GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by mvp9056 »

I say they just release it August 7th. It'll be the last big movie of the summer so it'll be a good bookend, and give audiences something to go out on a bang with. It'll give the crew more time to work on the film (test screenings, CG work, and reshoots)- and it has the whole month to itself pretty much.
Last edited by mvp9056 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

mvp9056 wrote:and it has the whole month to itself pretty much.
Assuming no big hit movies gets announced for August that is.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:It would be nice to see Godzilla and Kong confront each other amidst a less civilized setting. While city destruction with Hollywood CGI quality is fun to watch, having grown up on Showa era films, so many were set against mountain backdrops where you could solely focus on monsters fighting. Even Skull islands fights were awesome to watch, just animals in nature.
But we already had that in the original, they fought at Mt: Fuji, let Kong jump off the sides of buildings this time.
Always had an idea where Kong would jump off the Empire State Building, while at the same time breaking off the needle and impaling it into Godzillas shoulder or something
I have visions of Kong hiding among the skyscrapers while Godzilla plods around looking for him, only to turn and see Kong jump up and smash a building into his face!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKaiju wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
But we already had that in the original, they fought at Mt: Fuji, let Kong jump off the sides of buildings this time.
Always had an idea where Kong would jump off the Empire State Building, while at the same time breaking off the needle and impaling it into Godzillas shoulder or something
I have visions of Kong hiding among the skyscrapers while Godzilla plods around looking for him, only to turn and see Kong jump up and smash a building into his face!
All that glass would definitely skreeonk his eye up good :lol:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

_JNavs_ wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Always had an idea where Kong would jump off the Empire State Building, while at the same time breaking off the needle and impaling it into Godzillas shoulder or something
It’s all good. He’s got... regenerator G-1 :lol:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKaiju wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
It’s all good. He’s got... regenerator G-1 :lol:
If it regenerates his body, would it regenerate around the glass in his eye? Therefore making him forever blind? I'm for it, that's good character development if I do say so myself.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I hope this film is so good that it sends me on a one-way ticket to Cinematown. :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I hope this film is so good that it sends me on a one-way ticket to Cinematown. :P
Well said.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

We're getting Godzilla vs Kong two months earlier - March 13, 2020!

https://twitter.com/AaronCouch/status/1 ... 2417044480

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

YES! YES! YES!
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Ehhh, I actually don’t like this new date that much :/

Hopefully it doesn’t hurt the production schedule now that it has less time.
Yooo 8-)

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I thought for sure they would move it back. Not up. Hope this isnt bad for the box office
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

JGAR wrote:Ehhh, I actually don’t like this new date that much :/

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Filming ends in March (I believe)...one year of post production is plenty

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Moogabunga wrote:We're getting Godzilla vs Kong two months earlier - March 13, 2020!

This is fantastic news. I finally predicted something that ended up being true. They'll have close to a year of post so I'm not worried.

The hype for the Monsterverse is about to be in full effect very soon

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Godzilla21 wrote:I thought for sure they would move it back. Not up. Hope this isnt bad for the box office

Same. Kinda wish they would have stood their ground. I'm going to be a lot more cautious with my hype for GvK than I am for KOTM. Mostly because of the director.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Moogabunga wrote:
JGAR wrote:Ehhh, I actually don’t like this new date that much :/

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Filming ends in March (I believe)...one year of post production is plenty
Hopefully it’s enough for the big CGI sequences.
Yooo 8-)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:I thought for sure they would move it back. Not up. Hope this isnt bad for the box office

Same. Kinda wish they would have stood their ground. I'm going to be a lot more cautious with my hype for GvK than I am for KOTM. Mostly because of the director.
I kinda see your point, but Adam Wingard has directed "You're Next" which was a pretty good film. So I'll trust he knows what he's doing.
But kaiju films tend to rely more on the writers than the directors, and Terry Rossio is the writer, I'm not a big fan of his work
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Moogabunga wrote:We're getting Godzilla vs Kong two months earlier - March 13, 2020!

Nice. Less competition IIRC, and it should be right during spring break.
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GFan327
Monsterland Worker

Post by GFan327 »

YAAS!!!

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

I'm not sure about this date. Is this going to give them enough time to finish and refine CGI, for reshoots, and test screenings? Most likely but you never know what goes on behind-the-scenes. Hopefully this doesn't cause them to rush.