The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Dr. Professor »

Maritonic wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:Something about the figure really puts me off. Can't quite put my finger on it.
Size of the head?
Probably. The hands look really bulky too.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Yeah, the size of the hand palms bugs me too tbh. They just look...out of place, so to speak. Also, not a fan of the fact that they are using the same head from the S.H Monsterarts 2014 figure- you would think that the access to actual CGI models from the movie this time should actually allow them to make an accurate sculpt :lol:

Still, the figure looks rather solid- but personally i'm looking forward to NECA's rendition more.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

The head looks too small, the elbow joint is unsightly and the hands look too large.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

GFAN198423 wrote:The head looks too small, the elbow joint is unsightly and the hands look too large.
Yeah, and the fact that the neck amd hands are jointed makes the unusually small head and bigass palms stand out even more lol.
Which is a shame, because the rest of the body looks pretty decent and accurate (feet, spines etc). What is it with S.H failing to capture the Legendary design correctly lmao.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

His neck is so god damn thick compared to his head it's weird.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Dv-218 wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:The head looks too small, the elbow joint is unsightly and the hands look too large.
Yeah, and the fact that the neck amd hands are jointed makes the unusually small head and bigass palms stand out even more lol.
Which is a shame, because the rest of the body looks pretty decent and accurate (feet, spines etc). What is it with S.H failing to capture the Legendary design correctly lmao.
SHMA's articulation style causes proportions to be off in their figures, this stands out with some designs more than others. Their '64 suffers from it, even the 2003 a bit.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

GFAN198423 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
SHMA's articulation style causes proportions to be off in their figures, this stands out with some designs more than others. Their '64 suffers from it, even the 2003 a bit.
Yeah, noticed that too. Shin and 62 also have this problem. Seems that Legendary Ghidorah has the same issue to some extent, with the head-to-body ratio clearly being different to what was shown so far from the movie. It's a shame really.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Personally, I think NECA's articuation style is best, regardless of comparing sculpts or anything, they give enough articulation to be more of an action figure than an MMS Vinyl, but limit it enough they don't lose aesthetics because of proportions you have to change for the layers of articulation.

Added in 13 days 7 minutes 7 seconds:
Bandai MMS lineup.

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

Oh Rodan, what have they done to your legs...
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I can't stop laughing at the Bandai Rodan holy fuck. That face :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

That Rodan is fucking disgusting
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... _monsters/

Halloween's gonna be fun.......
Don't act like 8 year old you wouldn't have lost his mind seeing that Ghidorah costume in the store.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Maritonic wrote:

Don't act like 8 year old you wouldn't have lost his mind seeing that Ghidorah costume in the store.
My 32 year old me is losing his mind!! I already told the wife that I am buying it and never taking it off. :huge:

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Those costumes are horrifying
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

OGMechaMothra wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

My 32 year old me is losing his mind!! I already told the wife that I am buying it and never taking it off. :huge:
I'm saying. If I saw that in a store as a kid, I would have lost my mind. I think people forget who these are marketed towards.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

Godzilla looks fine, Ghidorah is a valiant effort but it just doesn't look good. The hands for the others heads makes sense but why are the wings so damn small and the neck is so thick? Like it looks like this was clearly the first time the costume makers tackled a Ghidorah costume and again they gave it their best but it just falls short to me. Even as a kid I think I wouldn't of liked it. Most of the other stuff is looking good though, the only other one that just fails is Mothra's mask. Which they gave fangs for god knows why and the insect eyes just look like coloring to the sides. Again, clearly the first attempt at a bug mask, boy does it show. Rodan's is spot on though and the others aren't bad either.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

As frightening as those costumes do look I think its awesome that they exist and I know that if I was six or so I'd have lost my mind over getting them.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

cloverfan98 wrote:As frightening as those costumes do look I think its awesome that they exist and I know that if I was six or so I'd have lost my mind over getting them.
^^^^^ Thank you.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Man, the Ghidorah costume is gonna make role play night EXTRA SPICY
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.