Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Rhedosaurus
Interpol Agent

Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Are the projectiles Mechagodzilla fires unguided rockets or are they guided missiles? If they are guided missiles, then what is the guidance system? Heat seeking, radar guided, IR homing, or a mix of any of the two or all 3?

_JNavs_
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Doubt they're guided, I think it's just an aim and fire method.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sith Apprentice.

Rhedosaurus
Interpol Agent

Re: Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

Postby Rhedosaurus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:Doubt they're guided, I think it's just an aim and fire method.

So basically, giant rockets. Interesting. I thought that they were rockets since I saw no such form of guidance system on the top of their actual weapon.

_JNavs_
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

So basically, giant rockets. Interesting. I thought that they were rockets since I saw no such form of guidance system on the top of their actual weapon.

Yeah, I don't recall if they were heat seeking in Ready Player One, but the only missile targeting MechaGoji I know of is Kiryu. OG MechaG was just giant rockets.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sith Apprentice.

Rhedosaurus
Interpol Agent

Postby Rhedosaurus » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:23 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yeah, I don't recall if they were heat seeking in Ready Player One, but the only missile targeting MechaGoji I know of is Kiryu. OG MechaG was just giant rockets.

And even then Kiryu had conventional rockets via the multi rocket launchers on his shoulders. Not that they worked against Godzilla very well...

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby edgaguirus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:40 pm

MG's rockets didn't seem to be guided in any way. Some hit Godzilla, but others hit all around him.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Postby Arbok » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:47 am

They would appear to be unguided, or at least I haven't seen a hint that they were guided missiles... save for the toe missiles that note "homing". You can see a translation of this cutaway for example:

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/analy ... _1974.html
Last edited by Arbok on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:34 am

I guess if you can generate missiles inside yourself, you don't need to worry about accuracy.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby edgaguirus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:10 pm

It appears MG has an unlimited supply of missiles, so sheer firepower, and not accuracy, would be enough to overwhelm a foe.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

Return to “Showa Series (1930's-1970's)”