King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Post by mvp9056 »

I wonder what's going to happen to Kong once the Monsterverse ends(?) in 2020. I'm liking the little Kong 'renaissance' we're having now with the movies, stage play, and some of the comic books out there- but I feel it's shortlived and he'll go back to only being in a handful of movies and no new iterations & stories. I wish Toho could maybe take a crack at him in their future films, and do some of the things they wanted before were it not for copyrights.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I need a Kong sequel, or maybe a few scenes in GvK where he breaks Gorosaurus' jaw in a battle to the death, rips apart a snake, and breaks his foot off in an elephants behind. Before he has to get shredded by Big G and/or whatever the big bad will be.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

_JNavs_ wrote:I need a Kong sequel, or maybe a few scenes in GvK where he breaks Gorosaurus' jaw in a battle to the death, rips apart a snake, and breaks his foot off in an elephants behind. Before he has to get shredded by Big G and/or whatever the big bad will be.
I'd love me a saber-toothed cat kaiju that he fights before he takes on Godzilla. If not maybe in an potential Kong sequel assuming the MonsterVerse goes pass 2020 along with a simian rival based on the Yeti (Who could live on the high snowy mountain tops of Skull Island).

Would love a bear kaiju too.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I need a Kong sequel, or maybe a few scenes in GvK where he breaks Gorosaurus' jaw in a battle to the death, rips apart a snake, and breaks his foot off in an elephants behind. Before he has to get shredded by Big G and/or whatever the big bad will be.
I'd love me a saber-toothed cat kaiju that he fights before he takes on Godzilla. If not maybe in an potential Kong sequel assuming the MonsterVerse goes pass 2020 along with a simian rival based on the Yeti (Who could live on the high snowy mountain tops of Skull Island).

Would love a bear kaiju too.
A giant lion of some sort would be epic. I think if they play their cards right they could turn the Monsterverse into a Kongverse, give Kong a few VS films for a change, let this be his Heisei era. Have him fight and befriend a Yeti before taking on a Giant bear on Skull Island. Or a massive Condor and some rexes, Maybe even give Anguirus a shot :lol:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:Have him fight and befriend a Yeti before taking on a Giant bear on Skull Island.
I actually like that idea. Both starting off as rivals before becoming allies. Give Kong someone that Godzilla already has (Anguirus). ;)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Have him fight and befriend a Yeti before taking on a Giant bear on Skull Island.
I actually like that idea. Both starting off as rivals before becoming allies. Give Kong someone that Godzilla already has (Anguirus). ;)
Exactly, I just picture something similar to when Dutch and Dillon do that macho handshake in Predator, except with 2 oversized apes doing a fist bump or helping the other up. May seem a bit cringe to some but honestly let's face it, it'd be fun and exhilarating to see before they run at an opponent

Have Kong just run the gauntlet on classic kaiju, Baragon, Anguirus, Varan, Sanda and Gaira, Rodan :lol: :lol:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:Exactly, I just picture something similar to when Dutch and Dillon do that macho handshake in Predator, except with 2 oversized apes doing a fist bump or helping the other up. May seem a bit cringe to some but honestly let's face it, it'd be fun and exhilarating to see before they run at an opponent

Have Kong just run the gauntlet on classic kaiju, Baragon, Anguirus, Varan, Sanda and Gaira, Rodan :lol: :lol:
I love the way you think. What great minds can accomplish when sharing the same ideas. ;)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Exactly, I just picture something similar to when Dutch and Dillon do that macho handshake in Predator, except with 2 oversized apes doing a fist bump or helping the other up. May seem a bit cringe to some but honestly let's face it, it'd be fun and exhilarating to see before they run at an opponent

I love the way you think. What great minds can accomplish when sharing the same ideas. ;)
Exactly :D , We need to get these ideas directly to Jordan Vogt Roberts' mailbox assuming he continues with Kong in the MV :lol:

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

How do ya'll feel about fully integrating Kong and Skull Island in Godzilla's universe? I think he's a more natural fit than people give him credit for.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

mvp9056 wrote:How do ya'll feel about fully integrating Kong and Skull Island in Godzilla's universe? I think he's a more natural fit than people give him credit for.
He fits perfectly with the realistic tone they're aiming for. Glad they gave him an updated 33 design
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
mvp9056 wrote:How do ya'll feel about fully integrating Kong and Skull Island in Godzilla's universe? I think he's a more natural fit than people give him credit for.
He fits perfectly with the realistic tone they're aiming for. Glad they gave him an updated 33 design
That too, but I meant more so in the Toho films and canon going forward.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

mvp9056 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
That too, but I meant more so in the Toho films and canon going forward.
Oh lol, I mean, the same way some people think Godzilla can't be made perfectly by Americans (On the contrary I love G14 with a passion), I feel similarly with Kong in that anyone outside of America wouldn't get it perfect. Just a personal preference, I feel like the jungle adventure kinda thing is more well done with Western films. I'd be open to him being a recurring character though.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Any news on that new live action King Kong show?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Any news on that new live action King Kong show?
Probably dead and no surprise given it would had been developed by the director of Bye Bye Man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Probably dead and no surprise given it would had been developed by the director of Bye Bye Man.
I'd love to see a Skull Island based show on a prime time network, like HBO or something that has a proper budget, idk if Netflix could accommodate the amount of cgi it'd take and I definitely would put money down that CBS would be a complete dumpster fire.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

_JNavs_ wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
I'd love to see a Skull Island based show on a prime time network, like HBO or something that has a proper budget, idk if Netflix could accommodate the amount of cgi it'd take and I definitely would put money down that CBS would be a complete dumpster fire.
Wasn't the show gonna be based off one of those old Skull Island novels?

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Probably dead and no surprise given it would had been developed by the director of Bye Bye Man.
Wasn't the show gonna be based off one of those old Skull Island novels?
Yeah, Kong Of Skull Island. I don't know what happened to it. Hell, I'm still not sure if it was actually getting made.

RIP Evan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Wasn't the show gonna be based off one of those old Skull Island novels?
Yeah, Kong Of Skull Island. I don't know what happened to it. Hell, I'm still not sure if it was actually getting made.
I remember the last we saw of it was the title card. I didn't have high hopes tho :lol:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Wasn't the show gonna be based off one of those old Skull Island novels?
I remember the last we saw of it was the title card. I didn't have high hopes tho :lol:
no one did. :lol:

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
The title card looked like it was made in MS Paint with Harambes opacity set to 25% in the background :lol: , Hopefully it wasn't official