Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Post by Terasawa »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Isn't that right? Eh maybe not, my grammar is admittedly terrible at times.
Nah, the word is "piqued".

Don't worry, though. Everyone says "peaked." ...Which is why it annoys me so much. :lol:
While we're on the subject of being grammar nazis...

Bear McCreary is not "remixing" anything. A remix involves taking a previous performance of a composition and altering it in some way. The best word for what McCreary is doing with the Ifukube compositions is probably "rearranging."
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Guys. I just had the most amazing thought.

Imagine an epic choir version of the Mothra theme playing as she flies into battle.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've never been interested in buying soundtracks for any films, just my personal taste.

But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade. I want all collectibles, posters, even the soundtrack since the music so far sounds new and original while also keeping the classic themes involved. I basically want a shelf dedicated strictly to KOTM/Monsterverse, like a shrine :lol: :lol:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

_JNavs_ wrote: But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade.
Well there isn't really much to pick from in that regard.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade.
I'd say more than a decade but obviously some of the Millennium films are memorable. Even if most of them were lackluster. It may be one of the most solid Godzilla films made yet.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
I'd say more than a decade but obviously some of the Millennium films are memorable. Even if most of them were lackluster. It may be one of the most solid Godzilla films made yet.
As far as for the community of fans that is. I doubt the same can be said about the GA.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
As far as for the community of fans that is. I doubt the same can be said about the GA.
I agree, that's why I'm thinking KOTM will be the most memorable Godzilla film yet generally speaking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

_JNavs_ wrote:I've never been interested in buying soundtracks for any films, just my personal taste.

But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade. I want all collectibles, posters, even the soundtrack since the music so far sounds new and original while also keeping the classic themes involved. I basically want a shelf dedicated strictly to KOTM/Monsterverse, like a shrine :lol: :lol:
Any Godzilla shrine is a good shrine :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I've never been interested in buying soundtracks for any films, just my personal taste.

Exactly :lol: , My entire room basically consists of collectibles from various movies/games. Godzilla wise, everything from the G Memorial Box, Bandai, NECA, SHMA, An autographed DAM poster signed by the actors, another poster signed by Godzilla suit actors across the 3 eras, from the OG to Heisei to Millennium. I grew up with Godzilla through VHS and DVDs from Blockbuster, all 30+ films :lol: (I'm 18 but grew up in that time period (2000) between VHS's and DVDs)

So KOTM is kinda huge for me just like G14 was, except this time it's all the classics.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Lyrics for the Godzilla March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG1TZMorVjo

"Fight Harder" "
Fight"
"GO! JI! RA!"
"Fight Harder"
"Fight for us!"
"Fight until the end!"
"GO! JI! RA!"
"Gojira fight!"
"Fight, until the end!"
"Fight, for us!"
"GO! JI! RA!"
"Gojira fight for us!"
"GO! JI! RA!"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

Exactly :lol: , My entire room basically consists of collectibles from various movies/games. Godzilla wise, everything from the G Memorial Box, Bandai, NECA, SHMA, An autographed DAM poster signed by the actors, another poster signed by Godzilla suit actors across the 3 eras, from the OG to Heisei to Millennium. I grew up with Godzilla through VHS and DVDs from Blockbuster, all 30+ films :lol: (I'm 18 but grew up in that time period (2000) between VHS's and DVDs)

So KOTM is kinda huge for me just like G14 was, except this time it's all the classics.
I getcha. Wait, what Showa actors and suit actors? I'm insanely jealous, haha. I remember being in the same room as Akira Takarada at G-Fest when I was younger, and I met Shinji Higuchi and a special effects guy for Shin at another G-Fest.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Any Godzilla shrine is a good shrine :lol:

I getcha. Wait, what Showa actors and suit actors? I'm insanely jealous, haha. I remember being in the same room as Akira Takarada at G-Fest when I was younger, and I met Shinji Higuchi and a special effects guy for Shin at another G-Fest.
Akira Takaradas been in literally everything :lol:,and I like how Shinji tells his giant monster stories, they're pretty consistent. It was quite a while ago so for DAM I don't remember specifically who it was because I'm not the greatest with Japanese names.

The suit actors were
Tom Kitagawa: Millenium/2000
Haruo Nakajimaa Original Suit actor - Godzilla vs Gigan (Rest in Peace)
Kenpachiro Satsuma: Heisei
along with Illustrator Shinji Nishikawa

I took some pictures with them, super nice, good people

They signed by their respective suits and the artist signed the corner I think

This one came out sideways so it'd be even harder to tell but
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Exactly :lol: , My entire room basically consists of collectibles from various movies/games. Godzilla wise, everything from the G Memorial Box, Bandai, NECA, SHMA, An autographed DAM poster signed by the actors, another poster signed by Godzilla suit actors across the 3 eras, from the OG to Heisei to Millennium. I grew up with Godzilla through VHS and DVDs from Blockbuster, all 30+ films :lol: (I'm 18 but grew up in that time period (2000) between VHS's and DVDs)

Akira Takaradas been in literally everything :lol:,and I like how Shinji tells his giant monster stories, they're pretty consistent. It was quite a while ago so for DAM I don't remember specifically who it was because I'm not the greatest with Japanese names.

The suit actors were

I took some pictures with them, super nice, calm, good people

[img]http:.tinypic.com/10fc2zr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i65.tinypic.com/35co3rk.img]
Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I getcha. Wait, what Showa actors and suit actors? I'm insanely jealous, haha. I remember being in the same room as Akira Takarada at G-Fest when I was younger, and I met Shinji Higuchi and a special effects guy for Shin at another G-Fest.

The suit actors were

I took some pictures with them, super nice, calm, good people

[img]http:.tinypic.com/10fc2zr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i65.tinypic.com/35co3rk.img]
Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!
He was a really great guy! It's awe-inspiring knowing the big 3 of all the eras signed my poster next to their respective monsters. It feels so complete hanging above the collection

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!
He was a really great guy! It's awe-inspiring knowing the big 3 of all the eras signed my poster next to their respective monsters. It feels so complete hanging above the collection
He was my hero as a kid. My guy, you've got 50 years of Godzilla on one paper! Please protect that poster, it is a holy grail.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!
He was my hero as a kid. My guy, you've got 50 years of Godzilla on one paper! Please protect that poster, it is a holy grail.
I'll protect it with my life at all costs! Especially knowing that the man-in-a-suit is a technique of the past, and seemingly won't be coming back in the Godzilla franchise, it's good to know I have their history and something to represent them by