Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by MandaSaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:For starters, there is no such species as "Brontosaurus" - that is a "Flintstones" term.
Wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brontosaurus
You should have read further, incl. the link to Apatosaurus. There IS debate among paleontologists as to whether they are separate species or not...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I mean, there's still more evidence to support Brontosaurus being a separate species than it being a "Flintstones" term. :lol:

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

...And the fact that CollectA was so quick to pick up on these findings is commendable for an educational company. Even this year they're doing a figure of Borealopelta, the extraordinary armored dino mummy discovered only a year or two ago.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

I hope that tail isn't as short as it appears to be in these pictures

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Hey, anyone here ever had Everything Dinosaur ship to Stateside? I was wondering what to expect...

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

So besides the Indominus was there anything else? Like the 1/12 figures that we saw awhile back?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

There was a Super Collosal Blue Velociraptor and some repaints of previous dinos. No news on Amarga or anything else.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

MandaSaurus wrote:Hey, anyone here ever had Everything Dinosaur ship to Stateside? I was wondering what to expect...
Yes, a few times. My orders have come securely packaged, and often arrive in roughly a week, even on standard shipping. They also like to include custom fact sheets for the figures. I definitely recommend them.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Rody wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Hey, anyone here ever had Everything Dinosaur ship to Stateside? I was wondering what to expect...
Yes, a few times. My orders have come securely packaged, and often arrive in roughly a week, even on standard shipping. They also like to include custom fact sheets for the figures. I definitely recommend them.
How much is standard shipping usually? I have my Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on pre-order with them...

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Hmmm....
Looking at my last few orders - which were for larger figures, one or more at a time - shipping ranged between 11-14 pounds, so right now that's like $14-18. It's not the greatest price, maybe, but the lower item costs balance it out better.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The JW Brachiosaurus has been revealed! Mattel pulled a sneaky, and waited until the closing hours of Toy Fair to show it to us. 28 inches tall, 36 inches long, head-to-tail. Pics are up at Collect Jurassic and other sites. SRP $49.99 US. :D

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

For that price, this looks perfect.
I recommend everyone pay close attention to the Target website to preorder this guy pronto.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Rody wrote:Image
For that price, this looks perfect.
I recommend everyone pay close attention to the Target website to preorder this guy pronto.
I don't think the Brachio is scheduled for release until Fall...

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I'd love it if they did some kind of set with the original 7 JP species, I don't care if they were in scale or not they'd just look good on a shelf.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

*CRACK*

It's a high fly ball over center field, and the outfielders aren't even trying for it, folks! They know as well as we do- YES! Over the wall and clean out of the stadium, ladies and gentlemen, this season is over! With a walk-off Grand Slam for the history books, Mattel has officially won the World Series!

Man, that thing is beautiful. 28 inches... I'll have to measure, but I think it should just fit on top of my shelves. And if it doesn't, I'll get it anyway and figure something out.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Just got my Albertosaurus from Wal-Mart. I had it stashed for a while. Good thing - the Alberto's packaging does not weather the shelf well. Any of these that shelf-sit for a while endure a LOT of creases and crushes. $19.87+tax seems fair for a predator of this size...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Is the Suchomimus even in stores right now? Haven't seen one in months. Definitely going to buy it when I do.

Also, I just ordered a BOTM Saurornithilestes from BBTS. Hopefully it looks as good in-hand as in the pictures.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

JAGzilla wrote:Is the Suchomimus even in stores right now? Haven't seen one in months. Definitely going to buy it when I do.
If you mean the new one, I haven't seen it (or any of the other "Dual Attack" figures aside from the T-Rex) anywhere near me. However, I have seen the original Suchomimus freaking everywhere. I still recall nabbing the first one I saw in stores lest I never see it again because it was never in stock near me, but now they are all over.

Hell, if anyone is looking for the original and is willing to pay me the store price plus shipping, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly pick up the next one I see for you. Anything to keep folks from having to turn to the sort of scalpers that made Spinosaurus impossible for me to get.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Thanks, but no need :huge: ! I finally found two of the original Suchomimus at Target just now. There's a big priority checked off my list. Very nice figure. There's a little blue smeared on the teeth, but not to a deal-breaking extent.

No NECA G62s in yet, though...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Saw an unboxing video on YT for the upcoming Dual Attack Pteranodon - which is currently popping up in Australia, I hear. Of particular note, was the back of it's box. The Concavenator and green Triceratops were shown, but the Parasaurolophus was not. When the Pteranodons start showing up, the Paras will start to disappear. I picked a Parasaur up yesterday. I don't believe in waiting til the last minute...