The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5590
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:21 pm

G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:
Image
Sith Apprentice.

KingKong2005
G-Grasper
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:33 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby KingKong2005 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:24 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:

Seconded bro
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby goji89 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:33 pm

KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:

Seconded bro

I'll third it
Fourth it
and fifth it.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4958
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby 2004Zilla » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut moth tiddies
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5590
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:56 pm

2004Zilla wrote:Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut moth tiddies

They've done some frightening tings to Ghidorah with a building.. Never again will I look up Ghidorah fan art
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Godzillian » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Pretty cringe when fans use the latest memes to relate to kaiju
Image

KingKong2005
G-Grasper
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:33 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby KingKong2005 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Godzillian wrote:Pretty cringe when fans use the latest memes to relate to kaiju

Oh...you mean when Jet Jaguar crawls into Destroyah's ass and expands?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4958
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby 2004Zilla » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm

Godzilla, eat a snickers... cause you turn into a iguana when your hungry!!
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby goji89 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:45 pm

2004Zilla wrote:Godzilla, eat a snickers... cause you turn into a iguana when your hungry!!


Someone sig this shiit....I want to see it everywhere in every damn thread....
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2342
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8109
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Godzilla21 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:41 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/


lol. Took me a second.

+1 Noodles
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:20 pm

2004Zilla wrote:Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut moth tiddies

Image
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
G2000 wrote:It's nigh impossible to go out looking for semi-decent fanart anymore without running into all sorts of anthromorphization, gijinka, "kaiju girls", ponification, and other assorted poop. It's not even buried anymore, you run into it on like the second page nowadays

I miss when the degenerates would stay in their skreeonking holes

Completely agree :lol:


I don't see this.
Image

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:19 pm

Was reading Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo. Saw this gem that came up from the author defending the kaiju genre
Image

Nothing wrong with not enjoying Jurassic Park, I think it's B-level Spielberg (which still makes it a great film), but calling it mediocre while defending a genre in which most of it's best films are in the same league is silly.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6533
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Was reading Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo. Saw this gem that came up from the author defending the kaiju genre
Image

Nothing wrong with not enjoying Jurassic Park, I think it's B-level Spielberg (which still makes it a great film), but calling it mediocre while defending a genre in which most of it's best films are in the same league is silly.

Ehh, I have mixed feelings on this. I agree it’s dumb calling Jurassic Park mediocre; it’s a great movie and really entertaining. However, I think the point of consumerism and people mocking the genre is true as well. However, the most notorious MST3K Godzilla film is Godzilla vs Megalon, which is hard to defend and not make fun of it myself.

I do agree though that Kaiju and the genre are more interesting and varied then just dinosaurs.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby Godzillian » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:13 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Was reading Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo. Saw this gem that came up from the author defending the kaiju genre


Nothing wrong with not enjoying Jurassic Park, I think it's B-level Spielberg (which still makes it a great film), but calling it mediocre while defending a genre in which most of it's best films are in the same league is silly.

To be fair I'd still give that argument more credit than the people that say the only reason kaiju films are laughed at is because of racism.
Image

edgaguirus
Kwaidan
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby edgaguirus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:43 am

Especially ponification. Some kaiju just don't translate well into pony form.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

User avatar
GodzillaRangerPrime
G-Grasper
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 pm
Location: Avengers Tower

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby GodzillaRangerPrime » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Legion1979 wrote:You guys know that this is just how kids dress in Japan right? It's not something unique to the Showa Godzilla series, and DEFINITELY not something worth holding against them.


That doesn’t change the fact that it’s hella cringy
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.

I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.


That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4756
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby G2000 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 pm

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:You guys know that this is just how kids dress in Japan right? It's not something unique to the Showa Godzilla series, and DEFINITELY not something worth holding against them.


That doesn’t change the fact that it’s hella cringy

That post is two years old and almost 80 pages ago
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:27 pm

G2000 wrote:
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:You guys know that this is just how kids dress in Japan right? It's not something unique to the Showa Godzilla series, and DEFINITELY not something worth holding against them.


That doesn’t change the fact that it’s hella cringy

That post is two years old and almost 80 pages ago

Seriously? I thought it was a post that was removed by the mods.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests