#GodzillaForGeorge

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
UltramanGoji

#GodzillaForGeorge

Post by UltramanGoji »

Hopefully this is okay to post as it’s own thread to maybe get more traction.

A terminally ill fan is hoping to see KOTM before he passes away in May. A local theater has agreed to screen the film for him should this campaign reach the studio.

Hoping I can post this here so folks like Chris can try and pass it along to parties who can help.

https://cosmicbook.news/dying-fan-wish- ... g-monsters

I’ve also tweeted at Legendary, Michael Dougherty and O’Shea Jackson Jr. Hope they can see it and help out as well.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: #GodzillaForGeorge

Post by gottatalktothefake »

As much as I hate Cosmicbooknews, this is a really cool thing that they are doing to try to help this guy. I'll do my part.

I really hope George can get that screening, poor guy.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It’s not like people haven’t seen the film in some capacity, we know that there have been preview screenings, and that this wouldn’t be a short time before the official release anyways, so I’m all for this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Shared to some people I know that can hopefully pass it on to some names. I really hope we can make this happen.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gottatalktothefake wrote:As much as I hate Cosmicbooknews, this is a really cool thing that they are doing to try to help this guy. I'll do my part.

I really hope George can get that screening, poor guy.
If it’s any help, this is a local man and I first heard about it a few hours before the news broke thanks to a relative of mine who works at the Buffalo News. So I know it’s not just clickbait.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

I would send this to Chris55 as well, he has the best connections to people at Legendary/Warner, and O’Shea especially since they recently worked together.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

I have a cousin that has a sizeable following on Instagram, I'll send this to her. Her account is about Japanese pop culture so hopefully some of her followers will spread the message.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:I would send this to Chris55 as well, he has the best connections to people at Legendary/Warner, and O’Shea especially since they recently worked together.
I’ve tweeted at the TK Twitter (who retweeted it) which I think is run by Chris and also at O’Shea’s twitter account. Hope they can get the word out.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:I would send this to Chris55 as well, he has the best connections to people at Legendary/Warner, and O’Shea especially since they recently worked together.
Notified em!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Chris55 wrote:
Notified em!
Whoohoo! Yeah, this story is spreading like wildfire across the Facebook groups as well, I’m confident the necessary people will hear about this for sure.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I still remember the fuzz that came with this exact situation with Infinity War, and how some people had the sheer balls to complain that it was bad to do so because of spoilers.

Definitely not fond memories.

Anyways, I really hope the dude manages to do it. I've always had the opinion that if you know you're going to die, you should fill your last months/days of living making happy memories, not only for you but for your friends and family as well. Spending your last moments in misery sounds tbh incredibly awful, not something I want for me to happen.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

I'm being told that WB is now in touch and is working to see what they can do! :)
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Chris55 wrote:I'm being told that WB is now in touch and is working to see what they can do! :)
Thanks for spreading this, Chris.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Chris55 wrote:I'm being told that WB is now in touch and is working to see what they can do! :)
Bless your soul.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fantastic news. I'm glad to hear George may get his wish after all. Thanks a million, Chris. :)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

You done good Chris

You done good

Commander_HooHa
Ronin

Post by Commander_HooHa »

You guys are awesome. Wish i could of helped but you guys got this handled.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Already spread this on other sites. Hopefully others follow suit.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Just heard about it. I'll join in on spreading it even more, thanks Chris.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Damn, I hate hearing about stuff like this.

I hope George gets to see this movie and I hope it brings him a lot of joy.

UltramanGoji, thank you for bringing this to the community's attention. And Chris, thanks for helping to make the studio aware.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.