Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Should They Be Brought Back?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 18

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Post by ROMG4 »

Letter to Mods: This thread is here simply to gauge community interest in the return of these and potentially other members and not a demand to Mod-ship

The Probation group was created to give previously banned members a chance to reintegrate into TK after they've been banned for a substantial period of time

After MM and Jomei were unbanned the probation group hasn't seen any use since. Despite the large amount of TK users that have been banned for multiple years that also deserve a second chance

Captain Akition was banned in mid 2016 and Lain was banned in late 2017. More then enough time has passed to warrant them getting a second chance especially considering how long they were active here prior

What does anyone here say?
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

goji89
Sazer

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Post by goji89 »

Yes, bring them back

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

goji89 wrote:Yes, bring them back
After all I don't see why not, their cases are no different then Jomei or MM and Captain and Lain have now been banned for longer then them

And if not well we still have the alternate option of sacrificing Derzerb to Kali Ma

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

why not? i'd love to actually talk to them and not just read there post and hear there opinions on the Godzilla franchise now :)
also, this one comes from straight up bias, but Lain was a really good matchmaker for the KWC and i'd love to see more matches from him.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

ROMG4 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Yes, bring them back
After all I don't see why not, their cases are no different then Jomei or MM and Captain and Lain have now been banned for longer then them

And if not well we still have the alternate option of sacrificing Derzerb to Kali Ma
:shock: ....Holy mother of God...How am I in that pic?

Diabolical

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

A fair question: What if many of these members that were permabanned a long time time ago have moved on and simply don't care anymore?

I'm not saying I'm against this. I actually voted for this in the interest of fairness. I'm just wondering if this will be as successful as people think it will.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:A fair question: What if many of these members that were permabanned a long time time ago have moved on and simply don't care anymore?

I'm not saying I'm against this. I actually voted for this in the interest of fairness. I'm just wondering if this will be as successful as people think it will.
We've had numerous unbannings in the past nearly everyone has come back, at least the ones that were consistently active before being banned

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

ROMG4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:A fair question: What if many of these members that were permabanned a long time time ago have moved on and simply don't care anymore?

We've had numerous unbannings in the past nearly everyone has come back, at least the ones that were consistently active before being banned
Ok. I was wondering because after JPL went down, while some banned members did join Jurassic Mainframe, which was known as Jurassic Park Portal by the time of JPL's shut down back in 2016 (Portal was a Plan B site in case JPL went down for good), many did not.
Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I really am positively 100% think Lain WON'T come back.

Pretty sure.

Yeah, definitely sure.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

goji89 wrote:I really am positively 100% think Lain WON'T come back.

Pretty sure.

Yeah, definitely sure.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

lol....
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

ROMG4 wrote:
goji89 wrote:I really am positively 100% think Lain WON'T come back.

Pretty sure.

Yeah, definitely sure.
:lol: :lol: .....

But....still. I am sure he wont come back.

Hes moved on

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.
Others were let in....on probation. Why NOT them?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote:No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.
They have paid the mistakes with years of lost time and punishment

The forum has included a probation tag and altered these rules to allow banned members a second chance. If the Majority of the forum likes these banned members then they have value to add to the forum especially now that they've served their time

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

goji89 wrote:
Because it sets a precedent that bannings don't mean anything. Why follow the rules if I can just be banned and let back in months later? I fully disagreed with the idea of a probation thing to begin with. And it really didn't matter much because only 1/2 of the probation members even post here anymore and even then the one that does only pops up once in a while.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Because it sets a precedent that bannings don't mean anything. Why follow the rules if I can just be banned and let back in months later? I fully disagreed with the idea of a probation thing to begin with. And it really didn't matter much because only 1/2 of the probation members even post here anymore and even then the one that does only pops up once in a while.
By that logic Jail-Time doesn't matter

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

What do you think temp bans are for?

Added in 2 minutes 28 seconds:
Better yet, do you even know how the banning system works here? You really think they were just smited (smoted? smitted?) on the spot? No, you get multiple chances to clean up your act before you're kicked out. If you can't stop breaking the rules and getting in trouble, you shouldn't be allowed back.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Captain Akition should be. If only because it's hilarious how much he likes to poke bee's nests and then whine because he gets stung.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Fucking Jesus, are people actually serious with this?