GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:48 pm

mikelcho wrote:And Mr. Yellow, it's "the Trilopods".

....what are you talking about?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

mikelcho
Interpol Agent
Posts: 564
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby mikelcho » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:
mikelcho wrote:And Mr. Yellow, it's "the Trilopods".

....what are you talking about?
Sorry, meant to say LSD Jellyfish. It's been fixed.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Complete Rulers of Earth vol.2 cometh! August release.

https://news.tokunation.com/2019/01/23/ ... -idw-58344
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:30 pm

I'll ask again lol

Mr. Yellow wrote:What does this mean for the Godzilla comic license though?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14178
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:42 pm

If you haven't gotten a response, chances are nobody here knows.
Image

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Oh I know, was more of a joke than anything. Didn't know if they had to have the license in order to release this.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
ROMG4
Interpol Agent
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby ROMG4 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:37 am

Most likely it revolves around the same legal thinga micjig that allowed Marvel to reprint their Godzilla comics in Marvel Essentials

The Godzilla comic license is probably still in the air or Legendary Comics will take it up
Last edited by ROMG4 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Super King Ghidorah
Young Farmer
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Super King Ghidorah » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:42 pm

You mean the best godzilla comic??

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:05 pm

OK...someone with better knowledge help me out here. Diamond is showing some other Rules of the Earth release NEXT month, that's not Rulers of Earth Volume 2, yet I don't know what it is...

What is THIS? https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190705

Here's volume 2: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190704
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14178
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Looks like a reissue of Volume 1 of the normal TPBs to me.
Image

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:15 pm

OK, I wasn't quite sure. Does that seem odd?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14178
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Ehhh, not really. They might be putting out a few of the older TPBs to tie in with Complete Vol. 2.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:24 pm

I really wish they'd release volume one again of the TPB, and some of the later TP's. I still can't track a lot of them down.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Godzillian » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:43 am

Mr. Yellow wrote:I really wish they'd release volume one again of the TPB, and some of the later TP's. I still can't track a lot of them down.

They're not really that hard to find, most of them are still fairly priced, just gotta know where to look
Image

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:44 am

Godzillian wrote:
Mr. Yellow wrote:I really wish they'd release volume one again of the TPB, and some of the later TP's. I still can't track a lot of them down.

They're not really that hard to find, most of them are still fairly priced, just gotta know where to look


I’m referring to the Godzilla Rulers of Earth Complete Volume, and then later TPBs of the miniseries: Godzilla in Hell, Goliaths, Half Century War etc. I know they’re in various states of used on Amazon, but I’m picky and they’re pricy. My LCS was able to get a few last year, but that’s all.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14178
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:49 am

The later miniseries (especially Rage Across Time) were underproduced and pretty rare.
Image

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Godzillian » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:02 am

UltramanGoji wrote:The later miniseries (especially Rage Across Time) were underproduced and pretty rare.

Glad I picked up it up as soon as I could. The second I saw Matt Frank talk about how it wasn't going to be fully produced I ordered it on amazon.
Image

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Mr. Yellow » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 am

Yet Rage was one I was able to get somehow. I need to look at my spreadsheet again.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
Tim85
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2265
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Fort Madison IA

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby Tim85 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:55 pm

I was able to find Rage Across Time at a local comic shop. Good thing I picked it up then.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

User avatar
GodzillaRangerPrime
G-Grasper
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 pm
Location: Avengers Tower

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Postby GodzillaRangerPrime » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:11 am

I hope they re-release the Complete Volume 1 again

Missed out on it the first time around
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.

I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.


That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.


Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests