Kaiju pet peeves

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Kaiju pet peeves

Post by BlankAccount »

Terasawa wrote:
goji89 wrote:But they just say it in a different order.....thats it? I mean its nothing to get a little upset about though. I would understand something that changes the entire title completely but this....but although it is a pet peeve of yours.....also this is the "Kaiju" pet peeve thread not a fandom one...

But hey, like I said its just a pet peeve of yours just dont expect fans to be to your high standards....this is just a forum nothing more nothing less.
It doesn't upset me. As I said it just bugs me, even if they're only misordering the words. Also I don't think it's "high standards" to know the name of a movie (in the correct order) if you're participating in a fan forum about those very movies. But like you said, just my pet peeve.
Kaiju-King42 wrote: That's kinda like getting annoyed by someone calling Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster's All Out Attack "GMK".

GMK isn't technically the name of the movie, but everyone still knows what movie you're talking about. Same goes for "Godzilla vs King Kong." It's no big deal.
I don't really think it is the same. "GMK" exists because it's an acronym of an ungodly long title that most people wouldn't want to type out. Also, Toho has used "GMK" (in English) on their releases of the film. "Godzilla vs. King Kong" is different because someone either intentionally, absent-mindedly, or ignorantly put the characters' names in the wrong order.

And you're right, it's no big deal. I'm not trying to make it one. It's literally a pet peeve, which is... not a big deal. lol
Just wait for Godzilla vs Kong, people are gonna call it Godzilla vs King Kong! Oh the horror!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Guy acknowledges minor irritation, is mocked for fact that irritation is over minor issue...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Heisei Rodan being only 70 meters tall. He should've been the same height as Godzilla. Rodan being that much smaller and weaker than Godzilla doesn't look right to me. Not a fan of his long beak and three horns either, it makes him look kind of generic. Rodan having a bird-like head and wings is what sets him apart from real pterosaurs.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

eabaker wrote:Guy acknowledges minor irritation, is mocked for fact that irritation is over minor issue...
It’s because I’m considered an “elitist.” My opinion doesn’t matter.
Last edited by Terasawa on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote:
eabaker wrote:Guy acknowledges minor irritation, is mocked for fact that irritation is over minor issue...
It’s because I’m considered an “elitist.” My opinion doesn’t matter.
Oh dont go crying about it, a little teasing wont kill you lighten up.

@Eabaker....this is a kaiju pet peeve and he brings in the FANDOM pet peeve I mean yeah.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

OP never specified it had to be something literally from a movie. "This thread is here for you to sound off about kaiju things that annoy you." OK, that's something related to kaiju movies that annoys me and I'm sounding off on it. I didn't know I broke some sort of unwritten rule or that I had to explain something so trivial in this detail. Sheesh.

:roll:
Living Corpse wrote:Oh the horror!
Hey, I couldn't help but notice that you might have missed this part of my post you quoted, the very last line... well, no bother, I'll help you out man.
terasawa wrote:And you're right, it's no big deal. I'm not trying to make it one. It's literally a pet peeve, which is... not a big deal. lol
Next time you want help reading something just let me know, I'll be glad to oblige.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Wait, hold on, are we actually on page two of giving someone shiit for a "pet peeve" on a "pet peeve" thread? One he openly stated isn't a big deal? I'm...I'm so confused.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Maritonic wrote:Wait, hold on, are we actually on page two of giving someone shiit for a "pet peeve" on a "pet peeve" thread? One he openly stated isn't a big deal? I'm...I'm so confused.
It's cool. I'm asking too much to expect Godzilla fans to actually know the names of the Godzilla movies they profess their love for on a Godzilla forum. But if you wanna criticize how Mothra appears in ten frames of one of those movies then it's no big deal.
Last edited by Terasawa on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Y'all need Buddha. Is it a little 'elitist' to gripe at people for getting titles slightly wrong? Maybe, I dunno. That's subjective. But you don't need to keep arguing about it and derailing the thread. And in any case, we're entering a bold new era where there will be two movies where Godzilla fights King Kong, so keeping your titles straight will actually matter if you want to avoid confusing people.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote:OP never specified it had to be something literally from a movie. "This thread is here for you to sound off about kaiju things that annoy you." OK, that's something related to kaiju movies that annoys me and I'm sounding off on it. I didn't know I broke some sort of unwritten rule or that I had to explain something so trivial in this detail. Sheesh.
This thread is here for you to sound off about kaiju things that annoy you. Maybe you hate Mothra’s fast motion, or Toho Kong’s lazy eye.
Feel free to point out general tropes, but I encourage you to think of specific examples.

There read it, learn it, fuck it I dont give a damn. Obviously its about the things about Kaiju.....everyone before you stated things as such......lile I said.

Lighten up Francis, a little ribbing won't hurt you snowflake....... :roll:

Added in 1 minute 46 seconds:
JAGzilla wrote:And in any case, we're entering a bold new era where there will be two movies where Godzilla fights King Kong, so keeping your titles straight will actually matter if you want to avoid confusing people.
Just use the year....Godzilla V King Kong 2019
Godzilla V King Kong 1962

Simple yeah?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote:
Terasawa wrote:OP never specified it had to be something literally from a movie. "This thread is here for you to sound off about kaiju things that annoy you." OK, that's something related to kaiju movies that annoys me and I'm sounding off on it. I didn't know I broke some sort of unwritten rule or that I had to explain something so trivial in this detail. Sheesh.
This thread is here for you to sound off about kaiju things that annoy you. Maybe you hate Mothra’s fast motion, or Toho Kong’s lazy eye.
Feel free to point out general tropes, but I encourage you to think of specific examples.

There read it, learn it, skreeonk it I dont give a damn. Obviously its about the things about Kaiju.....everyone before you stated things as such......lile I said.

Lighten up Francis, a little ribbing won't hurt you snowflake....... :roll:

Added in 1 minute 46 seconds:
JAGzilla wrote:And in any case, we're entering a bold new era where there will be two movies where Godzilla fights King Kong, so keeping your titles straight will actually matter if you want to avoid confusing people.
Just use the year....Godzilla V King Kong 2019

Simple yeah?
ooooooooooooooo... he said it :lol: (jk)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: ooooooooooooooo... he said it :lol: (jk)
Say it again....

Mufasa, mufasa, mufasa

Godzilla v King Kong

Godzilla v King Kong

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
Say it again....

Mufasa, mufasa, mufasa

Godzilla v King Kong

Godzilla v King Kong
Say it again!

Godzilla vs. Biollante is boring, overrated, mediocre special effects, with a score that's hilariously out of place.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

goji89 wrote:Just use the year....Godzilla V King Kong 2019
Or just use the proper titles (King Kong vs. Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Kong) to differentiate them. Like how the 1964 movie where Godzilla and Mothra fight is Mothra vs. Godzilla while the 1992 flick is Godzilla vs. Mothra. I agree it mildly annoys me too. Maybe not so much if casual fans use it, but if someone were on a Star Wars forum and kept calling A New Hope The New Hope, people would get annoyed. Probably way more so than Terasawa is over Godzilla vs. King Kong.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Say it again....

Mufasa, mufasa, mufasa

Godzilla v King Kong

Godzilla v King Kong
Say it again!

Godzilla vs. Biollante is boring, overrated, mediocre special effects, with a score that's hilariously out of place.
One more time for the people in the back!

Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla has one of the best scores in the franchise with how evil yet perfect SpaceG's theme is, it also shows family love between Godzilla, Rodan and Junior who is one of the cutest characters in the franchise and actually grows into his own Godzilla over the course of the Heisei films unlike certain olive looking pug face Minyas
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
Or just use the proper titles (King Kong vs. Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Kong) to differentiate them. Like how the 1964 movie where Godzilla and Mothra fight is Mothra vs. Godzilla while the 1992 flick is Godzilla vs. Mothra. I agree it mildly annoys me too. Maybe not so much if casual fans use it, but if someone were on a Star Wars forum and kept calling A New Hope The New Hope, people would get annoyed. Probably way more so than Terasawa is over Godzilla vs. King Kong.
No

Added in 46 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:
No, besides is thete some forum rile against it? No

Godzilla v King Kong

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:
No
My favorite Star Wars films in order

Revenge of a Sith
Return of a Jedi
Empire Fires Back
Assault of the Clones
The New Hope
A Pandemonium Menace

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote: Or just use the proper titles (King Kong vs. Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Kong) to differentiate them. Like how the 1964 movie where Godzilla and Mothra fight is Mothra vs. Godzilla while the 1992 flick is Godzilla vs. Mothra. I agree it mildly annoys me too. Maybe not so much if casual fans use it, but if someone were on a Star Wars forum and kept calling A New Hope The New Hope, people would get annoyed. Probably way more so than Terasawa is over Godzilla vs. King Kong.
No
My favorite Star Wars films in order

Revenge of a Sith
Return of a Jedi
Empire Fires Back
Assault of the Clones
The New Hope
A Pandemonium Menace
Noooooooo!!!!!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Don't forget the new ones!

The Force Awakened
A Last Jedi
Rouge One
Silo
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

JAGzilla wrote:Don't forget the new ones!

The Force Awakened
A Last Jedi
Rouge One
Silo
Stop it you monsters!