World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 am

LegendZilla wrote:Here’s a idea : I know it’s not exactly a who, but rather a what. What if a Godzilla film, or heck any Kaiju fiction in general starts to take note from contemporary zombie fiction? By that I mean repeated waves of Kaiju attacks will effect society the same way the media always depicts the zombie apocalypse doing so, by having civilization begin to crumble and people by the masses turn against their fellow man, becoming increasingly factionalized and letting go of their humanity in order to survive.

I’d say I nailed it.

That's pretty much the Godzilla anime we got. Even down to factions and letting go of humanity.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5520
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Here’s a idea : I know it’s not exactly a who, but rather a what. What if a Godzilla film, or heck any Kaiju fiction in general starts to take note from contemporary zombie fiction? By that I mean repeated waves of Kaiju attacks will effect society the same way the media always depicts the zombie apocalypse doing so, by having civilization begin to crumble and people by the masses turn against their fellow man, becoming increasingly factionalized and letting go of their humanity in order to survive.

I’d say I nailed it.

That's pretty much the Godzilla anime we got. Even down to factions and letting go of humanity.


It won’t be a bad idea in a properly executed Godzilla film.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 pm

lol it’s not original in the slightest, what’s with every idea you have being a trope?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5520
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 pm

Any ideas for original creatures?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5104
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm

A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.


All giant and kaijuifed.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice. SaveTheAmazon. "What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash?... I'll tell you what you get... YOU GET WHAT YOU F**ING DESERVE!"- Joker 2k19

User avatar
SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 am

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby SonOfGorgo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:23 am

_JNavs_ wrote:A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.


All giant and kaijuifed.

Kamacuras is a mantis, right?

And personally, I'd prefer more creatively designed creatures rather than just oversized versions of real animals.
Image
Image
Still the best... 8-)

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5104
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 am

SonOfGorgo wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:A Sabertooth Lion.

A Gulper fish.

A whale.

An Eel.

A praying Mantis.


All giant and kaijuifed.

Kamacuras is a mantis, right?

And personally, I'd prefer more creatively designed creatures rather than just oversized versions of real animals.

Yeah, I'm thinking kaijuified, so like incorporate something within their element into their design.

An electric eel similar to Manda in fighting. Just with electrical burns.

A whale that's blubber is made of stone

A giant gulper fish is kinda scary in its own right.

A sabertooth lion would be an absolute beast in an African climate.


I always preferred my stuff closer to realism and less to fantasy. All of Gojis kaiju qualify for me.
Unless you mean creative like how Ultraman Red and blue or whatever their on now, have a bunch of power ranger villains as kaiju.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice. SaveTheAmazon. "What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash?... I'll tell you what you get... YOU GET WHAT YOU F**ING DESERVE!"- Joker 2k19

User avatar
SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 am

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby SonOfGorgo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:07 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking kaijuified, so like incorporate something within their element into their design.

An electric eel similar to Manda in fighting. Just with electrical burns.

A whale that's blubber is made of stone

A giant gulper fish is kinda scary in its own right.

A sabertooth lion would be an absolute beast in an African climate.


I always preferred my stuff closer to realism and less to fantasy. All of Gojis kaiju qualify for me.
Unless you mean creative like how Ultraman Red and blue or whatever their on now, have a bunch of power ranger villains as kaiju.

Maybe, but to be fair, giant beasts aren't exactly "realistic" anyway.
I was thinking more something like a hybrid or super-evolved, you know.
Image
Image
Still the best... 8-)

User avatar
kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 am
Location: scotland
Contact:

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:20 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:A praying Mantis.


So a new version of Kamacuras?

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Make the kaiju memorable and imaginative...... but only go as far as the story demands.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5104
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:24 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:A praying Mantis.


So a new version of Kamacuras?

Basically yeah lol, but closer to the tall green appearance of general Praying mantises
Image
Sith Apprentice. SaveTheAmazon. "What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash?... I'll tell you what you get... YOU GET WHAT YOU F**ING DESERVE!"- Joker 2k19

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6785
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:21 am

I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:59 pm

JAGzilla wrote:I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.

It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby Godzillian » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:11 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:I'd be down for a return by Kamacuras. I'd love to see a swarm like in Cerasini's Godzilla 2000, thousands of mantises of varying size rampaging through a city and just eating and ransacking everything in their path. That'd be a great major threat that prompts Godzilla to team up with other kaiju, maybe including some non-traditional 'allies' out of necessity.

It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5104
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:21 pm

I'd love to see something similar to how spiders are born, where they all run about from an egg, just imagine that in the middle of the city, but instead of giant spiders pouring out, it's like a good amount of giant Kamacuras's
Image
Sith Apprentice. SaveTheAmazon. "What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash?... I'll tell you what you get... YOU GET WHAT YOU F**ING DESERVE!"- Joker 2k19

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6785
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:03 pm

JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

Ah, that's fair. It'll be like Earth Defense Force :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Godzillian
Kwaidan
Posts: 5788
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby Godzillian » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:40 pm

JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It's a cool idea, but in this day and age there's no doubt Godzilla would eventually destroy them all by himself. I mean, it's Kamacuras.

I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

way to many in that situation. Just keep it to a limited number and have one grow to a major threat
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5104
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:12 pm

I could see it going the outbreak route, taking over an entire city, with these Xenomorph sized Kamacuras's, the entire city is just this big horror infested apocalyptic city, where if someone tries to run from their hiding spot, they'd get snatched up like something from the mist and get dragged up the side of a building just to get devoured head first. I could picture like an orange tinge to the city, kinda like in the 2014 film.

Then have maybe 2 or 3 grow to Godzillas size or a bit smaller, and we find out it's because they spent their time eating humans near a radioactive power plant of some sort.
Image
Sith Apprentice. SaveTheAmazon. "What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash?... I'll tell you what you get... YOU GET WHAT YOU F**ING DESERVE!"- Joker 2k19

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6785
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Postby JAGzilla » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Godzillian wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:I think with the proper execution Kamacuras could be worked into a major threat for Godzilla


Sure, I mean the largest and most powerful ones could be almost as dangerous as MUTOs, being physically similar. If there were, say, a dozen or more with that kind of power, plus dozens of more Showa style Kamacuras and thousands of little Meganula-level ones, they could be totally overwhelming for any individual kaiju.

way to many in that situation. Just keep it to a limited number and have one grow to a major threat


Well, like I said, the point is that multiple kaiju would have to join forces to overcome the swarm. It's supposed to be over the top.


Return to “Reiwa Era (2015-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests