The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by ultrazilla »

Neca finally unleashed their stuffs!

Love the new 2019 Godzilla mold, it looks so much more detailed and better painted than the G14 one :shock: . Mothra and Rodan are also present and looking good too! No sign of King Ghidorah tho.

GFan327
Monsterland Worker

Post by GFan327 »

Jakks Pacific Toy Fair booth

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Geez how many Ghidorah figures will they have? I got a nephew that is getting into Godzilla stuff and my brother mentioned that he wants a King Ghidorah toy. Now my brother doesn't want to be spoiled by what monsters that will be in the next Godzilla so hopefully he's still surprised.
But I was all 'oh I can look around Ebay or Amazon. I mean might be pricey but hey I don't see your kids every year right?'

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Geez how many Ghidorah figures will they have? I got a nephew that is getting into Godzilla stuff and my brother mentioned that he wants a King Ghidorah toy. Now my brother doesn't want to be spoiled by what monsters that will be in the next Godzilla so hopefully he's still surprised.
But I was all 'oh I can look around Ebay or Amazon. I mean might be pricey but hey I don't see your kids every year right?'
There's only 2 Ghidorah's. The 3 inch and that 6.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well I see four. The one on strings and looks like they got monsters standing on destroyed cities. Still I'm like here's just the Jakks and then there's Neca and Monster Arts and oh man I keep eyeing that SHMA King Ghidorah and I'm telling myself 'no!'

May as well go big for the nephew you know? Get the big Ghidorah toy at the top right...but they need a Godzilla too...and a Rodan...and a Mothra...and...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Well I see four.
There's only two figures. Two copies of each on display, one loose and one in box.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

JAKKS Pacific Lineup courtesy of @collectjurassic on Instagram.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I thought they changed the spines on the giant Godzilla?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I thought they changed the spines on the giant Godzilla?
Only on the 12 inch, not the 24 inch
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Imagine a figure of Godzilla with the same scale as that big figure with the articulation of the Figuarts.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

It's curious, why make a 6" scale Rodan and Ghidorah, but no Godzilla or Mothra?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Totally hate how there will NOT be 12 inch versions of the other monsters. Who the fuck makes decisions like that?!
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Ghidorah looks bad. The color is totally monotone and his heads are weirdly boxy looking.

Why are Mothra's wings white, red and black here? That is not the color scheme from the film lol.

Overall, poor work.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

They're kids toys, kids aren't gonna pick them up and be like: "I say Rupert, these figures are not up to par with what's seen on screen" and not buy them lol.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:They're kids toys, kids aren't gonna pick them up and be like: "I say Rupert, these figures are not up to par with what's seen on screen" and not buy them lol.
It's poor work, Mecha, and they should be ashamed of themselves for selling these to kids who are going to have so much fun with them!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:They're kids toys, kids aren't gonna pick them up and be like: "I say Rupert, these figures are not up to par with what's seen on screen" and not buy them lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:
It's poor work, Mecha, and they should be ashamed of themselves for selling these to kids who are going to have so much fun with them!
No, just no. Kids should not be able to have fun. That's hogwash.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
:lol: :lol: ,Imagine catching an attitude over a kids toy because the colors you saw from a 2 minute trailer doesn't match with what's shown from a toyline for minors
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
:lol: :lol: ,Imagine catching an attitude over a kids toy because the colors you saw from a 2 minute trailer doesn't match with what's shown from a toyline for minors
Hey! These are $10 toys aimed at children! They should look just as good as the $180 SHMA figures, okay! How DARE they look like fun, nostalgic toys? I wouldn't buy them for MY son!

I WILL buy them for myself though cause he's too young for toys and these look fun.

Added in 26 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
No, just no. Kids should not be able to have fun. That's hogwash.
NO FUN ALLOWED! IF ITS NOT FOR ME I DON'T LIKE IT!!!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Hey! These are $10 toys aimed at children! They should look just as good as the $180 SHMA figures, okay! How DARE they look like fun, nostalgic toys? I wouldn't buy them for MY son!

I WILL buy them for myself though cause he's too young for toys and these look fun.
I'm absolutely FURIOUS that these do not have 65 points of articulation and real feel 3D detailing throughout. Why should I spend my well earned $10 on such ludicrous childrens products?

Although you could use these as those hanging spinny things if your kids are young enough to still be in cribs