Important! Need help finding Image from past issue G-Fan Magazine!

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Important! Need help finding Image from past issue G-Fan Magazine!

Post by GreenScar1990 »

Greetings, fellow kaiju fans!

I need some help finding a really cool image from a past issue of G-Fan Magazine. If any of you can help me, and download/send me a high quality version of the picture, I'd really appreciate it.

The image is of Marvel Comics version of Godzilla fighting The Incredible Hulk. I'm pretty certain it is illustrated by Sal Buscema. Apparently it was an unpublished promo/cover which would have pit the King of the Monsters against the Strongest One there is in an epic battle. Unfortunately, the comic book rights reverted back to Toho before we could get such a clash.

Anyway, I can describe the image perfectly.

Godzilla is breathing a stream of atomic fire in the direction of the Hulk, who is hurling a billboard in the direction of Godzilla's head. And on said billboard it exclaims/reads:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters versus The Incredible Hulk!

If anyone of you can help me out in this important task, I'd be incredibly grateful for it!

UltramanGoji

Re: Important! Need help finding Image from past issue G-Fan Magazine!

Post by UltramanGoji »

If you remember the issue number, I can try and find it from my collection of scans.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

UltramanGoji wrote:If you remember the issue number, I can try and find it from my collection of scans.
I'm not sure which issue it is, but I think it was focusing on a retrospective of Marvel Comics Godzilla: King of the Monsters series. I don't know if that helps or not.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It'll do! I'll check the website index and see if I have any of the issues on my hard drive.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

UltramanGoji wrote:It'll do! I'll check the website index and see if I have any of the issues on my hard drive.
Thank you! I really appreciate it. :)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Can't seem to find it, sorry. I've looked through every issue with an article on Godzilla in comics and I haven't found anything. I'm sure it exists, I remember it as well, but I can't find it at the moment.

If I do in the future, I'll make a post here.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Can't seem to find it, sorry. I've looked through every issue with an article on Godzilla in comics and I haven't found anything. I'm sure it exists, I remember it as well, but I can't find it at the moment.

If I do in the future, I'll make a post here.
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I hope you are able to find it in the near future. It's a great image and it needs to be seen by fans of both characters.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Issues 53 and 54 had an interview with Herb Trimpe and retrospective on the series, although I'm unable to find my copies of either issue right now. I recall Hulk being mentioned in the Trimpe interview but I don't remember the illustration. I'd bet that's my memory faulting me though because I probably haven't read those issues since they were printed. I'll let you know if they turn up and whether I can find the image.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Terasawa wrote:Issues 53 and 54 had an interview with Herb Trimpe and retrospective on the series, although I'm unable to find my copies of either issue right now. I recall Hulk being mentioned in the Trimpe interview but I don't remember the illustration. I'd bet that's my memory faulting me though because I probably haven't read those issues since they were printed. I'll let you know if they turn up and whether I can find the image.
I checked both issues. 53 doesn't have it and 54 had a retrospective of the entire series but only showed the individual covers for each issue.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

UltramanGoji wrote:I checked both issues. 53 doesn't have it and 54 had a retrospective of the entire series but only showed the individual covers for each issue.
Thanks for confirming. Guess my memory can be trusted then, except in regards to where I've put some of my old G-Fans. :mad:
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Is this what your looking for?
Last edited by kingkevzilla88 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Is this what your looking for?
No, it is not. :|

Did you not read my description of the image? I ask because I cannot help but feel you didn't.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

GreenScar1990 wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:Is this what your looking for?
No, it is not. :|

Did you not read my description of the image? I ask because I cannot help but feel you didn't.
I did and that was all I could find.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Hmm... This?

It's from G-FAN issue #60, page 42. Apologies for the quality, pulled from the stored pages of "The Pulp Magazine Archive" from Archive.org.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wow, I didn’t even think to check that article just based on the title alone. That’s pretty weird.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Hmm... This?

It's from G-FAN issue #60, page 42. Apologies for the quality, pulled from the stored pages of "The Pulp Magazine Archive" from Archive.org.
Yes! That's the one! Thank you so much! Any chance for a high quality version of that picture? It's too great not to have displayed!