zBrush Kaiju by Dopepope

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: zBrush Kaiju by Dopepope

Post by GigaBowserG »

dopepope wrote:[]https://orig00.deviantart.net/a724/f/20 ... cno2ol.jpg[/]

X-Plus revealed their new line of models at Super Festival in Tokyo this past weekend. One of them I had the honor to work on. A challenging kaiju design to say the least. IRYS of "Gamera vs Irys". The model had to be approved by Shûsuke Kaneko, the director of the film. So, the fact it's going to be produced is wonderful news to me, and I do hope I'll be doing more with X-Plus.
Hope this opens up some doors for you to other lines as well. Definitely a fantastic Iris model :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Thanks a lot fellas! the feedback is appreciated. That was a challenging project for sure.

I'll be at NEW YORK COMIC CONVENTION this weekend, Oct 4 - 8, 2018. Artist Alley Table F34. If anyone is attending, come on by and say hello.
It'll be cool to meet you. I'll have art prints of my work, a few posters, stickers, and a super limited exclusive 3D print of my Apocalypse sculpt for sale. Hopefully some of you can make it.
DOPEPOPE: zBrush Commissions Open! Contact Me for Details.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

BAGAN, video game version, Error-free STL digital download for purchase on Gambody https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/bagan-kaiju

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Damn, this is dope.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

dopepope wrote:[]https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1540322930[/]

BAGAN, video game version, Error-free STL digital download for purchase on Gambody https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/bagan-kaiju
Got that sucker asap... even if I have no idea how STL files work :lol: Looks like you can 3D print the body parts and assemble it? Pretty neat, though I can only imagine that'd cost a pretty penny to do.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Appreciate the support. And yea, the materials cost some money. The bigger you print it, the more time it takes, and it costs a lot more in materials/price. But it looks GREAT!

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Here's the Orga I digitally sculpted for X-Plus. They revealed it at Wonderfest 2019 in Tokyo. Figure currently in development.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Superb ! Can't wait to see it painted and some more of the sculpt from other angles :)
/crawls back under rock

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

That's a seriously awesome sculpt you did there. If you don't mind me asking, what's it like working with X-Plus? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, but I'm assuming they "commission" you to do sculpts for them?
Last edited by Noble Saber on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

It's always inspiring to see people who create fan art getting a job out of it. Same thing happened with the person who did the designs for the live-action Detective Pikachu movie, they were hired because of a series of realistic Pokemon artworks they posted to Deviantart.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KillCrites wrote:It's always inspiring to see people who create fan art getting a job out of it. Same thing happened with the person who did the designs for the live-action Detective Pikachu movie, they were hired because of a series of realistic Pokemon artworks they posted to Deviantart.
Don't forget Matt Frank, Bob Eggelton, and Zid.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Living Corpse wrote:
KillCrites wrote:It's always inspiring to see people who create fan art getting a job out of it. Same thing happened with the person who did the designs for the live-action Detective Pikachu movie, they were hired because of a series of realistic Pokemon artworks they posted to Deviantart.
Don't forget Matt Frank, Bob Eggelton, and Zid.
Yep!
why did i have to be the chosen one?

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

2004Zilla wrote:That's a seriously awesome sculpt you did there. If you don't mind me asking, what's it like working with X-Plus? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, but I'm assuming they "commission" you to do sculpts for them?
Thanks. Yes, I was lucky enough to somehow get on their radar. They contacted me to do a model. Then another. And I certainly hope to do more if they ask. They've been wonderful people to work with.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

That's cool. I didn't know that. Yes, it is pretty awesome when the companies realize some of us do this out of the love for the genre. I've got some more interesting things brewing as well. I'll showcase once I'm allowed. 8-)

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Baragon, Error-free STL digital download for purchase on Gambody https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/baragon-kaiju

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

WIP of SoshingekiGoji for a commission.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

more images : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zAX0VZ

3D model : https://skfb.ly/6HFKy

Commissioned artwork. This is a Godzilla hybrid commissioned to include aspects of the old and new. The overall base suit is the SoshingekiGoji suit, from the showa series, used in 1968 - 1972. The added elements are mostly from the Legendary 2014 look, having smaller eyes, some proportions, the tail, the gills, the feet, but with the toes a bit longer, and the scales and textures mixed with the showa suit's classic keloid scarring texture. The dorsal plates are GMK inspired.
Last edited by dopepope on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

I'll be at MONSTERPALOOZA in Pasadena April 12-14, signing and selling art prints, some stickers, and some 3D prints. If you're attending, come on by. Isle NOSFERATU booth 409.

http://www.monsterpalooza.com/spring/

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

some progress on Ghido2019.