Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Are the projectiles Mechagodzilla fires unguided rockets or are they guided missiles? If they are guided missiles, then what is the guidance system? Heat seeking, radar guided, IR homing, or a mix of any of the two or all 3?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

Post by _JNavs_ »

Doubt they're guided, I think it's just an aim and fire method.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Mechagodzilla's finger, toe, and neck projectiles. Unguided rockets or guided missiles?

Post by Rhedosaurus »

_JNavs_ wrote:Doubt they're guided, I think it's just an aim and fire method.
So basically, giant rockets. Interesting. I thought that they were rockets since I saw no such form of guidance system on the top of their actual weapon.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
So basically, giant rockets. Interesting. I thought that they were rockets since I saw no such form of guidance system on the top of their actual weapon.
Yeah, I don't recall if they were heat seeking in Ready Player One, but the only missile targeting MechaGoji I know of is Kiryu. OG MechaG was just giant rockets.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Yeah, I don't recall if they were heat seeking in Ready Player One, but the only missile targeting MechaGoji I know of is Kiryu. OG MechaG was just giant rockets.
And even then Kiryu had conventional rockets via the multi rocket launchers on his shoulders. Not that they worked against Godzilla very well...

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

MG's rockets didn't seem to be guided in any way. Some hit Godzilla, but others hit all around him.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

They would appear to be unguided, or at least I haven't seen a hint that they were guided missiles... save for the toe missiles that note "homing". You can see a translation of this cutaway for example:

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/analy ... _1974.html
Last edited by Arbok on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I guess if you can generate missiles inside yourself, you don't need to worry about accuracy.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It appears MG has an unlimited supply of missiles, so sheer firepower, and not accuracy, would be enough to overwhelm a foe.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.