The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:They're kids toys, kids aren't gonna pick them up and be like: "I say Rupert, these figures are not up to par with what's seen on screen" and not buy them lol.
"I concur, Reginald. I am quite disappointed to see that Jakks Pacific put such poor work into these toys!"
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I thought they changed the spines on the giant Godzilla?

This is the 2014 model. No? Look his feet.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

More looks at the JAKKS line from figures.com.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Large size Jakks sighted in the UK. Dunno if they were supposed to be out this early or not, but either way, the merch train has started!

Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

So Randy said a Neca Ghidorah is not impossible but there's just no plans at the moment. So at least they aren't entirely ruling him out in the future.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So Randy said a Neca Ghidorah is not impossible but there's just no plans at the moment. So at least they aren't entirely ruling him out in the future.
Isnt that how they approached Otachi? I remember them saying she was too big, but I mean, we got her eventually.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So Randy said a Neca Ghidorah is not impossible but there's just no plans at the moment. So at least they aren't entirely ruling him out in the future.
Really disappointing but I can live with it. I get that a KG would be too big for a store like Target but so many collector and comic books stores often sell really big statues and figures that would easily be the same scale as KG if not even bigger so I kinda wish they would make the KG figure for those stores even if that meant a smaller production run.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

deleted
Last edited by Godzillian on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

cloverfan98 wrote:
Really disappointing but I can live with it. I get that a KG would be too big for a store like Target but so many collector and comic books stores often sell really big statues and figures that would easily be the same scale as KG if not even bigger so I kinda wish they would make the KG figure for those stores even if that meant a smaller production run.
I doubt it's based on the packaging, if you make the wings something that has to be attached, which even SHMA will likely have to do, the box probably wouldn't be much bigger than say the 24" HTT Godzilla box.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzillian wrote:deleted
What could it be....this deleted post that I can see.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Really surprised there's been absolutely no announcement of a 4K G14 yet. Yet I'd be more interested if they ever contemplate an extended/director's cut again. Very curious as to what was cut. You think the novelization might hint at anything that was removed. Still can't fathom why they cut the HALO drop speech. It was such a huge part of the marketing campaign and I think it would have added some much needed tension to the final minutes of the film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:You think the novelization might hint at anything that was removed.
No, the novel was based off an earlier draft of the script that never made it to shooting.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

It kinda irks me the only way to actually get a decent Ghidorah is to get the MonsterArts. Who knows when or if Xplus will get to one.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

When are the sticker and coloring books for this movie coming out? Chris should hold a giveaway with them, I'm sure this forum will participate in it.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Any word on when we can preorder the art book?

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It kinda irks me the only way to actually get a decent Ghidorah is to get the MonsterArts. Who knows when or if Xplus will get to one.
Guarantee xplus makes one, but it could be forever and a day. We're finally getting Orga, 19 years later. Ha. Haha. Ha. Sigh.... But Ghidorah 2019 will likely be way too high in demand to not cater to collectors. I'd expect him in under a year after the movie releases. That's my gut feeling at least.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:When are the sticker and coloring books for this movie coming out? Chris should hold a giveaway with them, I'm sure this forum will participate in it.
What? Inferiority complex acting up again you gotta throw shiit to people here. There, there.....feel better?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

goji89 wrote:
What? Inferiority complex acting up again you gotta throw shiit to people here. There, there.....feel better?
Huh? It was a genuine question! Don't get assblasted with me like you do with Terasawa, it's bad for your blood pressure.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:When are the sticker and coloring books for this movie coming out? Chris should hold a giveaway with them, I'm sure this forum will participate in it.
I prefer crayons and neon pink markers myself.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Huh? It was a genuine question! Don't get assblasted with me like you do with Terasawa, it's bad for your blood pressure.
Sure.....coloring books and stickers for this group. Dont act like you dont know what you implied. Assblasted? Hardly, I just asked you a simple question and if you were feeling better....you dont get butthurt about it.