The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14041
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 am

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Those are spectacular. Are they Region A or B?


Region B, I hope is that ok?


Unfortunately it's not. I have a Region A player and have zero plans to get a region-free one anytime soon. Shame, those looked neat.

Added in 1 month 9 days 5 hours 34 minutes 19 seconds:
Exciting news! Sentai Filmworks (basically remnants of ADV and a blood relative to Kraken Releasing) will be releasing Daikaiju Mono on Blu-Ray this August!

Image

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Dai-Kaiju-Mono-Blu-ray

Daikaiju Mono features New Japan Pro Wrestling stars Kota Ibushi and Minoru Suzuki as genetically altered humans who must take down the titular kaiju before it destroys Tokyo.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 am
Location: scotland
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:20 am

UK label Powerhouse/Indicator is releasing classic horror Night of the Demon on blu-ray in October.
Image

This going to be a super deluxe edition, which will have 4 cuts of the film!

INDICATOR LIMITED 2-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• The BFI’s 2013 2K restoration of the 96-minute version
• High-definition remaster of the 82-minute cut
• Original mono audio
• Four presentations of the film: Night of the Demon – the original full-length pre-release version (96 mins), and the original UK theatrical cut (82 minutes); Curse of the Demon – the original US theatrical cut (82 mins), and the US re-issue version (96 mins)
• Audio commentary with film historian Tony Earnshaw, author of Beating the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’
• Speak of the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’ (2007): documentary featuring interviews with actor Peggy Cummins, production designer Ken Adam and historians Tony Earnshaw and Jonathan Rigby
• Dana Andrews on 'Night of the Demon': a rare audio interview with the actor conducted by Scott MacQueen
• The Devil’s in the Detail (2018): Christopher Frayling on Night of the Demon and acclaimed production designer Ken Adam
• Horrors Unseen (2018): a discussion of the celebrated director of Night of the Demon by Chris Fujiwara, author of Jacques Tourneur: The Cinema of Nightfall
• Sinister Signs (2018): an analysis by Kim Newman, author of Nightmare Movies
• Under the Spell (2018): the celebrated British horror writer Ramsey Campbell discusses the unique combination of M R James and Jacques Tourneur
• The Devil in Music (2018): a new appreciation of Clifton Parker's score by David Huckvale, author of Movie Magick: The Occult in Film
• The Devil Gets His Due (2018): film historian and preservationist Scott MacQueen on the release history of Night of the Demon
• The Truth of Alchemy (2018) a discussion of M R James and ‘Casting the Runes’ by Roger Clarke, author of A Natural History of Ghosts: 500 Years of Hunting for Proof
• Cloven In Two (2018): a new video piece exploring the different versions of the film
• Escape: 'Casting the Runes' (1947): a radio play adaptation of James’ original story
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Isolated music & effects track on the US theatrical cut
• Original US Curse of the Demon theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography, including rare production design sketches from the Deutsche Kinemathek’s Ken Adam Archive
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited Edition exclusive 80-page book containing a new essay by Kat Ellinger, M R James on ghost stories, a history of the film’s production through the words of its principal creators, a profile of witchcraft consultant Margaret Murray, the film’s history with the BBFC, a look at the different versions of the film, contemporary critical responses, a look at Charles Bennett’s original scripted ending, and film credits
• Limited Edition exclusive double-sided poster
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 6,000 copies
• ...AND MORE!


I will defently be getting this.

User avatar
Camdigidy
Samurai
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:50 pm

List of non-Godzilla kaiju movies from around the world

Postby Camdigidy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Everyone here loves the Godzilla movies. And everyone here has likely seen all of the Godzilla movies. But I've been wanting to check out other non-Godzilla kaiju movies from around the world, not just Toho or Japan.
Below is a list of all the kaiju movies (specifically giant monsters) I could find from around the world excluding the Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman series. The links go to where you can find the DVD's or BD's for the movies if they exist.
Also, let me know if there are any movies I've missed (I must have missed some) or if you think any of these don't belong on a list of kaiju movies.

Japan, Toho:
Half Human (1955): https://bit.ly/2IKh3lv
Rodan (1956): https://amzn.to/2OI1Cjv (with War of the Gargantuas)
The Mysterians (1957): https://amzn.to/2IOi64c
The H-Man (1958): https://amzn.to/2OL9iBh (with Mothra and Battle in Outer Space)
Varan (1958): https://amzn.to/2QBuaZ0
The Three Treatures (1959): https://bit.ly/2OJVabE
Battle in Outer Space (1959): https://amzn.to/2OL9iBh (with Mothra and The H-Man)
The Human Vapour (1960): https://bit.ly/2ypjaqo
Mothra (1961): https://amzn.to/2OL9iBh (with The H-Man and Battle in Outer Space)
Gorath (1962): https://bit.ly/2CwHJpI
Matango (1963): https://amzn.to/2Od9NVq
Atragon (1963): https://amzn.to/2OJVveq
Dogora (1964): https://amzn.to/2C5d5Tx
Frankenstein vs Baragon (1965): https://amzn.to/2QCpJxb
War of the Gargantuas (1966): https://amzn.to/2OI1Cjv (with Rodan)
King Kong Escapes (1967): https://amzn.to/2Pnpu98
Latitude Zero (1969): https://amzn.to/2yp7CU5
Space Amoeba (1970): https://amzn.to/2pLvVHD
Spectraman (1971-72) series: https://bit.ly/2RuVN7z
Daigoro vs. Goliath (1972): https://bit.ly/2yp8fgp
Zone Fighter (1973) series: https://bit.ly/2Oeo1Wa
Prophecies of Nostradamus (1974): https://bit.ly/2E9v8dF
The War in Space (1977): https://amzn.to/2OFxhSH
Gunhed (1989): https://amzn.to/2RyAHFg
Orochi: The Eight Headed Dragon (1994): https://amzn.to/2Cwa4N5
Rebirth of Mothra (1996) (1-3): https://amzn.to/2OSDN8N
Attack on Titan (2015) (1&2): https://amzn.to/2E7eXgV, https://amzn.to/2QAIa5m

Japan, Non-toho:
Whale God (1962): https://bit.ly/2NuBhRd or https://bit.ly/2Oa6u1f
The Magic Serpent (1966): https://bit.ly/2OKn7jr also on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2RBx2GM
Daimajin (1966) (1-3): https://amzn.to/2pKozEA
Gappa (1967): https://amzn.to/2IK0XZr also on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ygBG8B4uo
The X from Outer Space (1967): https://bit.ly/2OKB6pn (in Criterion's When Horror Came to Shochiku box set)
Kaiju Oji (The Monster Prince)(1967) series: Volume 1: https://amzn.to/2E9BlX8 Volume 2: https://amzn.to/2yjWzLM also on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2PoTSQy
Agon: Atomic Dragon (1968) mini-series: https://amzn.to/2CxXf4I also on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2zZtveA
Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds (1977): https://amzn.to/2NujI3G
The Last Dinosaur (1977): https://amzn.to/2OKoHlv
Diva in the Netherworld (1980): https://bit.ly/2RDeA0e
Attack of the Super Monsters (1982): https://amzn.to/2zZPu4V also on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2IIG2pm
Negadon: The Monster from Mars (2005): https://amzn.to/2EjDOhZ
Big Man Japan (2007): https://amzn.to/2RwPkZE
The Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit (2008): https://amzn.to/2Pnb3BU
Reigo, the Deep-Sea Monster vs. the Battleship Yamato (2008): https://bit.ly/2OOaILo
Demeking (2009): https://bit.ly/2CyAQV2
Gehara: The Dark & Long Hair Monster (2009): https://bit.ly/2NsSUAU
Daimajin Kanon (2010) series: https://amzn.to/2OfSHGw
Death Kappa (2010): https://amzn.to/2QCJJ2B

US:
The Lost World (1925): https://amzn.to/2Eh8uAp
King Kong (1933): https://amzn.to/2RJ6ZNN
Son of Kong (1933): https://amzn.to/2PqLUq4
Mighty Joe Young (1949): https://amzn.to/2RIwMG3
The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (1953): https://amzn.to/2EocVZU
Them! (1954): https://amzn.to/2pP9bXB
It Came from Beneath the Sea (1955): https://amzn.to/2OOw8rZ
Tarantula (1955):https://amzn.to/2yd1E9h
The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956): https://bit.ly/2yetxxK
20 Million Miles to Earth (1957): https://amzn.to/2CHh3CE
The Black Scorpion (1957): https://amzn.to/2CDTdrw
The Amazing Colossal Man (1957): https://amzn.to/2C9CXxn (With War of the Colossal Beast)
Beginning of the End (1957): https://amzn.to/2IRXpV5
The Deadly Mantis (1957): https://amzn.to/2pQHpdb
The Giant Claw (1957): https://amzn.to/2yuwNoc
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958): https://amzn.to/2y9SNFB
War of the Colossal Beast (1958): https://amzn.to/2C9CXxn (with The Amazing Colossal Man)
Earth vs The Spider (1958): https://amzn.to/2NChVcQ (with War of the Colossal Beast)
The Blob (1958): https://amzn.to/2RJoqOs
The Giant Gila Monster (1959): https://amzn.to/2Pp7knk
The Lost World (1960): https://amzn.to/2ydtTVs
The Mighty Gorga (1969): https://amzn.to/2CDG2XR
Night of the Lepus (1972): https://amzn.to/2A5qw4e
Beware the Blob (1972): https://amzn.to/2Ccn7Co
The Giant Spider Invasion (1975): https://amzn.to/2NDbcPM
The Food of the Gods (1976): https://amzn.to/2NGK6Yo
King Kong (1976): https://amzn.to/2ydQv8t
Q: The Winged Serpant (1982): https://amzn.to/2ONv5bR
King Kong Lives (1986): https://amzn.to/2Pp7F9A
The Blob (1988): https://amzn.to/2ydDrQv
Tremors (1990) (1 – 6): https://amzn.to/2QKNlzP (collection)
Zarkorr! The Invader (1996): https://amzn.to/2A57ESU
Kraa! The Sea Monster (1998): https://amzn.to/2yagJbO
Mighty Joe Young (1998): https://amzn.to/2pM9Usp
Eight Legged Freaks (2002): https://amzn.to/2CFttuT
King Kong (2005): https://amzn.to/2Cbk9Or
The Mist (2007): https://amzn.to/2IRcYMD
Cloverfield (2008): https://amzn.to/2yfy43j
Monsters (2010): https://amzn.to/2yf5ezX
Pacific Rim (2013): https://amzn.to/2Cbfdcj
The Giant Spider (2013): https://amzn.to/2yfxvGJ
Colossal (2016): https://amzn.to/2CbfADJ
Kong: Skull Island (2017): https://amzn.to/2OSk5JX
Rampage (2018): https://amzn.to/2NDnqrF
Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018): https://amzn.to/2QJPvzw

South Korea:
Yongary: Monster from the Deep (1967): https://amzn.to/2Cw4gmx
A*P*E (1976): https://amzn.to/2EgemtI
Yonggary (Reptilian) (1999): https://amzn.to/2NvPXiM also on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x98aEHWPRl0
The Host (2006): https://amzn.to/2ONMy3Q

North Korea:
Pulgasari (1985): https://bit.ly/2OKpeUx

Hong Kong:
Mighty Peking Man (1977): https://amzn.to/2A3JIQ1 (UK Region 2 disc), https://amzn.to/2A3JIQ1 (DVD)

Thialand:
Garuda (2004): https://amzn.to/2ybvif5

UK:
Behemoth, The Sea Monster (1959): https://amzn.to/2QKYwsn
Gorgo (1961): https://amzn.to/2QJNrI0
Queen Kong (1976): https://amzn.to/2pM7qKH
At the Earth's Core (1976): https://amzn.to/2yb9Irq
Reign of Fire (2002): https://amzn.to/2y8avcz

Ireland:
Grabbers (2012): https://amzn.to/2Pty46c

Denmark:
Reptilicus (1961): https://amzn.to/2QK99M5 (with Tentacles) (Danish version hard to find)

Czechoslovakia:
Journey to the Beginning of Time (1955): https://amzn.to/2PsNW8S
On the Comet (1970): https://amzn.to/2A3qtWD

Italy:
Tentacles (1977): https://amzn.to/2QK99M5 (with Reptilicus)

Norway:
Trollhunter (2010): https://amzn.to/2yy3YXM

Tiawan:
Zhuo yao zhan mo (Devil Fighter) (1969) (can’t find)
Xiao fei xia (Young Flying Hero) (1970) (can’t find)
Zhu Hong Wu (1971) (can’t find)
Hai mo (Monster from the Sea) (1975) (lost)
Zhan shen (War God) (1976): https://bit.ly/2OiYXNP
Sea God and Ghosts (Prince of the Dragon King) (1977) (can’t find)
The Fairy and the Devil (1982) (seems very hard to find)
Da she wang (Giant Snake King) (1984) (can’t find)
Thunder of Gigantic Serpent (1988): https://bit.ly/2CEYnn2

Philippines:
Anak ng bulkan (Son of the Volcano) (1959): (can’t find)
Tuko sa Madre Kakaw (Tired of Madre Cacao) (1959): (can’t find)
Anak ng Bulkan (Vulcan) (1997): (can’t find, may exist on vhs)

India:
Gogola (1966) (Lost) (a clip is on YouTube and a song that may or may not be related)
Last edited by Camdigidy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:53 pm

^Aren't some of those bootlegs releases?
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14041
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:^Aren't some of those bootlegs releases?


Sure are, which aren't really allowed to be shared on this site.

But thanks for giving me some new stores to check out! ;) :P
Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9373
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:11 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:UK label Powerhouse/Indicator is releasing classic horror Night of the Demon on blu-ray in October.
Image

This going to be a super deluxe edition, which will have 4 cuts of the film!

INDICATOR LIMITED 2-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• The BFI’s 2013 2K restoration of the 96-minute version
• High-definition remaster of the 82-minute cut
• Original mono audio
• Four presentations of the film: Night of the Demon – the original full-length pre-release version (96 mins), and the original UK theatrical cut (82 minutes); Curse of the Demon – the original US theatrical cut (82 mins), and the US re-issue version (96 mins)
• Audio commentary with film historian Tony Earnshaw, author of Beating the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’
• Speak of the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’ (2007): documentary featuring interviews with actor Peggy Cummins, production designer Ken Adam and historians Tony Earnshaw and Jonathan Rigby
• Dana Andrews on 'Night of the Demon': a rare audio interview with the actor conducted by Scott MacQueen
• The Devil’s in the Detail (2018): Christopher Frayling on Night of the Demon and acclaimed production designer Ken Adam
• Horrors Unseen (2018): a discussion of the celebrated director of Night of the Demon by Chris Fujiwara, author of Jacques Tourneur: The Cinema of Nightfall
• Sinister Signs (2018): an analysis by Kim Newman, author of Nightmare Movies
• Under the Spell (2018): the celebrated British horror writer Ramsey Campbell discusses the unique combination of M R James and Jacques Tourneur
• The Devil in Music (2018): a new appreciation of Clifton Parker's score by David Huckvale, author of Movie Magick: The Occult in Film
• The Devil Gets His Due (2018): film historian and preservationist Scott MacQueen on the release history of Night of the Demon
• The Truth of Alchemy (2018) a discussion of M R James and ‘Casting the Runes’ by Roger Clarke, author of A Natural History of Ghosts: 500 Years of Hunting for Proof
• Cloven In Two (2018): a new video piece exploring the different versions of the film
• Escape: 'Casting the Runes' (1947): a radio play adaptation of James’ original story
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Isolated music & effects track on the US theatrical cut
• Original US Curse of the Demon theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography, including rare production design sketches from the Deutsche Kinemathek’s Ken Adam Archive
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited Edition exclusive 80-page book containing a new essay by Kat Ellinger, M R James on ghost stories, a history of the film’s production through the words of its principal creators, a profile of witchcraft consultant Margaret Murray, the film’s history with the BBFC, a look at the different versions of the film, contemporary critical responses, a look at Charles Bennett’s original scripted ending, and film credits
• Limited Edition exclusive double-sided poster
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 6,000 copies
• ...AND MORE!


I will defently be getting this.


Sweet! I have the DVD but I'll definitely pick up the Bluray.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 am
Location: scotland
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:20 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:UK label Powerhouse/Indicator is releasing classic horror Night of the Demon on blu-ray in October.
Image

This going to be a super deluxe edition, which will have 4 cuts of the film!

INDICATOR LIMITED 2-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• The BFI’s 2013 2K restoration of the 96-minute version
• High-definition remaster of the 82-minute cut
• Original mono audio
• Four presentations of the film: Night of the Demon – the original full-length pre-release version (96 mins), and the original UK theatrical cut (82 minutes); Curse of the Demon – the original US theatrical cut (82 mins), and the US re-issue version (96 mins)
• Audio commentary with film historian Tony Earnshaw, author of Beating the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’
• Speak of the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’ (2007): documentary featuring interviews with actor Peggy Cummins, production designer Ken Adam and historians Tony Earnshaw and Jonathan Rigby
• Dana Andrews on 'Night of the Demon': a rare audio interview with the actor conducted by Scott MacQueen
• The Devil’s in the Detail (2018): Christopher Frayling on Night of the Demon and acclaimed production designer Ken Adam
• Horrors Unseen (2018): a discussion of the celebrated director of Night of the Demon by Chris Fujiwara, author of Jacques Tourneur: The Cinema of Nightfall
• Sinister Signs (2018): an analysis by Kim Newman, author of Nightmare Movies
• Under the Spell (2018): the celebrated British horror writer Ramsey Campbell discusses the unique combination of M R James and Jacques Tourneur
• The Devil in Music (2018): a new appreciation of Clifton Parker's score by David Huckvale, author of Movie Magick: The Occult in Film
• The Devil Gets His Due (2018): film historian and preservationist Scott MacQueen on the release history of Night of the Demon
• The Truth of Alchemy (2018) a discussion of M R James and ‘Casting the Runes’ by Roger Clarke, author of A Natural History of Ghosts: 500 Years of Hunting for Proof
• Cloven In Two (2018): a new video piece exploring the different versions of the film
• Escape: 'Casting the Runes' (1947): a radio play adaptation of James’ original story
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Isolated music & effects track on the US theatrical cut
• Original US Curse of the Demon theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography, including rare production design sketches from the Deutsche Kinemathek’s Ken Adam Archive
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited Edition exclusive 80-page book containing a new essay by Kat Ellinger, M R James on ghost stories, a history of the film’s production through the words of its principal creators, a profile of witchcraft consultant Margaret Murray, the film’s history with the BBFC, a look at the different versions of the film, contemporary critical responses, a look at Charles Bennett’s original scripted ending, and film credits
• Limited Edition exclusive double-sided poster
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 6,000 copies
• ...AND MORE!


I will defently be getting this.


Sweet! I have the DVD but I'll definitely pick up the Bluray.


You won't be disappointed, I got a copy last Monday and its great might even be the blu-ray release of the year. Also they've increased the number from 6,000 to 10,000 copies as demand for it as huge.

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby Mr. Yellow » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am

THE DEADLY MANTIS (1957) and Jack Arnold's TARANTULA (1955) on the way this March:
https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-deadly-mantis?product_id=7007

Image



https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/tarantula?product_id=7006

Image

Ah, love the announcement of Deadly Mantis and Tarantula, even though I’d given up hope last summer and bought them on DVD. I still think I’ll hold off for now unless the extras are super incredible. I should’ve waited like I did for The Black Scorpion.
Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 pm

^Awesome news about Tarantula. Wonder if Deadly Mantis will have the MST3K episode.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby Mr. Yellow » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 am

Ahhh, now The Giant Behemoth is coming! Begun the Godzilla cash in has...

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/blu-ray-blu-ray-item-list-g-c-1_456_488/giant-behemoth-1958-blu-ray-p-25934/fbclid/IwAR2J_Zc-czNreRVJvhN_KVbsX9xuIb0jmLfm7Mq5xhmVrl5qhKDFzV4JIxI


Image

Added in 16 days 16 hours 41 minutes 4 seconds:
Might be a big piece of work, but I wonder if it's possible to get this list updated with which studios own the rights to these? Some of them might be confusing.

Added in 2 months 2 days 16 hours 48 minutes 52 seconds:
So THE LAND UNKNOWN and KONGA coming from Kino apparently...

http://kaijuhometheatre.blogspot.com/20 ... -kino.html

Added in 16 days 2 hours 20 minutes 14 seconds:
Does anyone have the When Horror Came To Shochku DVD set? I've got a beat on one, but I only really want it for X from Outer Space.

How is the quality and other movies on it? Don't really want to drop $30 on one movie...
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14041
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:27 pm

It's a Criterion Eclipse set so it's not going to have the fine-tuned restorations that other releases from them have, but picture and sound quality are still better than the average DVD.

As for the movies themselves, X From Outer Space is generally regarded as the worst in the set from what I've read so I'd say it's a fair deal if you're only going for that.
Image

User avatar
MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2224
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: albaquarky
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby MaxRebo320 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:I only really want it for X from Outer Space.

Shame on you, because the other three movies are real treats. I would without a doubt call X the weakest film on the set.

The quality for X, while watchable, isn't exactly stellar (Pretty little in terms of decipherable detail). But seriously, get it for X, stay for the other films.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby Mr. Yellow » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 am

I wasn’t trying to diss any movie, I’m just on a hunt for giant monster movies right now. I’ve not seen X and was hoping it was worth it. I didn’t want to pay $30 for only one movie that I would enjoy.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

User avatar
MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2224
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: albaquarky
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby MaxRebo320 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am

Mr. Yellow wrote:I wasn’t trying to diss any movie, I’m just on a hunt for giant monster movies right now. I’ve not seen X and was hoping it was worth it. I didn’t want to pay $30 for only one movie that I would enjoy.

Well what I'm trying to say is I think you would enjoy the other movies included. Again, get the set for X, but do check out the other flicks, as they're all a lot of fun.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

User avatar
kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 am
Location: scotland
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:22 am

UK label, 88 films is putting out a box set of the first four Anaconda movies.

Image

The set is coming out in June and well be limited to 3000 copies.

User avatar
cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 am

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby cloverfan98 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Just picked up Konga on DVD recently. Glad to have it but its the weakest of the British Giant Monster films.

User avatar
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am
Contact:

Re: The List of Giant Monster Movies on Home Video

Postby Mr. Yellow » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:50 pm

It is, but it got some exposition with the Charlton comics. It’s also coming out on Blu-ray soon.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda


Return to “Monster Manor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest