Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:That really is bothersome. Should've known that any incarnation of Ghidorah would sell out in no time at all. I still have yet to add any form of King Ghidorah to my collection, oddly enough.
Here is an original blue tag for $45.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-6-MECHA ... Swl7dcMtYT
Shoot. I didn't say anything until now because by the time I checked the link, the listing ended. But, thanks for sharing it.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Petezilla wrote:^ But since nothing is perfect: lazy Bandai did NOT paint the crystals at his tail tip... :(

Yup, I mean, was anyone expecting anything else at this point?

...Just sayin'
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Petezilla wrote:^ But since nothing is perfect: lazy Bandai did NOT paint the crystals at his tail tip... :(
They aren’t painted on the original either. The rereleases have actually been on par or better when it comes to painting

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There is a light spray on older releases of the Bandai SpaceGodzilla. A little half-assed, but its there.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:There is a light spray on older releases of the Bandai SpaceGodzilla. A little half-assed, but its there.
I've seen it. Obviously, they were going for a shade of grey, but the result was more of a washed-out color...

Added in 5 days 5 hours 27 minutes 21 seconds:
MandaSaurus wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:There is a light spray on older releases of the Bandai SpaceGodzilla. A little half-assed, but its there.
I've seen it. Obviously, they were going for a shade of grey, but the result was more of a washed-out color...
Where, oh where, are our next MMS kaiju? :(

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Question: How would one go about fixing a warped limb on a vinyl figure?
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Question: How would one go about fixing a warped limb on a vinyl figure?
Use a blow dryer to heat the limb up then move it back into place. Once it cools it'll be back to the position it needs to be in

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Well, following my own experience it depends on how hard or soft the thing actually is and how long it remained in warped position. Take this into account when blowing it hot and letting it cool afterwards.

Edit: erm... I can't put my finger on it, but somethings sounds wrong here... :| :eh:
Last edited by Petezilla on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Petezilla wrote:Well, following my own experience it depends on how hard or soft the thing actually is and how long it remained in warped position. Take this into account when blowing it hot and letting it cool afterwards.

Edit: erm... I can't put my finger on it, but somethings sounds wrong here... :| :eh:
Careful. I'm thinking about calling the "Mind in the Gutter" police... :twisted:

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Godzillian wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Question: How would one go about fixing a warped limb on a vinyl figure?
Use a blow dryer to heat the limb up then move it back into place. Once it cools it'll be back to the position it needs to be in

Cool, thanks, but, say one doesn't own a blow dryer. Would hot water also work?

Added in :
Godzillian wrote:

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

Added in :
Godzillian wrote:

Yes hot water also works.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

If using the blow dryer method (or even the hot water method), you can also try and get a better result on a stubborn warp by first heating, and then cooling the area while holding the limb in the correct aspect. If using the hair dryer, just switch to "cool", and if using hot water, just change the tap to cold water. Bringing the vinyl back down to room temp quickly in the new, correct shape can help maintain the new shape.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Alrighty, I'll give it a try, thanks guys.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

my King Ghidorah had a weird twist in it's back. Like it was pushed in on one side so looking down his back you could see inbetween the wings the back dipped down on one side (which affected the wings symmetry.)

I wrapped the whole figure in a heating pad for a few minutes and then pushed in the back hoping to straighten it, and the whole things sort of "Popped!" into the correct shape. It happened so suddenly it really surprised me.

I put it on the shelf and it cooled down and has been fine ever since. But that "POP!" of it regaining it's proper shape startled the hell out of me. hahaha
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wow, I have the exact same problem with my Memorial Box King Ghidorah too. I think I'll try what you did to fix it.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

good luck.

I never tried a hair dryer, I used the heating pad because that's what I would wrap around NECA Godzilla tails to soften them up and pop them on. (Especially the 24" HTT Godzilla tail was a monster to try and get it to pop on correctly. It really needed to soften up first.)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Something NEW popped up at HLJ: Bandai Godzilla HG D+ Vol 01 Box 4PCS. No pics, of course. I'm thinking, KOTM gashapons? :eh:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Something NEW popped up at HLJ: Bandai Godzilla HG D+ Vol 01 Box 4PCS. No pics, of course. I'm thinking, KOTM gashapons? :eh:
Four piece set? Sounds like it will have all of the titans. The HG designation used to mean solid 2.5" to 3" capsule figures, but post-Final Wars it's also been used for boxed 3.5" vinyls. Recent HG sets were 3.5" hollow vinyl figures that had new sculpts of Legendary Godzilla, Shin Godzilla and Monster Planet Godzilla, and reused Kiryu and Final Wars "Battle Box" molds to round out the assortment.
Last edited by G1985 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ At $19.11 US for four 'pieces', I was like, "Why not?" I pre-ordered a set. They're coming in May...

EDIT: The demand for these sets is gonna be HUGE...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

G1985 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Something NEW popped up at HLJ: Bandai Godzilla HG D+ Vol 01 Box 4PCS. No pics, of course. I'm thinking, KOTM gashapons? :eh:
Four piece set? Sounds like it will have all of the titans. The HG designation used to mean solid 2.5" to 3" capsule figures, but post-Final Wars it's also been used for boxed 3.5" vinyls. Recent HG sets were 3.5" hollow vinyl figures that had new sculpts of Legendary Godzilla, Shin Godzilla and Monster Planet Godzilla, and reused Kiryu and Final Wars "Battle Box" molds to round out the assortment.
That's not correct. The HG figures still are the same 2-3" tall solid figurines they always have been. And the 4" tall hollow vinyl figures you mentioned are also still the same as before: mini Sofvi figures sold in individual paper boxes, which do not bear the HG logo. Both "lines" have nothing to do with each other.
Size DOES matter!