The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

Post by Zarm »

ROMG4 wrote:
Zarm wrote:I don't know the Emperor, but if you're looking for a mid-tier, more-mortal Superman, either post-Crisis or DCAU might do the trick...
In Warhammer 40k's lore the Emperor of mankind is described as launching a psychic attack on his traitor son Horus that is the psychic equivalent of a supernova

Yes a supernova level psychic attack
Wellllll... that would probably take out pretty much any Superman. Might be better to match him up against Martian Manhunter, honestly; especially as he has most of the same physical powers...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Warhammer 40k is one of the most ridiculously powerful sci-fi universes out there and has few equals. Your average Space Marine bolter fires a .75 caliber, armor peircing, high explosive bullet.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Why do we allow matches that aren't kaiju fights? I came here to see Godzilla, not Star Wars or Friday the 13th.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote:Why do we allow matches that aren't kaiju fights? I came here to see Godzilla, not Star Wars or Friday the 13th.
Because variety and people wanted to see a match other then Godzilla

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

In some ways, it felt like we matched every kaiju against every other kaiju already, so we had to broaden the options. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Zarm wrote:In some ways, it felt like we matched every kaiju against every other kaiju already, so we had to broaden the options. :)
Then why not add Pacific Rim kaiju, Giant dinosaurs, and even OC kaijus?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I still question the rule behind not allowing a Video game characters.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote:
Zarm wrote:In some ways, it felt like we matched every kaiju against every other kaiju already, so we had to broaden the options. :)
Then why not add Pacific Rim kaiju, Giant dinosaurs, and even OC kaijus?
Umm, did you miss Pacific Rim vs Rampage, and Skull Island showdown?

Please keep OC's outta here, I don't care how good they are, no thank you.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

LegendZilla wrote:I still question the rule behind not allowing a Video game characters.
Cause video game characters are fucking bullshit.
Mario? Fucker can survive walking on lava, getting sucked into black holes, getting frozen, can survive the sun hurling itself at him. But a fucking goomba? Hol' the fuck up mate, if that lil Goomba hits Mario at all, NOT BITE HIM, ATTACK HIM, OR LOOK AT HIM, just WALKS INTO HIM? Mario dies.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I still question the rule behind not allowing a Video game characters.
Cause video game characters are skreeonking bullshit.
Mario? skreeonker can survive walking on lava, getting sucked into black holes, getting frozen, can survive the sun hurling itself at him. But a skreeonking goomba? Hol' the skreeonk up mate, if that lil Goomba hits Mario at all, NOT BITE HIM, ATTACK HIM, OR LOOK AT HIM, just WALKS INTO HIM? Mario dies.
How are all characters in fiction not beyond bullshit? Hell even Godzilla is not free of inconsistencies.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think the point is that video game characters can suffer some rather more extreme inconsistencies and violations of the laws of physics that makes them incompatible with the laws applying to other kinds of characters.

Maranatha!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Certain characters are exempt if they appear in other media like comics and books, where there's much more consistency.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If you're gonna ban Video Game characters for whatever inconsistencies afflicted them in their medium of origin, might a well ban comic book characters as well just for being still images.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:If you're gonna ban Video Game characters for whatever inconsistencies afflicted them in their medium of origin, might a well ban comic book characters as well just for being still images.
That's......not why though?

it's because gameplay/story seperation means we can't actually tell how strong a video game character is. We're not banning them because they're made of bits or whatever.

RIP Evan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

So I've come up with a pretty bonkers idea for a match

It involves replacing the entire rebel fleet at endor with various Space Kaiju. However I'm unsure of who to include

So far I've been thinking about

Grand King Ghidorah, MOGUERA 2, Space-Godzilla, Showa Gigan, and maybe Armor Mothra

How does it sound?

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Can we use Utsuno Ikusagami here? Or is his durability too much of an unknown to properly debate with him?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Can we use Utsuno Ikusagami here? Or is his durability too much of an unknown to properly debate with him?
Utsuno has been used in various matches before, especially in the tournament scene. He's allowed, he just needs a bio linked to him like all the other fighters do.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

So, uh, is Shrek viable for FMs? He doesn't use toon force, and while his films can certainly be comedic, they can get serious when they need to, and there's never really any moments that can be considered toon-force.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kiryu2012 wrote:So, uh, is Shrek viable for FMs? He doesn't use toon force, and while his films can certainly be comedic, they can get serious when they need to, and there's never really any moments that can be considered toon-force.
If you need to ask "is such and such viable" the usual answer is a big fat no.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thought I’d bring this back.
For Emperor and Empire!