Non Toho Monsters that could show up if the Monsterverse if it continues?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Re: Non Toho Monsters that could show up if the Monsterverse if it continues?

Post by KillCrites »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: I mean if realism and naturalism is the thing for the MonsterVerse that people says it is how can an ancient civilization work to begin with? I'm all ears but I can't see that working within the MonsterVerse .
They could just change Gamera's origin like they did with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah. And I don't even think the ancient civilization thing was a part of the original origin at all but I could be wrong.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gamera's original origin was just the standard "awoken by atomic bomb" origin that most 50's/60's monsters had.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: I mean if realism and naturalism is the thing for the MonsterVerse that people says it is how can an ancient civilization work to begin with? I'm all ears but I can't see that working within the MonsterVerse .
How can a giant radioactive monster like Godzilla work? How can Rodan work? Ghidorah? Mothra? The MUTOs? How can an island TRULY be undiscovered just because of a storm?

Atlantis is used in fiction all the time. It's not that hard.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ancient civilizations suddenly vanishing isn't really an unrealistic premise, either. Just look at the Mayans.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Fair enough guys. I'm probably looking at all this realism/naturalism in the wrong way... :lol:

Plus I never watched the trailers to KotM as I'm trying to savor all the hype so I didn't know about the ruins of that ancient civiliztion.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

What about some monsters/legendary animals from other lands? I got two possible ideas for allies.

The Thunderbird and the Ziz.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Just create some original monsters, that way you can be absolutely limitless with creativity.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd love to see a Kaiju Sabertooth Lion, it'd be so cool to see a graceful beast like that running through the jungle chasing another smaller weaker kaiju. Imagine a film introducing what we think is a normal sized lion running through an open field, then the camera pans showing him running over trees instead of within them. It'd work as an opener since they'd be common knowledge at this point.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira