Godzilla 1994 graphic novel

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla 1994 graphic novel

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
daveblackeye15 wrote:Hm I tried going to their site and it seems to be down. Hopefully they are just getting the stuff up and Toho didn't get angry at them or something.
Assuming that this is the right URL (and it looks right to me), http://americankaiju.kaijuphile.com/ame ... odzilla94/, it seems to be working fine for me at least.
Well I googled Kaijphile and Godzilla 94 and the first few links did not work. Thanks for one that works.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Kinda wish they would release it all at once, I'd love to just settle down and dig in. Then again, a few days ago I'd completely forgotten this existed so, first world problems I guess.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
mikelcho wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Original Poster. :D
Gee, thanks!
Ah. Only just now am I sensing that you might be being sarcastic... but you’re welcome anyways.
No sarcasm was intended-just being polite here.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah this two week wait will be tough so I kinda hope I forget about this for a while.

Sauron
Ronin

Post by Sauron »

Hi all,

Todd has decided to reduce the wait between releases to one week instead of two, with new pages dropping every Thursday. The next 10 pages are now up, enjoy!
Dark Lord and Webmaster of Kaijuphile

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh sweet! Yeah a week is a lot better I'd say.

Sauron
Ronin

Post by Sauron »

I just uploaded the next 10 pages to the Godzilla 94 graphic novel! Enjoy!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yep read it a while ago. Yeah this is already looking more enjoyable than 98 Godzilla. I am a little mixed on seeing him breathe fire so early. I guess the way they held off the breathe attack for so long until the perfect moment in Godzilla 2014 spoiled me. I was trying to figure out who the asshole was among the cast of characters and I saw Pyle was like 'oh yeah that's right. That's him.'
Yeah one week between the wait is way better than two I say.

Sauron
Ronin

Post by Sauron »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Yep read it a while ago. Yeah this is already looking more enjoyable than 98 Godzilla. I am a little mixed on seeing him breathe fire so early. I guess the way they held off the breathe attack for so long until the perfect moment in Godzilla 2014 spoiled me. I was trying to figure out who the asshole was among the cast of characters and I saw Pyle was like 'oh yeah that's right. That's him.'
Yeah one week between the wait is way better than two I say.
Thanks for the feedback!

I know what you mean about the beam, but I'm torn. I like the way Godzilla 2014 held it until the end, but at the same time it reminded me of Voltron from back in the day... They would always wait to form into Voltron until things got completely out of control and I would always wonder "Why didn't they just do that at the beginning of the fight?", lol.

I'm going to alert Todd about this topic so that he can swing by and chat if he gets a chance. He's always loves getting feedback about his projects!

8-)

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh god forgot it was Thursday! Distracted by a cold, the new trailer and finally opening the Spider-Man PS4 game. That blur effect on page 35 makes the guards look like they have super speed. I read a lot of comic books so that's my knee jerk reaction. Hm don't think Ghidorah ever caused a plague of frogs with his arrival.

Added in 14 days 21 hours 16 minutes 50 seconds:
Oh yeah it is Friday! It feels like the pieces are coming together. We got our cast forming. I found it hard to believe no one died when Godzilla woke up with the married scientists on top of him. Still one surviving is a bit better I mean they sure were flung far.

Added in 14 days 8 hours 39 minutes 38 seconds:
Oh yeah! Newest update had some monster action! Got our second atomic breathe.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I flipped through it, Godzilla eating trees...interesting.
It’s also clear seeing what may have wound up in the 1998 film, like the whole submarine thing.

I can’t really fault the artist, because I think it’s really more to show what they did and most likely are doing it for free, but a lot of the stills are really jarring and it’s apparent they just took stock images of animals and such or people and digitally manipulated them.

Looking forward to seeing the rest, it’s also funny how it’s not restricted in how balls to the wall crazy it is with introducing exterteristials immediately.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Damn the latest update had a creepy ass design. I wish I could have seen that on the big screen.

Here's kind of the problem if the Mutos and Godzilla switched attention: the enemy monster would have felt like an after thought. I mean so far the Gryphon is just going around doing monster stuff and the attention to Godzilla is good but I'm hoping the Gryphon gets to play a part soon or else it'll feel like Megagurius or something. Mind you I love the monster Megagurius but her role in GXM is very 'we need a monster to fight Godzilla!'

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

So...will this ever get an actual paper release I could order & add to my TPB/Graphic Novel collection?
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Grievous wrote:So...will this ever get an actual paper release I could order & add to my TPB/Graphic Novel collection?
Probably not due to so much red tape being around it. It's being released online since ever publisher the author went to had no interest in it or thought it would be to difficult to release

KKG'94
Young Farmer

Post by KKG'94 »

The next ten pages of the G'94 gn are now online.

http://americankaiju.kaijuphile.com/american-godzilla94

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Godzillian wrote:Probably not due to so much red tape being around it. It's being released online since ever publisher the author went to had no interest in it or thought it would be to difficult to release
Damn.

That makes me a sad panda.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

KKG'94
Young Farmer

Post by KKG'94 »

Godzillian wrote:
Grievous wrote:So...will this ever get an actual paper release I could order & add to my TPB/Graphic Novel collection?
Probably not due to so much red tape being around it. It's being released online since ever publisher the author went to had no interest in it or thought it would be to difficult to release
We had interested publishers, but they could not get the Toho/SONY licensing (Believe me...we tried our BEST!).
fyi: the next ten G'94 gn pages are now up....and the battle in NYC is definitley on:
http://americankaiju.kaijuphile.com/ame ... odzilla94/ [img] https://www.deviantart.com/10art94/art/ ... -787653812
Last edited by KKG'94 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know many of you feel that getting G’98 from Emmerich was a nessesary evil, but come on, would’ve you preferred if they got Godzilla right from the get go?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

KKG'94 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
We had interested publishers, but they could not get the Toho/SONY licensing (Believe me...we tried our BEST!).
fyi: the next ten G'94 gn pages are now up....and the battle in NYC is definitley on:
http://americankaiju.kaijuphile.com/ame ... odzilla94/ [img] https://www.deviantart.com/10art94/art/ ... -787653812
I'm assuming that means you won't be able to see a digital graphic novel then? Cause I would totally buy it. If you can't do that would you ever release a PDF of the whole comic?

KKG'94
Young Farmer

Post by KKG'94 »

Terry Rossio, Elden Ardiente and I all wish you could buy a full-blown, pro-printed, glossy-paged GODZILLA '94 graphic novel even more than you do. But, alas...it just wasn't meant to be. However, you can read it online here: http://americankaiju.kaijuphile.com/ame ... odzilla94/ fyi: we're almost to the conclusion of Ted and Terry's G'94 screenplay. Thanks so much to you for your support, and we'll appreciate it if you'd please spread the word to your friends:).

Added in 4 days 47 minutes 43 seconds:
Coming next Thursday...WE'RE GONNA FINISH IT ALL UP WITH ALL OFTHE FINAL 14 GODZILLA '94 GN PAGES! Don't miss it & tell your friends:)

http://americankaiju.kaijuphile.com/ame ... odzilla94/