"Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's an idea : How about the next Solo Godzilla film ends on a lower note this time around?

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I really like the idea of Godzilla having no choice but to fight and kill the last of his own kind because they’re doing terrible things. That would be so badass and sad at the same time. Like yes, Godzilla is going to live forever, but he’s going to live alone whether he wants to or not.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LockBite wrote:I really like the idea of Godzilla having no choice but to fight and kill the last of his own kind because they’re doing terrible things. That would be so badass and sad at the same time. Like yes, Godzilla is going to live forever, but he’s going to live alone whether he wants to or not.
Not if they clone him in a lab.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

We don’t need a Logan ripoff, come up with something original instead of tropes
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:We don’t need a Logan ripoff, come up with something original instead of tropes
Hear Hear!
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I really would like to see a proper Godzilla vs. Godzilla movie. Though, I wouldn't like to see one Godzilla try to be nice with the other. I'd prefer a full-blown four-alarm territorial brawl.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:We don’t need a Logan ripoff, come up with something original instead of tropes
Woah there, pardner. I hate to break to ya', but every stories got tropes in em'!
That said, I kind of agree with you and Grievous. Although it would be pretty interesting if they gave this or vs. Kong (whichever is the true Godzilla 3) a bittersweet ending mourning the tragedy of the Titan's inevitable fate--whatever it may be--in true kaiju movie fashion, they'd have to really know what they're doing if they use that set up. What worked for movies Logan, might not work for Godzilla because telling the struggles of a broken man and an almighty monster the same way would be pretty jarring; Godzilla's own personality and how he expresses it are quite different from how, say, Hugh Jackman's portrayl of a dying Wolverine.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Isn’t Logan not really alone at the end of the movie though? From what I can gather, being the last of your generation and past your prime is quite different from what I propose for Godzilla.

Godzilla isn’t any weaker than he was in his species’ prime, he’s just alone. Life itself has shifted to a smaller scale. He used to be normal on Earth, now he’s an anomaly. Having the others of his species running rampant (before he has to kill them) would show how Godzilla - the animal - is supposed to act, contrasted against the more cerebral role he took during King of The Monsters.
Last edited by LockBite on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

LockBite wrote:Isn’t Logan not really alone at the end of the movie though?
And this is the part where I admit that I did not see Logan. (Yet.) :lol:
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

It's good. Real good. Hate what it did with Charles, but it's still quite good.

Put me down as a big fan of the Mutos.

Done right, tropes are invaluable. A key ingredient of storytelling.
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . .

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

“Being forced to kill the last of his kind” reads more like Man of Steel honestly
And let’s not go there
Shin Gabara wrote:It's good. Real good. Hate what it did with Charles, but it's still quite good.

Put me down as a big fan of the Mutos.

Done right, tropes are invaluable. A key ingredient of storytelling.
Full disclosure: When I clicked first unread and it brought me to this post, without remembering context I thought you were announcing you had just seen a screening of KoTM (I understood Charles as meaning Charles Dance rather than Charles Xavier)
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G2000 wrote:
“Being forced to kill the last of his kind” reads more like Man of Steel honestly
And let’s not go there
Except it made sense on both sides in MOS to have equal hatred for each other due to their extreme counter morals. It would also work well since why should Godzilla be the ONLY one on earth? I mean WE know why, but shouldn't he earn that sole survivor motif? Have him beat his exact opposite, a rigid scarred Godzilla closer to the original with burnt black Keloid scars, maybe one eye, broken sharp spines. have it be like a Caesar/Koba stand off. Where one wants to take revenge on what humanity did to his family ( a physically/mentally abused mentality), and Legendary G doesn't stand for that skreeonk so he has to step up to the plate to take his rightful throne.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
G2000 wrote:
And let’s not go there
Except it made sense on both sides in MOS to have equal hatred for each other due to their extreme counter morals. It would also work well since why should Godzilla be the ONLY one on earth? I mean WE know why, but shouldn't he earn that sole survivor motif? Have him beat his exact opposite, a rigid scarred Godzilla closer to the original with burnt black Keloid scars, maybe one eye, broken sharp spines. have it be like a Caesar/Koba stand off. Where one wants to take revenge on what humanity did to his family ( a physically/mentally abused mentality), and Legendary G doesn't stand for that skreeonk so he has to step up to the plate to take his rightful throne.
The name of that other member... Gigantis.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

You know what would be cool?

If they just made a Godzilla film that was different.

Like if they created a well written script that didn't rely
on nostalgia or classic kaiju or regurgitated plot points
from the older films.

Something completely fresh & new.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Grievous wrote:You know what would be cool?

from the older films.

How would you do it?

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

LegendZilla wrote:How would you do it?
*Thinks*

I don't know...

Maybe have Godzilla clash with monsters from other mythologies?

Like Orochi or the Leviathan, Behemoth & Ziz from Jewish mythology.

Play up the religious elements & truly delve into how the appearance
of kaiju would effect the beliefs & actions of the human race.

I'd personally just like to see something I've never seen before.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

from the older films.

You mean Shin? Hahaha

Actually I’m in total agreement, after KOTM, I want another new monster. Unlike the Muto’s however, I want something that isn’t some big sortve Cloverfield looking creature with long arms, and rather something outlandish and creative. Think about something akin to Gigan, Biollante or even Orga. Something cool and out of left field.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

from the older films.

You mean Shin? Hahaha

Actually I’m in total agreement, after KOTM, I want another new monster. Unlike the Muto’s however, I want something that isn’t some big sortve Cloverfield looking creature with long arms, and rather something outlandish and creative. Think about something akin to Gigan, Biollante or even Orga. Something cool and out of left field.
That topic has been spoken in these posts:
What would you like the Monsterverse to do next?
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=26417
New Kaiju for the future you would like to see
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=10242
What original creations would you like to see?
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=27087

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I think they're doing a pretty good job of being fresh as it is. Shin was able to show us things we've never seen before, and things we have seen from new and different angles. The anime series has shown us a lot of new concepts we haven't seen. KOTM is a different animal, but I think even judging by the trailers, it looks fresh and fun.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Maritonic wrote:I think they're doing a pretty good job of being fresh as it is. Shin was able to show us things we've never seen before, and things we have seen from new and different angles. The anime series has shown us a lot of new concepts we haven't seen. KOTM is a different animal, but I think even judging by the trailers, it looks fresh and fun.
This tbh. It explores a different side of the Godzilla franchise as opposed to Shin, which is why i'm excited for this movie so much. Two contrasting reboots of both sides of his character :D