The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby GFAN198423 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:The head looks too small, the elbow joint is unsightly and the hands look too large.

Yeah, and the fact that the neck amd hands are jointed makes the unusually small head and bigass palms stand out even more lol.
Which is a shame, because the rest of the body looks pretty decent and accurate (feet, spines etc). What is it with S.H failing to capture the Legendary design correctly lmao.

SHMA's articulation style causes proportions to be off in their figures, this stands out with some designs more than others. Their '64 suffers from it, even the 2003 a bit.

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:46 pm

GFAN198423 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:The head looks too small, the elbow joint is unsightly and the hands look too large.

Yeah, and the fact that the neck amd hands are jointed makes the unusually small head and bigass palms stand out even more lol.
Which is a shame, because the rest of the body looks pretty decent and accurate (feet, spines etc). What is it with S.H failing to capture the Legendary design correctly lmao.

SHMA's articulation style causes proportions to be off in their figures, this stands out with some designs more than others. Their '64 suffers from it, even the 2003 a bit.

Yeah, noticed that too. Shin and 62 also have this problem. Seems that Legendary Ghidorah has the same issue to some extent, with the head-to-body ratio clearly being different to what was shown so far from the movie. It's a shame really.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:11 am

Personally, I think NECA's articuation style is best, regardless of comparing sculpts or anything, they give enough articulation to be more of an action figure than an MMS Vinyl, but limit it enough they don't lose aesthetics because of proportions you have to change for the layers of articulation.

Added in 13 days 7 minutes 7 seconds:
Bandai MMS lineup.

warman222
Interpol Agent

Postby warman222 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Oh Rodan, what have they done to your legs...
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:04 pm

I can't stop laughing at the Bandai Rodan holy skreeonk. That face :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 pm

That Rodan is skreeonking disgusting
"Next time it'll be flawless."

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 am

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/aoeacz/first_look_at_the_godzilla_king_of_the_monsters/

Halloween's gonna be fun.......

Don't act like 8 year old you wouldn't have lost his mind seeing that Ghidorah costume in the store.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

OGMechaMothra
Samurai

Postby OGMechaMothra » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:13 am

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comments/aoeacz/first_look_at_the_godzilla_king_of_the_monsters/

Don't act like 8 year old you wouldn't have lost his mind seeing that Ghidorah costume in the store.

My 32 year old me is losing his mind!! I already told the wife that I am buying it and never taking it off. :huge:

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:03 am

Those costumes are horrifying
"Next time it'll be flawless."

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 am

OGMechaMothra wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

My 32 year old me is losing his mind!! I already told the wife that I am buying it and never taking it off. :huge:

I'm saying. If I saw that in a store as a kid, I would have lost my mind. I think people forget who these are marketed towards.
Resized Image

warman222
Interpol Agent

Postby warman222 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

Godzilla looks fine, Ghidorah is a valiant effort but it just doesn't look good. The hands for the others heads makes sense but why are the wings so damn small and the neck is so thick? Like it looks like this was clearly the first time the costume makers tackled a Ghidorah costume and again they gave it their best but it just falls short to me. Even as a kid I think I wouldn't of liked it. Most of the other stuff is looking good though, the only other one that just fails is Mothra's mask. Which they gave fangs for god knows why and the insect eyes just look like coloring to the sides. Again, clearly the first attempt at a bug mask, boy does it show. Rodan's is spot on though and the others aren't bad either.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:46 pm

As frightening as those costumes do look I think its awesome that they exist and I know that if I was six or so I'd have lost my mind over getting them.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:47 pm

cloverfan98 wrote:As frightening as those costumes do look I think its awesome that they exist and I know that if I was six or so I'd have lost my mind over getting them.

^^^^^ Thank you.
Resized Image

Major sssspielberg!
Samurai

Postby Major sssspielberg! » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Man, the Ghidorah costume is gonna make role play night EXTRA SPICY
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.

:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien:

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Maritonic wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:As frightening as those costumes do look I think its awesome that they exist and I know that if I was six or so I'd have lost my mind over getting them.

^^^^^ Thank you.

Wait Mari, where did I say I didn't like them?

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:24 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

^^^^^ Thank you.

Where did I say you didn't?
Resized Image

warman222
Interpol Agent

Postby warman222 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Indeed, that's why I was trying to go with the slant with some of the crappier ones that this is the first time a Godzilla film has been mainstream enough to GET this treatment. Like how there was merch for Ant-Man and Vision for the recent MCU stuff at the time. Before those respective films came out I doubt any comic fan would of expected mainstream costumes of those characters. It just shows the growing pains with these early attempts, and where I hope we see refinement later on at some point.

Oh, OHH, imagine the sweet merch for Godzilla vs Kong. OOHHHH!!!!! That's gonna be great.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
^^^^^ Thank you.

Where did I say you didn't?

Well when you first responded to me I read it like that. Oops :lol:

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:52 pm

On a more positive note, JAKKS 30 CM Godzilla is looking great.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”