New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
KappaJoe
Ronin

Re: New member introductions!

Post by KappaJoe »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
KappaJoe wrote:Hi,new guy here,been a kaiju fan since the 80's because of vhs rentals and a hand me down shogun warriors godzilla. :D
Welcome KappaJoe. Nothing like memories of the Shogun Warriors line as a child. Got a few years on you as I was the perfect age when they 1st came out. Not too old to have them again though.

Hah,I wish,totally cant afford or have space for them...Now,if i had the resources,I would have some 70's themed mecha base mancave for them to be displayed on :lol:

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

Hello everyone! I`m just a teen Russian Godzilla fan. I have been lurking here for a while, and I must say, that this place is truly cool. Hope I`ll get to discuss a lot of interesting things here

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

BigGrayGecko wrote:Hello everyone! I`m just a teen Russian Godzilla fan. I have been lurking here for a while, and I must say, that this place is truly cool. Hope I`ll get to discuss a lot of interesting things here
Russian?

Damn, everyone....RUN!!!

They're here trying to hack us and vote and shiit.

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

goji89 wrote:
BigGrayGecko wrote:Hello everyone! I`m just a teen Russian Godzilla fan. I have been lurking here for a while, and I must say, that this place is truly cool. Hope I`ll get to discuss a lot of interesting things here
Russian?

Damn, everyone....RUN!!!

Dat `merican Kapitalist guessed it all right! Our disguise is compromised, comrades

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

BigGrayGecko wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Russian?

Damn, everyone....RUN!!!

Dat `merican Kapitalist guessed it all right! Our disguise is compromised, comrades
Oh you'll fit right in.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

Maritonic wrote:
BigGrayGecko wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Russian?

Damn, everyone....RUN!!!

Oh you'll fit right in.
I hope so.
Last edited by BigGrayGecko on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Welcome!

By, any chance is your favorite movie Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla?

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Welcome aboard!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Welcome!

By, any chance is your favorite movie Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla?
I wish I could be a magnet for people...
Jokes aside, I love that movie, but I am not adamant enough to call it my favourite.

Added in 33 seconds:
Zarm wrote:
Welcome aboard!
Thanks!
Last edited by BigGrayGecko on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I forgot to introduce myself last week lol, maybe it's too late to do it now. But I'll do it anyway, So i'm 18, I started getting into Godzilla when I was 3 or 4, Watched all the films at the time on VHS and then got that old Showa Goji film box set. Watched Vs Mothra on repeat, put myself in the shoes of the kid from Godzillas Revenge at the time and thoroughly enjoyed the film. Goji 76 was my favorite Goji and Mechagodzilla was THE beast up until I saw the Heisei era in those DVD 2 Disc sets, Destroyah and SpaceGodzilla have a special nostalgia factor for me for that very reason.

Then Millennium happened, Constant action and some of the most streamlined suits I had ever seen at the time, Final Wars was insane for me, Imagine watching all 28+ films in under 3 years in order, then seeing Final Wars as a little kid. It was crazy, I never preferred G2000 because it was kinda bland to me, but nevertheless I did like his suit and related to him since I was born in 2000. G14 is one of my favorite G films for obvious reasons, Loved the G16 design, Zilla is still GINO to me, but the comics and Final Wars have proven to me that he's worthy of the G universe. I've collected vinyls since the start, My parents even managed to get me the 50th Memorial Box and the old Cloverfield figure that blew my mind at the time. I still collect figures/posters to this day likely because of them. I'm not a fan of too many G youtube channels bc they all seem to talk out of their skreeonk, so I figured the best place I could be is Tohos very own Kingdom.

My bad if I wrote too much but I figured I'd give you guys a run down of my G-xperience
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

BigGrayGecko wrote: Dat `merican Kapitalist guessed it all right! Our disguise is compromised, comrades
I'll be watching you closely BigGrayGecko......We have Monster polls here, dont think Ill let you influence the results......Especially in the Godzilla Running thread!!

Welcome..... :huge:

But behave..... :evil: .

Still, welcome aboard!!

:shock: ...watching!! Always watching.

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

goji89 wrote:
BigGrayGecko wrote: Dat `merican Kapitalist guessed it all right! Our disguise is compromised, comrades
I'll be watching you closely BigGrayGecko......We have Monster polls here, dont think Ill let you influence the results......Especially in the Godzilla Running thread!!

Welcome..... :huge:

But behave..... :evil: .

Still, welcome aboard!!

:shock: ...watching!! Always watching.
Thanks, Goji89! "watches back"

Mr. Introspection
Ronin

Post by Mr. Introspection »

Hi everyone! I've been a Godzilla fan for as long as I can remember. My first film was King Kong vs Godzilla when I was about 3 or 4 thanks to my dad's collection. Over the years I've seen every single film, read every comic, played most of the games and I still can't get enough of it all! I tried getting into Gamera but his franchise was just not very appealing for me and neither was Ultraman or Zone Fighter so I've just stuck with Godzilla. My favorite series is the Showa series followed by Millenium/Legendary, then the Heisei era, then the Anime Trilogy. My favorite Godzilla film is Godzilla 2000.

Here are a few hot takes from the series that I agree with :D

The Showa series is the best.

Shin Godzilla is better than G14.

The anime trilogy isn't that bad, especially the Planet Eater.

Mothra and Ghidorah are cool but are extremely overrated.

Godzilla Raids Again is a masterpiece.

I'm excited to be apart of the community!
Last edited by Mr. Introspection on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Mr. Introspection wrote:Godzilla Raids Again is a masterpiece.
I have a feeling we're going to get along nicely. ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr. Introspection wrote:
I have a feeling we're NOT gonna get along nicely. :evil:
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

goji89 wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
There will be time enough to get him to see the light. Meanwhile, seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders otherwise... ;)

Welcome, Mr. Introspection!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Zarm wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
There will be time enough to get him to see the light. Meanwhile, seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders otherwise... ;)

HELL NAH!!!!

Hold me back bro.....let me at him, let me at him. Its about to go down....

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Mr. Introspection
Ronin

Post by Mr. Introspection »

Zarm wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words and welcoming from everyone. See you guys around!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Mr. Introspection wrote:Hi everyone! I've been a Godzilla for as long as I can remember. My first film was King Kong vs Godzilla when I was about 3 or 4 thanks to my dad's collection. Over the years I've seen every single film, read every comic, played most of the games and I still can't get enough of it all! I tried getting into Gamera but his franchise was just not very appealing for me and neither was Ultraman or Zone Fighter so I've just stuck with Godzilla. My favorite series is the Showa series followed by Millenium/Legendary, then the Heisei era, then the Anime Trilogy. My favorite Godzilla film is Godzilla 2000.

You had me at Godzilla 2000

Welcome to TK!
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Mr. Introspection wrote:Hi everyone! I've been a Godzilla fan for as long as I can remember. My first film was King Kong vs Godzilla when I was about 3 or 4 thanks to my dad's collection. Over the years I've seen every single film, read every comic, played most of the games and I still can't get enough of it all! I tried getting into Gamera but his franchise was just not very appealing for me and neither was Ultraman or Zone Fighter so I've just stuck with Godzilla. My favorite series is the Showa series followed by Millenium/Legendary, then the Heisei era, then the Anime Trilogy. My favorite Godzilla film is Godzilla 2000

Here are a few hot takes from the series that I agree with :D

The anime trilogy isn't that bad, especially the Planet Eater.

Mothra and Ghidorah are cool but are extremely overrated.

I'm excited to be apart of the community!

I think we're gonna get along just fine. :D

RIP Evan.