Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising Hub

Post by Breakdown »

I suggest we reboot and start with a clean slate.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

JAGzilla wrote:Maybe Monster Island could be included? That's something we haven't done yet, and could be fun to play with. Most of the world's kaiju crammed into one small environment (by choice), and trying to coexist without killing each other... often.
That would be pretty fun, if not solely for the sheer absurdity and laughs that could come from Kaiju constantly trying to murder one another.

Alright then! If we’re all onboard with a restart, then I’ll dig up the hub I’ve got saved and get it posted sometime this afternoon.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

I'm probably super late, but has my boy Super Mechagodzilla been taken already?
(I don't know if you can tell, but I'm a big fan of the dude). :lol:
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:I'm probably super late, but has my boy Super Mechagodzilla been taken already?
I believe he was in use at some point? I honestly don’t remember, mate, sorry :lol:. Though, we are in the process of kind of wiping the slate clean and starting over in a more Showa-esque time period, so SMG wouldn’t really be available there either :oops:.

But, you could always use other mechs or Kaiju! That’s the thing also, guys: Even though it will be in the Showa time period, you don’t strictly have to use just Showa Kaiju. You can create your own or use other monsters from different eras, and work them in somehow, within reason of course.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I call Anguirus and Battra! Got a tentative human character in mind, too.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Sounds good, I’ve gotta start tweaking and cooking up some human characters as well.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I call Anime MG and Kuronuma
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Alright, boys, the hub is up and ready to go! Let’s have some fun :).

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Godzilla165 wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:I'm probably super late, but has my boy Super Mechagodzilla been taken already?
I believe he was in use at some point? I honestly don’t remember, mate, sorry :lol:. Though, we are in the process of kind of wiping the slate clean and starting over in a more Showa-esque time period, so SMG wouldn’t really be available there either :oops:.

But, you could always use other mechs or Kaiju! That’s the thing also, guys: Even though it will be in the Showa time period, you don’t strictly have to use just Showa Kaiju. You can create your own or use other monsters from different eras, and work them in somehow, within reason of course.
I could maybe give him a similar origin to his story in Godzilla: Unleashed, where he's created based on studies of the previously established alien Mechagodzilla? Maybe that could work?
-Dr. Asimov

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Reboot? Where?

I've been honing my writings and coming back on a semi-regular basis, count me innnnn!

If you oblige, I call the same characters that I had before.

Munsters:
* Heisei Mechagodzilla
* Moguera
* GMK Ghidorah
* Super X II

Hoomans:
* Lt. Gondo
* Yasuaki
* Hiroshi
* Fukazawa

Maybe I'll add others supposing there's traction for the notion of a reboot.

Edit: Didn't see the posts above, now I'm the big sad. Looks as though I'll have to formulate something else.
Last edited by Missingno. on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Missingno. wrote:Reboot? Where?

I've been honing my writings and coming back on a semi-regular basis, count me innnnn!

Munsters:
* Heisei Mechagodzilla
* Moguera
* GMK Ghidorah
* Super X II

Hoomans:
* Lt. Gondo
* Yasuaki
* Hiroshi
* Fukazawa

Edit: Didn't see the posts above, now I'm the big sad. Looks as though I'll have to formulate something else.
Good to have you back, buddy :). You know, you could formulate some of your original characters to work in the Shows timeline that we're going with; JAG himself is even using Battra. Just so you don't have to start completely from scratch if you don't want to.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Godzilla165 wrote:Good to have you back, buddy :). You know, you could formulate some of your original characters to work in the Shows timeline that we're going with; JAG himself is even using Battra. Just so you don't have to start completely from scratch if you don't want to.
Well, that depends. Where exactly in the Showa timeline are we? Like, 50's, late 70's? You know how I am with keeping things grounded, even if there's giant monsters roaming the face of the planet.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Missingno. wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:Good to have you back, buddy :). You know, you could formulate some of your original characters to work in the Shows timeline that we're going with; JAG himself is even using Battra. Just so you don't have to start completely from scratch if you don't want to.
Well, that depends. Where exactly in the Showa timeline are we? Like, 50's, late 70's? You know how I am with keeping things grounded, even if there's giant monsters roaming the face of the planet.
Well, the OP says 1962, but that could just be for when this particular Godzilla came onto the scene. So, I’d say mid sixties is when our story will take place, like ‘65-66 or thereabouts.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Godzilla165 wrote:Well, the OP says 1962, but that could just be for when this particular Godzilla came onto the scene. So, I’d say mid sixties is when our story will take place, like ‘65-66 or thereabouts.
Oh, there I go again, not realizing that the new thread that you posted was literally where all of the discussion for the reboot was taking place. I'll start posting there now.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Missingno. wrote:Reboot? Where?

Munsters:
* Heisei Mechagodzilla
* Moguera
* GMK Ghidorah
* Super X II

Hoomans:
* Lt. Gondo
* Yasuaki
* Hiroshi
* Fukazawa

Wait, did you used to be Heisei Mechagodzilla pre-reboot?

(Edit): Also wanted to know, that if Heisei Mechagodzilla ends up being taken, maybe I'll take his Showa counterpart as a secondary?
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. Asimov