Kaiju pet peeves

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Kaiju pet peeves

Post by MaxRebo320 »

JAGzilla wrote:Silo
Solo, or the 120 Days of Sodom

This whole "insistence" in calling KKVG "Godzilla vs. King Kong" seems like it's stemmed directly from butthurt over Kong winning and is an attempt to have Godzilla "outrank" him ala Bugs & Daffy vs. Daffy & Bugs.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

JAGzilla wrote:Don't forget the new ones!

The Force Awakened
A Last Jedi
Rouge One
Silo
How could I forget? (Easily)

The show is great too!
Star Wars: The Clone Battles

Not a big fan of Star Wars: Rebellion though
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MaxRebo320 wrote:

This whole "insistence" in calling KKVG "Godzilla vs. King Kong" seems like it's stemmed directly from butthurt over Kong winning and is an attempt to have Godzilla "outrank" him ala Bugs & Daffy vs. Daffy & Bugs.
Or it could just be people used to most of the other films being "Godzilla vs ......" and forgetting what the actual title is.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MaxRebo320 wrote:

I always thought Godzilla started that whole "If his name goes first he automatically wins"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

goji89 wrote:Obviously its about the things about Kaiju.....everyone before you stated things as such......lile I said.
I posted a pet peeve and you haven't. Whether you think that my contribution to this thread is up to OP's original intention is irrelevant. Your posts in this thread are singularly calling me out because you disagree with me on this.
goji89 wrote:Lighten up Francis, a little ribbing won't hurt you snowflake.......
goji89 wrote:a little teasing wont kill you lighten up.
I don't want to play along. I was only trying to contribute something to the discussion.

And once again, it's literally a pet peeve. You guys are really making a mountain out of a molehill about this! OK, you disagree, fine. I don't give a shit if you do or don't. If you want to continue mocking me then go right ahead but I'm done here. I've said what I wanted to say, both initially and then twice more when my opinion was derided. Frankly I don't feel like my contribution to this discussion is welcome so I'm sorry I chimed in. :roll:
Last edited by Terasawa on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote:
goji89 wrote:Obviously its about the things about Kaiju.....everyone before you stated things as such......lile I said.
I posted a pet peeve and you haven't. Whether you think that my contribution to this thread is up to OP's original intention is irrelevant. Your posts in this thread are singularly calling me out because you disagree with me on this.
goji89 wrote:Lighten up Francis, a little ribbing won't hurt you snowflake.......
goji89 wrote:a little teasing wont kill you lighten up.
I don't want to play along. I was only trying to contribute something to the discussion.

And once again, it's literally a pet peeve. You guys are really making a mountain out of a molehill about this! OK, you disagree, fine. I don't give a poop if you do or don't. If you want to continue mocking me then go right ahead but I'm done here. I've said what I wanted to say, both initially and then twice more when my opinion was derided. Frankly I don't feel like my contribution to this discussion is welcome so I'm sorry I chimed in. :roll:
Ugh :roll: ....You want to act butthurt thats fine. I stated that you are correct in stating its just a pet peeve...but then started whining again. Dude chill, no one gives a damn I dont. You acting like Im out to get you is foolish thinking. I thought we were done with it....personally myself. But you just cant let stupid things go, why?

Anyway im done with this too..... :lol: no hurt feelings bro :huge: .

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

All this talk about getting a movie's name wrong, and nobody mentions how often you all misspell Rebith of Mortha or all the Gameta titles...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote:All this talk about getting a movie's name wrong, and nobody mentions how often you all misspell Rebith of Mortha or all the Gameta titles...
Gameta 3 Revenge of Eyeris is my favorite tbh

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:All this talk about getting a movie's name wrong, and nobody mentions how often you all misspell Rebith of Mortha or all the Gameta titles...
I like that scene where Batman and Superman stop fighting because of Mortha

Added in 34 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gameta 3 Revenge of Eyeris is my favorite tbh
Gameta guardian of the galaxy is better

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

1). The Lack of footstep/stomping sounds...they seem to "come & go" in most kaiju films.

2). The Lack of Anguirus.
Last edited by Grievous on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gerdzerl wrote:Heisei Rodan being only 70 meters tall. He should've been the same height as Godzilla. Rodan being that much smaller and weaker than Godzilla doesn't look right to me. Not a fan of his long beak and three horns either, it makes him look kind of generic. Rodan having a bird-like head and wings is what sets him apart from real pterosaurs.
Not trying to disagree with your opinion, or even argue with it, but apparently there’s a legitimate reason why they made Rodan smaller. Apparently, they didn’t want every single monster in the Heisei series to either be Godzilla’s height, or significantly larger then him. It was to add some variety to the monster sizes.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Terasawa wrote:OP never specified it had to be something literally from a movie. "This thread is here for you to sound off about kaiju things that annoy you." OK, that's something related to kaiju movies that annoys me and I'm sounding off on it. I didn't know I broke some sort of unwritten rule or that I had to explain something so trivial in this detail. Sheesh.

:roll:
Living Corpse wrote:Oh the horror!
Hey, I couldn't help but notice that you might have missed this part of my post you quoted, the very last line... well, no bother, I'll help you out man.
terasawa wrote:And you're right, it's no big deal. I'm not trying to make it one. It's literally a pet peeve, which is... not a big deal. lol
Next time you want help reading something just let me know, I'll be glad to oblige.
It was a joke.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:Heisei Rodan being only 70 meters tall. He should've been the same height as Godzilla. Rodan being that much smaller and weaker than Godzilla doesn't look right to me. Not a fan of his long beak and three horns either, it makes him look kind of generic. Rodan having a bird-like head and wings is what sets him apart from real pterosaurs.
Not trying to disagree with your opinion, or even argue with it, but apparently there’s a legitimate reason why they made Rodan smaller. Apparently, they didn’t want every single monster in the Heisei series to either be Godzilla’s height, or significantly larger then him. It was to add some variety to the monster sizes.
Which makes sense, Like in the Monsterverse a giant ancient volcanic Pterosaur would not be the same size as a gigantic prehistoric amphibious Komodo Bear and a giant ancient Moth would be smaller than both due to being an insect

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I absolutely LOATHE it whenever Godzilla runs. It's so STUPID and instantly makes any film a B movie. It's HORRIBLE and almost adds some fun to my serious movies, which is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I absolutely LOATHE it whenever Godzilla runs. It's so STUPID and instantly makes any film a B movie. It's HORRIBLE and almost adds some fun to my serious movies, which is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Literally any deviation from Godzilla as presented in Gojira is the rape of a cinematic masterpiece. My childhood and my dead father's childhood are ruined!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

eabaker wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I absolutely LOATHE it whenever Godzilla runs. It's so STUPID and instantly makes any film a B movie. It's HORRIBLE and almost adds some fun to my serious movies, which is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Literally any deviation from Godzilla as presented in Gojira is the rape of a cinematic masterpiece. My childhood and my dead father's childhood are ruined!
IT'S HERESY!!!!!!!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
eabaker wrote:
IT'S HERESY!!!!!!!
It is scientific heresy that is being tried here!

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

So...Godzilla should never run...ever?

Why not?

Most living creatures have that ability.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Grievous wrote:
So...Godzilla should never run...ever?

Why not?

Most living creatures have that ability.
:shrug: Ask Baragonbreh. He makes the rules around here.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Dr. Professor wrote: :shrug: Ask Baragonbreh. He makes the rules around here.
No!

I already did that & it gave me a migraine.

:?