Final Wars: Why The Hate?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: Final Wars: Why The Hate?

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

latinothor wrote:
Forget Terror Of Mechagodzilla, Final Wars is the true “franchise killer” :lol:
Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol:

Show me on this anatomically correct doll, where GFW hurt you. :lol:
Only if you tell me about the first time you two were intimate. ;)

For someone who likes to respect someones opinions, you sure do like to make condescending remarks towards anyone who sports an opposing view as you, I think goji89 put it nicely on the previous page…

I just wish you’d come back swinging full force with actual mature content anytime someone said anything you didn’t agree with instead of resorting to “nuh-uh you’re moronic” or whatever that is above :lol:

The point of this thread is to debate whether or not GFW deserves the hate yah know.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:51 am, edited 11 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

I would, if you didn't make moronic statements after moronic statements like the one I quoted, which I admit was a bit on the funny side. Because as someone before me posted, movies came out after the the 10 year break period expired. The franchise is doing well, better than any prior times, I believe. There is no 'franchise killer'. The hiatus was thoroughly explained to you.

Look, we understand. GFW is not your cup of tea. Leave it at that.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

latinothor wrote: Him and I we have both discussed our points plenty, but never has he resorted to silly, unnecessary exchanges like some on this thread.
latinothor wrote:
Forget Terror Of Mechagodzilla, Final Wars is the true “franchise killer” :lol:
Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol:

Show me on this anatomically correct doll, where GFW hurt you. :lol:
Hypocrite much. You make an ass out of yourself too much..... :lol: . I respect opinions...people here resort to silly uneccessary exchanges....your part of the problem too...you HYPOCRITE!!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Yeah I guess he thinks he’s slick or something, or just not very self-aware :lol:

I’ll say it again, just because they said GFW was intended to be the final film for awhile doesn’t make it true and using it in an argument doesn’t confirm anything since they literally said the same in 1968 and we got a new one that following year. Champion Release or not.

The reason behind that? DAM didn’t flop.

Added in 11 minutes 54 seconds:
latinothor wrote:
This isn’t your “safe space”, I’ve seen multiple posts from you throughout this thread stating your opinions on Final Wars, just because I don’t share the same opinion, why aren’t I allowed to do the same exactly? :eh: :lol:

Am I the only one who feels this thread should just be locked or merged with the general Final Wars thread?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

latinothor wrote:I would, if you didn't make moronic statements after moronic statements like the one I quoted, which I admit was a bit on the funny side. Because as someone before me posted, movies came out after the the 10 year break period expired. The franchise is doing well, better than any prior times, I believe. There is no 'franchise killer'. The hiatus was thoroughly explained to you.

And we get that you like GFW so leave it at that, no one is allowed to discuss there reasons. Just say you like or dislike something and never say why or debate with other people

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:The reason behind that? DAM didn’t flop.
Check your facts
DAM had the lowest box office at that time.
Budget ¥200 million
Box office ¥170 million

Not making your budget is called a flop.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

szmigiel wrote:
Check your facts
Budget ¥200 million
Box office ¥170 million

You got me there, the main point I’m making is DAM was at least successful in one way or another as it didn’t stop the blood flow in the series, unlike GFW.
#slatternking

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I remember the FW DVD was at every supermarket and store everywhere back in the day. I think it did brisk home sales.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
szmigiel wrote:
Check your facts
Budget ¥200 million
Box office ¥170 million

You got me there .
What was that? Couldn't hear ya.....he got....you?

LORD ITS A FUQING MIRACLE!!!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Godzilla21 wrote:I remember the FW DVD was at every supermarket and store everywhere back in the day. I think it did brisk home sales.
This I can also confirm as I use to find it in every Kroger’s I went to, that’s actually where I picked up my copy :P

I guess I could be wrong but I was just always under the impression GFW was another one of those films that flew under the radar, unlike something like vs. Destroyah which turned into a major thing :shrug:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
#slatternking

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:You got me there, the main point I’m making is DAM was at least successful in one way or another as it didn’t stop the blood flow in the series, unlike GFW.
DAM only caused the films to have slashed budgets, aimed at kids, a heavy reliance on stock footage, and only playing as part of a block of films.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

szmigiel wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:You got me there, the main point I’m making is DAM was at least successful in one way or another as it didn’t stop the blood flow in the series, unlike GFW.
DAM only caused the films to have slashed budgets, aimed at kids, a heavy reliance on stock footage, and only playing as part of a block of films.
*facepalm*....No, we had him bro. He was done. They got him him already. Your bringing him back to life.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

szmigiel wrote:
Quality isn’t the point here, it still kept going.

After Final Wars, everyone just kinda said “wow, Godzilla’s lame as hell!” and let it die until Legendary came to poke the dead body with a stick and stir it back to life :P
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
I guess I could be wrong.
Im 1/4 tempted to sig this.

And Ive never sig shiit.

Added in 1 minute 55 seconds:
PitchBlackProgress wrote: poke the dead body with a stick and stir it back to life :P
Like your doing now :roll: :lol: ?

Damn it szmigiel....what have you done?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

That IS what this threads for, beating this dead horse until dust.

I mean I keep asking why a thread like this even still exists? Do we really need threads pleading for the general acceptance of this film?
#slatternking

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I do feel like the question this thread is asking has been answered... and answered... and answered.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:That IS what this threads for, beating this dead horse until dust.

I mean I keep asking why a thread like this even still exists? Do we really need threads pleading for the general acceptance of this film?
Why not? We have threads that have a poll on Godzilla running in KOTM for Christs sake.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Godzilla21 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:That IS what this threads for, beating this dead horse until dust.

Why not? We have threads that have a poll on Godzilla running in KOTM for Christs sake.
Lmao, also very true.
Carry on then :lol:
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

But you've done it already.

MISSION COMPLETE!!!!

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

It happened a few hours ago, but PitchBlack, Goji89, and latinothor, quit insulting each other. It'll be a warning next time.

As for the thread, it's been here for years and, from what I know, there's no real plan to get rid of it. I might be wrong though since it's been a while since I've asked (before I was a mod). Just don't be insulting others who like/dislike the movie.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.