Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Post by LegendZilla »

Hello once again ladies and gentlemen. Today I will like to discuss what you anticipate from the upcoming film’s soundtrack, by Bear McCreary. The fact that it’s confirmed that he will be remixing the classic Godzilla themes by Akira Ifukube has got a ton of us, including myself hyped. However, we need to be realistic, because we are bound to only get a few more themes remixed, precisely 2 or 3 more. Which ones do you think will will most likely be chosen?

We all know by now that the main title from 1954 is getting an update courtesy of McCreary and it has been strongly hinted that the classic Mothra theme will too. If you could pick only a few more classic tunes, which will they be? I am hoping to hear the Monster Zero March, Ghidorah’s and Rodan’s themes.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I think there's only "gentlemen" on here. :lol:

Do we really need a thread for this? There's already like 20 threads about KOTM that are still going for some reason, like the one about Godzilla running.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I think there's only "gentlemen" on here. :lol:
I can be anything you want me to, cupcake. ;)

All jokes aside, I'm as excited for the soundtrack as I am for the movie! I'm eager to find out which Ifukube tracks made it in and how they sound.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm so utterly pissed that the soundtrack is gonna come out so close to release and ALSO that it might have spoilers in the title tracks. I want to listen to it so bad after hearing that clip from Tokyo Comic Con but I also don't want to be spoiled.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Getting in the classic Akira Ifukube theme in there will definitely make it feel like a authentic Godzilla experience.

I loved Alexandre Desplat's score for the 2014 film, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad disappointed that none of Ifukube's tracks made it into the film. There were a couple of great moments to use it too (the bridge scene comes to mind, or Godzilla's victory roar after the kiss of death).

I would love to have a few other Ifukube themes in there as well (Sacred Spring motif for Mothra, Ghidorah theme, Monster Zero march, Rodan's theme, etc) but Bear McCreary does really good work, so I'm sure whatever he gives us will be solid.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I think there's only "gentlemen" on here. :lol:
I can be anything you want me to, cupcake. ;)
thanks sugar! :tearsofjoy:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think the soundtrack has my interest peaked more than anything. Can't help but geek out at the thought of what Ifukube motifs they might use.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I think the soundtrack has my interest peaked more than anything.
-eye twitches-
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Isn't that right? Eh maybe not, my grammar is admittedly terrible at times.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Isn't that right? Eh maybe not, my grammar is admittedly terrible at times.
Nah, the word is "piqued".

Don't worry, though. Everyone says "peaked." ...Which is why it annoys me so much. :lol:

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Isn't that right? Eh maybe not, my grammar is admittedly terrible at times.
Nah, the word is "piqued".

Don't worry, though. Everyone says "peaked." ...Which is why it annoys me so much. :lol:
And he mean "everyone." I'm a bit of a self-described Grammar Nazi, and even I used the wrong one on occasion.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Hope the entire soundtrack is released so I don't have to rely on somebody cutting the tracks out of the Blu Ray audio and them doing a poor job on removing sound effects/dialogue.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Well I doubt you'll have to worry about that.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Hope the entire soundtrack is released so I don't have to rely on somebody cutting the tracks out of the Blu Ray audio and them doing a poor job on removing sound effects/dialogue.
If you want a COMPLETE soundtrack, then yeah, that's likely what will have to be done. Movies today usually will have a soundtrack released, but will not contain the entire score. Typically its fans and other "complete OST" enthusiasts that will go through the trouble to isolate the missing music off a DVD or Blu Ray and compile a full, complete soundtrack. Take the Star Wars prequels for example; to this day there are no official complete scores available, though they did release two-disc sets for the Original Trilogy that had every cue. But its because of fans that now there are actually several complete scores for Episodes I - III, taking music from the Blu Rays and various video games to fill in the missing cues. Godzilla 2014 is the same, I saw a complete score available on a forum I visit occasionally.

I'm willing to bet the best cues from KOTM will be on the official release; they'd be making an odd mistake if they left the Ifukube bits available only in the movie.
Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

I really, really, really hope they use the “Godzilla!” main theme from 2014.
GO GO GOJI KUN

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji wrote:I'm so utterly pissed that the soundtrack is gonna come out so close to release and ALSO that it might have spoilers in the title tracks. I want to listen to it so bad after hearing that clip from Tokyo Comic Con but I also don't want to be spoiled.
You listen to it without looking at the track names, keep track of what number your on, tell people you like track 5 or 6.

Simple.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I don't know a lot of people said the Pacific Rim soundtrack was spoilery but its really not. The tracks weren't even in order either.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

IIRC, Warner/Legendary released samples of the soundtrack for the 2014 film in March of that year.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I don't know a lot of people said the Pacific Rim soundtrack was spoilery but its really not. The tracks weren't even in order either.
Yeah, looking at Pacific Rim's soundtrack it was impossible to decipher the plot from it. Especially with "Catagory 5" being placed in the middle of the soundtrack. I was under the impression it would appear in the middle of the movie. :lol:

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

The Ifukube remix is going to sound incredible coming from theatre speakers
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?