Godzilla: Aftershock, a prequel graphic novel to KOTM

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Aftershock, a prequel graphic novel to KOTM

Post by G2000 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Image

(from)
Reproductive iology seems unique but somehow also familiar. It's still pretty cool how it is asexual but gives birth to a different sexually reproductive species
Living Corpse wrote:Adam's killer.
I guess so. Would be nice if Godzilla has encountered Jinshin before and is legitimately frightened of and/or has a serious grudge against it for that reason
Last edited by G2000 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

G2000 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Adam's killer.
I guess so. Would be nice if Godzilla has encountered Jinshin before and is legitimately frightened of and/or has a serious grudge against it for that reason
I think being an arch-nemesis to his species is enough. Personal arch-nemesis role is filled with King Ghidorah.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

The synopsis makes it seems like it has a personal history with Godzilla. With Aftershock seeming like it will have some focus on the ancient civilization that worshipped Godzilla, with the ruins we see of Godzilla’s lair being very Atlantis like, and then fact that Jinshin can produce very powerful earthquakes. I can see what history it has with Godzilla himself.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant28 wrote:The synopsis makes it seems like it has a personal history with Godzilla. With Aftershock seeming like it will have some focus on the ancient civilization that worshipped Godzilla, with the ruins we see of Godzilla’s lair being very Atlantis like, and then fact that Jinshin can produce very powerful earthquakes. I can see what history it has with Godzilla himself.
Building on this, it seems like that Godzilla corpse we saw in 2014, with the MUTO egg within it, likely belonged to the Jinshin.

Which means (s)he took out numerous Gojis back in the day.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:The synopsis makes it seems like it has a personal history with Godzilla. With Aftershock seeming like it will have some focus on the ancient civilization that worshipped Godzilla, with the ruins we see of Godzilla’s lair being very Atlantis like, and then fact that Jinshin can produce very powerful earthquakes. I can see what history it has with Godzilla himself.
Building on this, it seems like that Godzilla corpse we saw in 2014, with the MUTO egg within it, likely belonged to the Jinshin.

They confirmed it I believe
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Jinshin killed some of Godzilla's friends/family and then killed his pets, I guess
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

There is an underwater battle between the two.
Facts don't care about your feelings

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:

Rest in Peace Adam.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Rest in Peace Adam.
Is Adam the corpse? :lol: , I've seen u mention him a few times td
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Building on this, it seems like that Godzilla corpse we saw in 2014, with the MUTO egg within it, likely belonged to the Jinshin.

Rest in Peace Adam.
Is Adam the corpse? :lol: , I've seen u mention him a few times td

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume this creature killed many or any of Godzilla species. Mutos are more akin to Hyenas, in that they attack the weak, old and wounded. Where as Godzilla is like a male lion, who can chase away and easily kill multiple Mutos.

I often wonder, given what we've seen in Godzilla (2014) and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, if Godzilla may have been in a weakened state having just awoken from his long rest and not feasted on any energy or flesh while in pursuit of the Mutos. It didn't help that, if in a weakened/tired state, that Godzilla used further energy swimming half way around the globe to chase the Mutos.

I can even see the Mutos being prey for not only Godzilla's species, but also Rodan and other Alpha Titan species that existed.
Last edited by GreenScar1990 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GreenScar1990 wrote:I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume this creature killed many or any of Godzilla species. Mutos are more akin to Hyenas, in that they attack the weak, old and wounded. Where as Godzilla is like a male lion, who can chase away and easily kill multiple Mutos.

I often wonder, given what we've seen in Godzilla (2014) and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, if Godzilla may have been in a weakened state having just awoken from his long rest and not feasted on any energy or flesh while in pursuit of the Mutos. It didn't help that, if in a weakened/tired state, that Godzilla used further energy swimming half way around the globe to chase the Mutos.
I think it's more that he's just past his prime and a really old specimen of his species. He only lasted this long due to hibernation and stuff.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Anyone else not really digging this further development of Muto biology? The species life cycle was already convoluted with them starting as parasitic spores, hatching into a larval stage, pupating, then as adults they mate and lay eggs in nests rather than spores in a host which would make more sense.

Now it turns out that their entire species is the result of an asexual subspecies laying these spores which hatch into a whole different subspecies that now reproduce sexually henceforth. It just seems to complicate it further for no real reason.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

Gojira18 wrote:
GreenScar1990 wrote:I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume this creature killed many or any of Godzilla species. Mutos are more akin to Hyenas, in that they attack the weak, old and wounded. Where as Godzilla is like a male lion, who can chase away and easily kill multiple Mutos.

I think it's more that he's just past his prime and a really old specimen of his species. He only lasted this long due to hibernation and stuff.
Possibly. But you can hardly tell that from what we've seen of Godzilla in KotM. He seems faster, stronger, more powerful and returned to his prime.

I did have a wild theory that the Godzilla we see in KotM is another speciem, one at the peak of power and in his prime. But that's 100% unlikely.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GreenScar1990 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:

Possibly. But you can hardly tell that from what we've seen of Godzilla in KotM. He seems faster, stronger, more powerful and returned to his prime.

I did have a wild theory that the Godzilla we see in KotM is another speciem, one at the peak of power and in his prime. But that's 100% unlikely.
Maybe that's a temporary boost kind of like the mutant medicine in Logan that bolstered Logan's abilities

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

Gojira18 wrote:
GreenScar1990 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote: I think it's more that he's just past his prime and a really old specimen of his species. He only lasted this long due to hibernation and stuff.

Maybe that's a temporary boost kind of like the mutant medicine in Logan that bolstered Logan's abilities
Not likely.

In the underwater scene, his eyes did not glow yet his dorsal spikes radiated as intensely as when he spewed his atomic fire towards the heavens later. I think my theory of Godzilla being in a tired/weakened state in the 2014 film could be true, regardless of Godzilla's age.

I mean, just because he's not in his prime doesn't mean Godzilla is incapable of achieving power levels as great as they were when he was in his prime.

Think of him as a fighter, or if you want to take a cue from nature a silverback gorilla out of his prime. He may no longer have his youth, but he still has the power to match and take down those who're in their prime.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GreenScar1990 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
GreenScar1990 wrote:

Not likely.

In the underwater scene, his eyes did not glow yet his dorsal spikes radiated as intensely as when he spewed his atomic fire towards the heavens later. I think my theory of Godzilla being in a tired/weakened state in the 2014 film could be true, regardless of Godzilla's age.

I mean, just because he's not in his prime doesn't mean Godzilla is incapable of achieving power levels as great as they were when he was in his prime.

Think of him as a fighter, or if you want to take a cue from nature a silverback gorilla out of his prime. He may no longer have his youth, but he still has the power to match and take down those who're in their prime.
True, but age is still an overall detriment. As we've seen in 2014, he just seems tired and not as sharp as he once was.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

Gojira18 wrote:
GreenScar1990 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote: Maybe that's a temporary boost kind of like the mutant medicine in Logan that bolstered Logan's abilities
Not likely.

True, but age is still an overall detriment. As we've seen in 2014, he just seems tired and not as sharp as he once was.
True. We'll see in KotM if that remains true. I should also point out his dorsal spikes didn't radiate as intensely nor was his atomic fire as intense in the 2014 film, so that may lend a lot of credibility to him being more weakened/tired than normal even for being out of his prime.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

GreenScar1990 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
GreenScar1990 wrote:
Not likely.

True. We'll see in KotM if that remains true. I should also point out his dorsal spikes didn't radiate as intensely nor was his atomic fire as intense in the 2014 film, so that may lend a lot of credibility to him being more weakened/tired than normal even for being out of his prime.
That's most likely from the MUTO's EMP weakening it

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GreenScar1990 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:

It's possible he fed off the nuke at the end of G2014 (and other underwater pockets of radiation).