The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

Postby Zarm » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:54 pm

ROMG4 wrote:
Zarm wrote:I don't know the Emperor, but if you're looking for a mid-tier, more-mortal Superman, either post-Crisis or DCAU might do the trick...

In Warhammer 40k's lore the Emperor of mankind is described as launching a psychic attack on his traitor son Horus that is the psychic equivalent of a supernova

Yes a supernova level psychic attack

Wellllll... that would probably take out pretty much any Superman. Might be better to match him up against Martian Manhunter, honestly; especially as he has most of the same physical powers...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:55 am

Warhammer 40k is one of the most ridiculously powerful sci-fi universes out there and has few equals. Your average Space Marine bolter fires a .75 caliber, armor peircing, high explosive bullet.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boo-Hoo, I'm leaking lubricant!

TheRealSpinoRex
Ronin

Postby TheRealSpinoRex » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 am

Why do we allow matches that aren't kaiju fights? I came here to see Godzilla, not Star Wars or Friday the 13th.

ROMG4
Interpol Agent

Postby ROMG4 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:19 pm

TheRealSpinoRex wrote:Why do we allow matches that aren't kaiju fights? I came here to see Godzilla, not Star Wars or Friday the 13th.

Because variety and people wanted to see a match other then Godzilla

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:26 pm

In some ways, it felt like we matched every kaiju against every other kaiju already, so we had to broaden the options. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

TheRealSpinoRex
Ronin

Postby TheRealSpinoRex » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:42 am

Zarm wrote:In some ways, it felt like we matched every kaiju against every other kaiju already, so we had to broaden the options. :)

Then why not add Pacific Rim kaiju, Giant dinosaurs, and even OC kaijus?

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:46 am

I still question the rule behind not allowing a Video game characters.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am

TheRealSpinoRex wrote:
Zarm wrote:In some ways, it felt like we matched every kaiju against every other kaiju already, so we had to broaden the options. :)

Then why not add Pacific Rim kaiju, Giant dinosaurs, and even OC kaijus?

Umm, did you miss Pacific Rim vs Rampage, and Skull Island showdown?

Please keep OC's outta here, I don't care how good they are, no thank you.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier

Postby LamangoKaijura » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:06 am

LegendZilla wrote:I still question the rule behind not allowing a Video game characters.

Cause video game characters are skreeonking bullshit.
Mario? skreeonker can survive walking on lava, getting sucked into black holes, getting frozen, can survive the sun hurling itself at him. But a skreeonking goomba? Hol' the skreeonk up mate, if that lil Goomba hits Mario at all, NOT BITE HIM, ATTACK HIM, OR LOOK AT HIM, just WALKS INTO HIM? Mario dies.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:16 am

LamangoKaijura wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I still question the rule behind not allowing a Video game characters.

Cause video game characters are skreeonking bullshit.
Mario? skreeonker can survive walking on lava, getting sucked into black holes, getting frozen, can survive the sun hurling itself at him. But a skreeonking goomba? Hol' the skreeonk up mate, if that lil Goomba hits Mario at all, NOT BITE HIM, ATTACK HIM, OR LOOK AT HIM, just WALKS INTO HIM? Mario dies.

How are all characters in fiction not beyond bullshit? Hell even Godzilla is not free of inconsistencies.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:58 am

I think the point is that video game characters can suffer some rather more extreme inconsistencies and violations of the laws of physics that makes them incompatible with the laws applying to other kinds of characters.

#ProLife

Maranatha!

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 am

Certain characters are exempt if they appear in other media like comics and books, where there's much more consistency.
Boo-Hoo, I'm leaking lubricant!

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:16 am

If you're gonna ban Video Game characters for whatever inconsistencies afflicted them in their medium of origin, might a well ban comic book characters as well just for being still images.

SoggyNoodles2016
Futurian

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:22 pm

LegendZilla wrote:If you're gonna ban Video Game characters for whatever inconsistencies afflicted them in their medium of origin, might a well ban comic book characters as well just for being still images.

That's......not why though?

it's because gameplay/story seperation means we can't actually tell how strong a video game character is. We're not banning them because they're made of bits or whatever.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Return to “Fantasy Matches”