Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Post by Terasawa »

Forgive me if there's a thread for this already, I haven't seen one.

I know some users are planning/have been re-watching every Godzilla movie in preparation for the upcoming KOTM; others will likely only be watching a few movies. I can't imagine there are any fans here that don't plan to watch anything in anticipation of seeing the new film but I suppose that's a possibility too.

So the question is this: what exactly do the rest of you intend to do before you see the latest Godzilla movie?

I'll be foregoing a full marathon in part because I don't have enough time to digest each film and but mostly because I don't want to be burnt out on Godzilla by the end of May. Instead, I think I'll be watching some or all of the following: Godzilla ('54; maybe the original KOTM), Rodan, Mothra ('61), Godzilla vs the Thing, and Ghidrah. If I feel like it I may also give G'14 another look.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: Your plans in preparation for KOTM '19

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

The only ones I really plan to rewatch are going to be GTTHM, G14 and K:SI. I'll watch them closer to when the movie comes out. I picked those ones primarily because of their relation to KOTM. I want a refresher on the Monsterverse so far with G14 and K:SI. But I'm more excited to compare KOTM with GTTHM because they both have the same monster stars. Maybe I'll pick up on some homages or themes that might be shared between them too.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Full series marathon, one a day starting on the 27th of April. No Skull Island for me as it doesn’t really factor into this film at all.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The only ones I really plan to rewatch are going to be GTTHM, G14 and K:SI. I'll watch them closer to when the movie comes out. I picked those ones primarily because of their relation to KOTM. I want a refresher on the Monsterverse so far with G14 and K:SI. But I'm more excited to compare KOTM with GTTHM because they both have the same monster stars. Maybe I'll pick up on some homages or themes that might be shared between them too.
Exactly my plan, for the same reasons.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Breathing through a paper bag.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Acquire tickets. Rise that morning. Consume food. Likely repeat step three once or twice prior to attending movie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The only ones I really plan to rewatch are going to be GTTHM, G14 and K:SI. I'll watch them closer to when the movie comes out. I picked those ones primarily because of their relation to KOTM. I want a refresher on the Monsterverse so far with G14 and K:SI. But I'm more excited to compare KOTM with GTTHM because they both have the same monster stars. Maybe I'll pick up on some homages or themes that might be shared between them too.
UltramanGoji wrote:Full series marathon, one a day starting on the 27th of April. No Skull Island for me as it doesn’t really factor into this film at all.
I actually forgot about Skull Island. I haven't seen that yet so if I have time I may try to fit that in.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I'll definitely watch the 2014 movie again shortly before I see KOTM, since I haven't seen that since it came out. Maybe I'll throw on Skull Island too, since its a fun flick, though I won't make it a priority (I've seen it a few times already).

Before LPG, I watched a few "essentials" (The original, KKVG, Mothra vs. Godzilla), but mainly took the time to revisit entries I hadn't seen in a long time, most (OK, all) of which were later Heisei and Millenium movies. So I might do that again, but we'll see. I also watched a few other Toho SFX offerings I hadn't seen at the time.
Terasawa wrote:I actually forgot about Skull Island. I haven't seen that yet so if I have time I may try to fit that in.
I can't guarantee you'll like it, but its certainly worth a watch.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

eabaker wrote:Acquire tickets. Rise that morning. Consume food. Likely repeat step three once or twice prior to attending movie.
Here, here!

Add consuming food inside the cinema...and out of it, too
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Watch Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island the day before I go to the theater.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Typically I marathon the entire series leading up to a new movie. I actually started that, but since I’m moving this week I had to put that on hold. My goal is to see the film on its release day in japan in a Toho cinema, preferably the biggest in Tokyo.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm that one guy who won't be doing anything. :huge:

Probably, anyway. It's almost two months out, so plans might materialize before then... But for now, I got nothin'.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Watch Godzilla movies starting in May. Last week will then be Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla 2014.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I'll install a bidet just in case I post an enormous shitpost on this site cause I don't like it as much as I wanted to
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Terasawa wrote:I can't imagine there are any fans here that don't plan to watch anything in anticipation of seeing the new film but I suppose that's a possibility too.
I never do :P I'll be out visiting family during the movie's release, so I'm most looking forward to the trip to the theaters with them to watch it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I plan on rewatching Godzilla (14) and Kong:Skull Island before hand. Also try to avoid spoilers as much as humanely possible. I will not get this movie spoiled for me.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Absolutely nothing. Though I do plan on taking a couple vacation days that week so I can make the Thursday pre screening.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Starting in May, I am going to rewatch all the 32 Godzilla movies to date (Gojira 54 to Planet Eater) throughout the month and then see KOTM opening night.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GojiDog wrote:Starting in May, I am going to rewatch all the 32 Godzilla movies to date (Gojira 54 to Planet Eater) throughout the month and then see KOTM opening night.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Treat it like any other day.