Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Re: Official News topic

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

How worried should I be if two lunch nukes at each other? Because I know nothing about this, just that two countries hates each guts.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:How worried should I be if two lunch nukes at each other? Because I know nothing about this, just that two countries hates each guts.
We could face nuclear escalation by proxy or collateral damage. Of course, even if that doesn't happen, we still have to face heightened falout and radiation levels being spread into the atmosphere
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Without coming off as an alarmist, I think a lot of this speaks to the core values of some of the early Godzilla films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I highly doubt both sides will use nukes, but even so, the thought of conventional warfare alone is enough to make the world nervous.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Without coming off as an alarmist, I think a lot of this speaks to the core values of some of the early Godzilla films.
A crashed aircraft can bring down a titan...?
Greed is not worth bringing two dangerous titans together...?
We need trust between nations despite past misdeeds against each-other...?

...Okay, yes, actually, I started this as a joke, but those kind of fit perfectly, too.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:How worried should I be if two lunch nukes at each other? Because I know nothing about this, just that two countries hates each guts.
Don't worry yourself to death about it - that helps nothing, and most likely the crisis will be resolved peacefully as they have in the past (see the 1999 Kargil War, the 2001-2002 crisis, and the aftermath of the Mumbai attacks in 2008); but should they actually go to full-fledged nuclear war things would be pretty bad. This study, assuming a nuclear war on the Indian subcontinent resulting in the detonation of 100 15-kiloton nuclear weapons (each roughly on par with the Hiroshima bomb) predicts at least 20 million dead in both India and Pakistan as a direct result of the exchange, the destruction of a significant portion of the ozone layer, and a "mild" nuclear winter resulting in global cooling and famine that kills many more. While we in the west wouldn't have to worry about fallout or anything like that, our economies and agriculture would suffer greatly.

In good news, in an effort to deescalate the crisis Pakistan has returned the Indian fighter pilot they captured after Tuesday's dogfight to his home country.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Without coming off as an alarmist, I think a lot of this speaks to the core values of some of the early Godzilla films.
I recall that back around 2010-2012, back when everyone was under the impression that the Legendary Godzilla was going to be grimdark and completely serious, that there were a sizable amount of people who argued that the "original meaning" of Godzilla as an allegory for the horrors of nuclear war was irrelevant in the modern, post-Cold War world and needed to be changed, as in their minds the risk of nuclear war had gone down so substantially since the fall of the USSR that it wasn't even worth worrying about. It's distressing that they were ultimately proven wrong, as the threat of nuclear war has indeed returned to the public consciousness, be it from the resurgence of a belligerent Russia and the resultant collapse of the Intermediate Nuclear Forces Treaty raising the possibility of a new nuclear arms race, North Korea developing city-killers and ICBMs capable of striking the whole of CONUS, to this most recent flare-up between India and Pakistan.

Speaking of North Korea, the US-DPRK summit in Hanoi ultimately collapsed yesterday after President Trump and Chairman Kim reached an impasse over the issue of lifting sanctions on North Korea.
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

G2000 wrote:
Don't worry yourself to death about it - that helps nothing, and most likely the crisis will be resolved peacefully as they have in the past (see the 1999 Kargil War, the 2001-2002 crisis, and the aftermath of the Mumbai attacks in 2008); but should they actually go to full-fledged nuclear war things would be pretty bad. This study, assuming a nuclear war on the Indian subcontinent resulting in the detonation of 100 15-kiloton nuclear weapons (each roughly on par with the Hiroshima bomb) predicts at least 20 million dead in both India and Pakistan as a direct result of the exchange, the destruction of a significant portion of the ozone layer, and a "mild" nuclear winter resulting in global cooling and famine that kills many more. While we in the west wouldn't have to worry about fallout or anything like that, our economies and agriculture would suffer greatly.

In good news, in an effort to deescalate the crisis Pakistan has returned the Indian fighter pilot they captured after Tuesday's dogfight to his home country.
[/url]
Eerr, none of that information has eased my worry. In fact, I feel a bit worse about now knowing how bad it would be, if nuclear war dose happen between the two.

At the same time, I do feel a bit better now, knowing that cooler heads are prevailing.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

G2000 wrote:

And he came back to a heroes welcome as well. I'm just happy that this ended peacefully.

This one was a close call. Two blood rivals armed with atomic weapons almost coming to outright war...not exactly a happy thought. Still, all's well that ends well.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/09/asia/j ... cnn.com%2F

“Marine creature”?
In Japan? Hmmmmmmmmm........
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

“Marine creature”?
Now being reported as a whale

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G2000 wrote:

“Marine creature”?
That’s what they said in the beginning of Shin Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

G2000 wrote:

“Marine creature”?
A whale/gorilla perhaps?

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
G2000 wrote:

“Marine creature”?
That’s what they said in the beginning of Shin Gojira
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Amazon removes books saying autistic children can be treated with bleach.

https://news.sky.com/story/amazon-remov ... h-11664168

Took them long enough to do something about this bull crap. Every time I see some Chuggloard saying that autism can be cured, I get so pissed off i have a really stiff drink to calm down.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

“Marine creature”?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Multiple fatalities after shooting attack on mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand

Evidently multiple shooters, IEDs involved, at least one live-streamed the whole thing

Death toll pushing 30
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Apparently over 40, now. Man. And New Zealand is such a peaceful country that their police often don't need to carry guns, so this must be all the more shocking and hard for them. At least their prime minister is openly calling this exactly what it is: terrorism.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I just saw this on the news this morning. The fucker livestreamed himself doing this. It's been taken down, but some really sick fucks keep putting it back up. Fucking disgusting.

The BBC is saying that the number of people lost in this, is up to 49. Absolutely awful what has happened here, my deepest condolences to the people of New Zealand.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Last edited by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple