'd love to see him and the other two Yog kaiju to show up again.
Last edited by Gothicserpent on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Ganime was a good monster for the film, but will always play second fiddle to Ebirah.

Ganime did try out for other movies, but Toho felt his attitude was too crabby.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I do wonder why the Yog Trio were never reused in Godzilla films. It would have been an easy way to save money on new suits.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

In an interview Nakano said no one at Toho was all that satisfied with those characters, that they were too cute/weren't scary enough. I'd imagine that's why they weren't seen again until much later on.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Terasawa wrote:In an interview Nakano said no one at Toho was all that satisfied with those characters, that they were too cute/weren't scary enough. I'd imagine that's why they weren't seen again until much later on.
That's a bit surprising. Gezora atleast seemed to be popular.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I can see how Gezora and Kamoeba could be seen as "cute", but Ganime not so much. The crab was the scariest looking one, in my opinion.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

edgaguirus wrote:I can see how Gezora and Kamoeba could be seen as "cute", but Ganime not so much. The crab was the scariest looking one, in my opinion.
I think that's why he's probably the least popular. I like Ganimes, but he looks too much like an ordinary crab. Aside from him being giant, he really doesn't stick out as much as the other two.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"