General Transformers Discussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: General Transformers Discussion

Post by SonOfGorgo »

This may be going off-topic, but it is Transformers-related, so might as well.

I finally managed to complete my marathon of Transformers Go, and Car Robots (the original Japanese sub version of RiD2001), and honestly I think the latter isn't half-bad. And that may say something.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:What I'd like to know is what took Paramount so long to say that this movie was a total redo and Bayformers is dead. Saying that would have made this movie far more successful and would have made it easier to justify this sequel.
Maybe because it was run by a bunch of idiots like how Sony is?

My only explanation.
At least Sony has got enough of their crap together. Giving us a proper GB3 movie is proof of that. Paramount is somewhere between $12-$15 billion in debt and have very few properties that aren't stale. That and Paramount has been incompetent for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Here's a very interesting article about how badly mismanaged Paramount has been over the years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/busi ... tures.html

Not only that, but according to this chart, their parent company, Viacom, lost 80% of their value in the past 5 years.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Rhedosaurus wrote:At least Sony has got enough of their crap together. Giving us a proper GB3 movie is proof of that.
Tell that to Venom (Especially making it PG-13, cashing in on the MCU's humor rather then being its own thing and Venom's only reason wanting to stay with "I'm starting to like you") and Slender Man. Also Ghost Busters as with other classics you're better off watching the old movies and no more you can do with them.

Only movies they can manage to pull off are original films like The Shallows and Only the Brave whom I enjoyed.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Venom was great. Had humor that actually landed. Was borderline R with multiple decapitations. Every time Venom came out he took a head with him.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

_JNavs_ wrote:Venom was great. Had humor that actually landed. Was borderline R with multiple decapitations. Every time Venom came out he took a head with him.
I disagree but I respect your opinion.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Breakdown wrote:I liked Hugo Weaving as Megatron, though nobody can beat Frank Welker as the role. If they ever include Ultra Magnus, I really hope they have Michael Ironside reprise his role from Transformers Prime. To me he's the ideal voice for Magnus and it commands such authority when he speaks. That or Peter Jessup who voiced Paladin Danse in Fallout 4.
My thoughts exactly. Michael Ironside's voice for Magnus is perfect. Very strict and militaristic. He sounds very much like a serious, by-the-book captain. Would love to see him return.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I know he's super old now but I always thought Peter Weller doing his Robocop voice would be perfect for Magnus.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KillCrites wrote:I know he's super old now but I always thought Peter Weller doing his Robocop voice would be perfect for Magnus.
He did Batman's voice for the Dark Knight Returns a couple years ago, so I'm sure he can still do voice acting.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:At least Sony has got enough of their crap together. Giving us a proper GB3 movie is proof of that.
Tell that to Venom (Especially making it PG-13, cashing in on the MCU's humor rather then being its own thing and Venom's only reason wanting to stay with "I'm starting to like you") and Slender Man. Also Ghost Busters as with other classics you're better off watching the old movies and no more you can do with them.

Only movies they can manage to pull off are original films like The Shallows and Only the Brave whom I enjoyed.
Not saying I disagree with you. I'm just saying that Paramount is in FAR more trouble then Sony is. At least Sony Pictures can be saved via profit sharing with the mother company, which is quite profitable. Paramount can't even do that, not with Viacom being in $1 billion in debt itself.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Does anyone here actually collect Transformers?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Grievous wrote:Does anyone here actually collect Transformers?

I'm always tempted to buy some. I've still got all of my old Beast Wars toys. And I did recently buy TFA Soundwave. He chills on my desk.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I've still got all of my old Beast Wars toys. And I did recently buy TFA Soundwave. He chills on my desk.
Beast Wars was a great time for Transformer Evolution...
& Animated Soundwave is a great figure. Which version
did you get?

Or

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I used to collect Animated figures (And the odd Classics/Universe and Movie one when I found it in stores) when he show was airing, but sold pretty much all of them around 6 years ago or so. They were, and still are, awesome toys. Though I doubt I'd ever buy them, I'd love to see some third party companies take on those Animated designs with today's engineering.

THAT SAID, I have recently started buying a few of the new Siege figures (I've sort of been back into the franchise this past year or so). I don't intend to go too crazy, mainly only get "main" Decepticons and a few Autobots, or ones that look REALLY cool. But for now I have Siege Optimus, Megatron and Shockwave. Plus Universe Cyclonus (Pretty much the only figure from my childhood I kept), Titans Return Scourge, Bumblebee (a little Scout class one) and Cosmos. I also got a Studio Series VW Bumblebee and Dropkick (Who I'm thinking of getting rid of TBH).
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

MaxRebo320 wrote: I used to collect Animated figures (And the odd Classics/Universe and Movie one when I found it in stores) when he show was airing, but sold pretty much all of them around 6 years ago or so. They were, and still are, awesome toys. Though I doubt I'd ever buy them, I'd love to see some third party companies take on those Animated designs with today's engineering.

THAT SAID, I have recently started buying a few of the new Siege figures (I've sort of been back into the franchise this past year or so). I don't intend to go too crazy, mainly only get "main" Decepticons and a few Autobots, or ones that look REALLY cool. But for now I have Siege Optimus, Megatron and Shockwave. Plus Universe Cyclonus (Pretty much the only figure from my childhood I kept), Titans Return Scourge, Bumblebee (a little Scout class one) and Cosmos. I also got a Studio Series VW Bumblebee and Dropkick (Who I'm thinking of getting rid of TBH).
Nice.

Animated did have some great toys in its line...and I have a few in my collection.

I would buy some of the Siege line...but they still haven't been released in my
neck of the woods. Its just all Bumblebee & Studio Series movie toys with the
last dregs of the Power of the Primes line hanging around.

:?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Used to collect Classics wildly, stopped about a year ago, got back on collecting only Animated recently before I stopped because it was becoming boring.

Transformers are too repetitive these days and the characters that are getting brand new figures are the most nobody characters that I can't justify spending $20+ on them. If Siege came around back when I first sold off all my Classics figures, I'd be going all-in on it. But right now I'm bored to tears of Transformers.

Toyed around with the idea of collecting Studio Series after getting Leader Grimlock for Xmas, picked up Blackout to try him out and he was horrible. So unfortunately, my time with TFs is effectively over.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Grievous wrote: Animated Soundwave is a great figure. Which version
did you get?

The version with Laserbeak is the one I got. I'm a guitarist and Laserbeak is my favorite of Soundwave's minions. I love the figure.

I still need to get some good Optimus Prime and Starscream figures. But Transformers can be pretty pricey and I tend to spend my money primarily on other interests.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I plan on collecting CHUG stuff and third party Legends/Legends+ scale stuff soon now that I have some money.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Only the Studio Series line, Figured if they're going to be a thing of the past, I'd like to have something to remember them by considering I grew up with them.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

UltramanGoji wrote:Used to collect Classics wildly, stopped about a year ago, got back on collecting only Animated recently before I stopped because it was becoming boring.

Transformers are too repetitive these days and the characters that are getting brand new figures are the most nobody characters that I can't justify spending $20+ on them. If Siege came around back when I first sold off all my Classics figures, I'd be going all-in on it. But right now I'm bored to tears of Transformers.

Toyed around with the idea of collecting Studio Series after getting Leader Grimlock for Xmas, picked up Blackout to try him out and he was horrible. So unfortunately, my time with TFs is effectively over.
That's a fair call.

I actually sold a fairly large portion of my collection recently.
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The version with Laserbeak is the one I got. I'm a guitarist and Laserbeak is my favorite of Soundwave's minions. I love the figure.
Nice.
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I still need to get some good Optimus Prime and Starscream figures. But Transformers can be pretty pricey and I tend to spend my money primarily on other interests.
That's a fair call...although you may get lucky one day &
find a Optimus or Screamer on sale.

Both have plenty of figures out there.

:thumbsup:
KillCrites wrote:I plan on collecting CHUG stuff and third party Legends/Legends+ scale stuff soon now that I have some money.
Sweet. The Legends scale figures are the best in my opinion
although I remember when they were called "Scout" Class.
_JNavs_ wrote:Only the Studio Series line, Figured if they're going to be a thing of the past, I'd like to have something to remember them by considering I grew up with them.
I still haven't picked up any bots from the Studio Series...
mainly because I picked up my fill of the movie bots
during the ROTF & DOTM lines.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Grievous wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Only the Studio Series line, Figured if they're going to be a thing of the past, I'd like to have something to remember them by considering I grew up with them.
I still haven't picked up any bots from the Studio Series...
mainly because I picked up my fill of the movie bots
during the ROTF & DOTM lines.

I definitely recommend em, great quality, I stopped collecting after DOTM due to a severe drop in quality. But this seems to be their Collectors line. I've done some custom work to bring out all the small details, but the sculpt is definitely there.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.