Darkest Godzilla scene

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: Darkest Godzilla scene

Post by Coobzilla03 »

g2vd wrote:Seriously though.

The original 2012 Teaser is legitimately disturbing it truly is.

https://vimeo.com/146985673
I wouldn't call it disturbing, but its pretty darn cool!
Resized Image

Dracostar44
Samurai

Post by Dracostar44 »

Seeing Shin Godzilla rampage across Japan and then after he's frozen we see humanoid Skelton on his ripped up tail if that ain't creepy I don't know what is
Why be king when you can be God

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I would say arguably all of Gojira is extremely dark in context. The entire hospital scene, with children crying over dead parents, testing children for radiation, is horrifying.

His attack itself is full of horrifying scenes, such as the moment between the mother and her children crying about seeing their father soon. Always haunts me.

One scene that isn't as dark but I feel could be interesting in context is from GMK actually. When Godzilla comes ashore, there is an old man at a traffic light in his car looking up going "it's....Godzilla..." and I always assumed from his age and such that he witnessed both the bomb and Godzilla's first attack. His reaction is very sincere and full of dread. It's actually my favorite reaction to Godzilla in the entire franchise.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Battra's death is pretty dark. Godzilla chomps down on his neck and yellow blood starts pumping out every where. He also gets nailed in the same spot with atomic breath at point-blank range. Then the light fades from his eyes and he falls into the dark depths of the ocean in the arms of his killer. Mothra then uses her power on the area while mournful music plays.

Not the darkest in the grand scheme of things, but this was my first Godzilla movie that I owned, thats quit a dark and sad not to end a film on for a kid.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

"Don't worry, we will be with your father soon", the hospital scene, and the radio message with the survivors and destruction shots and Prayer for Peace sounding in the background.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

Destoroyah killing Junior and Burning G mourning over his body is pretty dark, but two scenes from G vs. Hedorah take the top spot, for me. First one is Land Form Hedorah feeding on smoke from the industrial factory, that's a very ominous picture...and second one, of course, is Flying Hedorah killing and dissolving people with its sulfuric acid mist. Tha genuinely freaked me out as a kid.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

A good portion of scenes from The Planet Eater deserve some credit, as in what's shown and thinking of how dark a lot of things were.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Cockroaches burning to death at the end of Gigan always made me sad.
"Kabotaaaaa...." "I'm heeere!"

Atomic breath in Shin, that shit dropped my jaw in the theatre.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Godzillander
Yojimbo

Post by Godzillander »

A few scenes from GMK stand out towards me as being really dark. The first is obviously his initial surfacing and rampage, where he casually slaughters the crowd of civilians and the girl in the hospital. The others are closer towards the end. His defeat of the powered-up Ghidorah shows that the full might of the Guardian Monsters couldn't take him down, so Japan and the world are on the brink of annihilation (not to mention Ghidorah blew his second chance to stop Godzilla). The meat chunks of Ghidorah plopping into the water after the explosion is also a pretty gruesome detail. And the final scene of Godzilla's heart basically ruins any chance of a happy ending. Godzilla will come back, humanity doesn't know that, and they have no more monsters to protect them. So when Godzilla returns, it's all over
"Sometimes I think this is Godzilla's world. We just live in it."
:godzilla:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

One scene that isn't as dark but I feel could be interesting in context is from GMK actually. When Godzilla comes ashore, there is an old man at a traffic light in his car looking up going "it's....Godzilla..." and I always assumed from his age and such that he witnessed both the bomb and Godzilla's first attack. His reaction is very sincere and full of dread. It's actually my favorite reaction to Godzilla in the entire franchise.
God, I adore that particular reaction as well. The man is literally trembling and sputtering with genuine fear. He either definitely experienced the first Godzilla attack 50 years ago, or heard several stories about from survivors. Another reaction that I loved in that very same scene, was the old woman who ran out from the market, looked up and saw Godzilla, and screamed bloody murder. While screaming at Godzilla isn’t anything new, her reaction was just so much more genuine; it as though she was legitimately terrified of the monster that stood before her.

Great acting from both of those people.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Pretty easy choice here...

"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Would the scene in G14 where Cranston is at the nuclear power plant with his wife count as a dark scene? Where the sequence with him trying to save her ends with him being forced to close the doors between him and his wife due to potential radiation exposure? Loved his performance.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Godzilla165 wrote:
God, I adore that particular reaction as well. The man is literally trembling and sputtering with genuine fear. He either definitely experienced the first Godzilla attack 50 years ago, or heard several stories about from survivors. Another reaction that I loved in that very same scene, was the old woman who ran out from the market, looked up and saw Godzilla, and screamed bloody murder. While screaming at Godzilla isn’t anything new, her reaction was just so much more genuine; it as though she was legitimately terrified of the monster that stood before her.

Great acting from both of those people.
I never even considered that these people may have seen the original Godzilla's attack thats an awesome idea! Also the picture of The Lucky Dragon in GMK is pretty dark.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

You're gonna think I'm weird, but the cave paintings in the after credits scene of K:SI.

Imagine surviving Skull Island only to be told there are worse things out there than a giant bigfoot-ape thing or lizard-snakes, one of those things looks like a hydra and one of those things is already confirmed to exist and is one of the monsters responsible for MONARCH being formed in the first place. Even Huston and Lin were with the U.S. government in thinking (or hoping) that Godzilla was a one time anomaly and that Randa wasn't gonna find anymore and those two were co-founders with him. Now, after Skull Island, they realized how right he was.

Not only is there the implication that a lot of ancient people's legends had some truth to it, but with Godzilla having shown up in the 1940's -1950's, and Skull Island being an entire ecosystem for giant monsters that had remained hidden till then, there's the distinct possibility a lot of those creatures from the myth are still around and could come back.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

The lead bank robber pulling his knife on Ichiro. Dark stuff for a children’s film and very intense for Honda. This is a guy who actively avoided real life violence in his movies unless necessary and he’s having a character credibly threaten to stab a young boy.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Bigdog wrote:The scene in Gojira, where as Godzilla marches onward through the city, a woman is holding her daughter up against a wall. They are desperate, but the mother accepts her fate and tries to keep her daughter calmed down. She then says to her, "We'll be with your father soon." Indicating he either died in World War II or was one of the fishermen that died on one of the Marus.
Pretty much this. When I saw Gojira for the first time and finally saw that scene with subtitles, my jaw dropped. I mean, its bad enough with just the visuals, but to understand what the mother is saying? Jeez. That adds a whole other layer.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

The still beating, disembodied heart of SokogekiGoji at the end of GMK always struck a nerve
with me...with the "frozen tail humanoids" at the end of Shin Gojira coming a close second.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I loved Shin Godzilla's second form bleeding but I wish we got to see it harming people. When it rains down on that car its an amazing shot but we don't get to see the consequences of it.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote:Cockroaches burning to death at the end of Gigan always made me sad.
"Kabotaaaaa...." "I'm heeere!"
When I first watched Godzilla vs Gigan (I guess around 2005 - 2006) my parents had rented it from Blockbuster for me and the last guy who had it turned off the subtitles and I didn’t know how to turn them on myself so I was confused as all get out the entire time
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

G2000 wrote:
When I first watched Godzilla vs Gigan (I guess around 2005 - 2006) my parents had rented it from Blockbuster for me and the last guy who had it turned off the subtitles and I didn’t know how to turn them on myself so I was confused as all get out the entire time
That's kind of an awesome story...
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.