GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Post by Mr. Yellow »

mikelcho wrote:And Mr. Yellow, it's "the Trilopods".
....what are you talking about?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Mr. Yellow wrote:
mikelcho wrote:And Mr. Yellow, it's "the Trilopods".
....what are you talking about?
Sorry, meant to say LSD Jellyfish. It's been fixed.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Complete Rulers of Earth vol.2 cometh! August release.

https://news.tokunation.com/2019/01/23/ ... -idw-58344
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I'll ask again lol
Mr. Yellow wrote:What does this mean for the Godzilla comic license though?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

If you haven't gotten a response, chances are nobody here knows.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Oh I know, was more of a joke than anything. Didn't know if they had to have the license in order to release this.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Most likely it revolves around the same legal thinga micjig that allowed Marvel to reprint their Godzilla comics in Marvel Essentials

The Godzilla comic license is probably still in the air or Legendary Comics will take it up
Last edited by ROMG4 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Super King Ghidorah
Young Farmer

Post by Super King Ghidorah »

You mean the best godzilla comic??

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

OK...someone with better knowledge help me out here. Diamond is showing some other Rules of the Earth release NEXT month, that's not Rulers of Earth Volume 2, yet I don't know what it is...

What is THIS? https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190705

Here's volume 2: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190704

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Looks like a reissue of Volume 1 of the normal TPBs to me.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

OK, I wasn't quite sure. Does that seem odd?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ehhh, not really. They might be putting out a few of the older TPBs to tie in with Complete Vol. 2.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I really wish they'd release volume one again of the TPB, and some of the later TP's. I still can't track a lot of them down.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. Yellow wrote:I really wish they'd release volume one again of the TPB, and some of the later TP's. I still can't track a lot of them down.
They're not really that hard to find, most of them are still fairly priced, just gotta know where to look

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Godzillian wrote:
Mr. Yellow wrote:I really wish they'd release volume one again of the TPB, and some of the later TP's. I still can't track a lot of them down.
They're not really that hard to find, most of them are still fairly priced, just gotta know where to look
I’m referring to the Godzilla Rulers of Earth Complete Volume, and then later TPBs of the miniseries: Godzilla in Hell, Goliaths, Half Century War etc. I know they’re in various states of used on Amazon, but I’m picky and they’re pricy. My LCS was able to get a few last year, but that’s all.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The later miniseries (especially Rage Across Time) were underproduced and pretty rare.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

UltramanGoji wrote:The later miniseries (especially Rage Across Time) were underproduced and pretty rare.
Glad I picked up it up as soon as I could. The second I saw Matt Frank talk about how it wasn't going to be fully produced I ordered it on amazon.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Yet Rage was one I was able to get somehow. I need to look at my spreadsheet again.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I was able to find Rage Across Time at a local comic shop. Good thing I picked it up then.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I hope they re-release the Complete Volume 1 again

Missed out on it the first time around
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.