Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Zarm wrote:Are there any redeeming features? I was excited because we might have access to playing PS3 games, finally, and the intro cinematics for this one on youtube, at least, had me pumped. But I've heard nothing except how horrible it is...
PS3-wise? No, not at all. All the additional content (such as playing as other monsters) is only on the PS4 version. PS3 is a straight-up, Godzilla-only game. Not terrible but very repetitive and unfun on higher difficulties until you grind through and level up Godzilla.
Well, well well. Looks like we agree on something again. Im 100% with the repetitive missions. Yup.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

So this game has been sitting on my shelf for a year now and decided to dust it off the other day. It's good and fun for the first 30 minutes or so but gets repetitive real fast. I then played RDR2 and after 9 hours I still felt I hadn't made any dent in the game. It's that good.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:So this game has been sitting on my shelf for a year now and decided to dust it off the other day. It's good and fun for the first 30 minutes or so but gets repetitive real fast. I then played RDR2 and after 9 hours I still felt I hadn't made any dent in the game. It's that good.
100% this.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: I then played RDR2.
Its R2D2 G21....... :roll: Know your damn Star Trek.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What other objectives could’be they added to improve?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

They could've had an objective where you have to fly a kite.

Also, why the skreeonk wasn't Giant Dr. Serizawa in this game?????? If they added some goofy characters it would've been a lot funner.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

They could have made it so Super X and Super X II do NOT attack you at the same time? That would be a real pleasure.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

The controls are the BIGGEST issue with the game for me. It's an accurate simulation of how Godzilla acts in the films but it doesn't translate into good GAME PLAY. Really makes me appreciate the work that Pipeworks did to make all those kaiju fun to play in their games. Other than that I do find the presentation of this game to be AMAZING. The graphics and large monster cast are really impressive.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

cloverfan98 wrote:The controls are the BIGGEST issue with the game for me. It's an accurate simulation of how Godzilla acts in the films but it doesn't translate into good GAME PLAY. Really makes me appreciate the work that Pipeworks did to make all those kaiju fun to play in their games. Other than that I do find the presentation of this game to be AMAZING. The graphics and large monster cast are really impressive.
I definitely agree. Though I question some of the roster; why the larva need to be two separate characters, unable to transform. Why we need both Mechagodzilla and Mechagodzilla II. All those spots could have been used for other kaiju.

But yeah; graphics are a lot of fun, and I'll always be championing they're use of the '56 Rodan design.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I hope we get a sequel to this next year for KotM. Maybe with gameplay somewhere between the 2015 game and the Pipeworks games.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SG-17 wrote:I hope we get a sequel to this next year for KotM. Maybe with gameplay somewhere between the 2015 game and the Pipeworks games.
Sadly most likely not gonna happen. Especially given the bad reviews it got.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

They can't make the sequel. It'd break the universe. :lol:

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
Just realized you guys don't know the joke. I heard (it may be wrong) the main devolper confirmed his plan for a sequel would be a updated remake of Super Godzilla with Godzilla 2002. Including a fight with Bagin. Which is why we'll never get a sequel: because Batan can't be in anything!

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- On that same token invade a base and destroy several masers/UFOs to lessen the amount that may come at you in a later stage.

-Give us the option to destroy a mind control device so Gigan and King Ghidorah end up attacking alien weapons and not just you.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Living Corpse wrote:-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- On that same token invade a base and destroy several masers/UFOs to lessen the amount that may come at you in a later stage.

-Give us the option to destroy a mind control device so Gigan and King Ghidorah end up attacking alien weapons and not just you.
I actually would love to gun down some black hole ape men!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Living Corpse wrote:-Actually give us a chance to invade a military/alien base and break in the hanger storing a mech like the Super-X or Mechagodzilla and destroy them before they can be activated.

- An actual option to act as a good or bad monster regardless of what character you played as instead of just choosing a good monster or a bad monster. For all it's failures, this is one thing Godzilla: Unleashed got right.

- More Toho-centric locations would've been nice, like Monster Island, Infant Island, Children's Land, Planet X, Mt. Fuji, etc.

- Perhaps some sort of "follow Miki's telepathic signals to the destination" mission.

- An option to ally with a monster against another monster would've been nice too.

- On a similar note, up the chances of a multi=monster fight. It's been a while since I played the game, but I think the likelihood of a three-way monster battle is only, what? Once per play through?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Look this is gonna sound immature, but I'm just gonna say it. GODZILLA 1964 LOOK LIKE HE GOT A BUNCH OF GOD DAMN DOOKIE ALL OVER HIS BACK KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dr. Professor wrote:Look this is gonna sound immature, but I'm just gonna say it. GODZILLA 1964 LOOK LIKE HE GOT A BUNCH OF GOD DAMN DOOKIE ALL OVER HIS BACK KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?
I FEEL YA I FEEL YA
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Look this is gonna sound immature, but I'm just gonna say it. GODZILLA 1964 LOOK LIKE HE GOT A BUNCH OF GOD DAMN DOOKIE ALL OVER HIS BACK KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN?
I FEEL YA I FEEL YA
HELL YEAH BROTHER I KNEW YOU WOULD.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Anyone know what the Player Rank at the top right means? It definitely doesn't correspond to any other rankings in the game and even appears in evolution mode. Also, I went from having one or two Kaiju maxed out to all of them in a about a week or so and my Player rank increased instead of falling so I assume higher is better?
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Yes, a higher rank is better. That's generally how a ranking system works.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.