The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Dv-218
Futurian

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Dv-218 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Zilla fanboys are unbearable. At their best they’re just kids but at their worst they’re contrarians of the highest degree with a even nastier prejudice towards the Japanese Godzilla than regular Godzilla fans have towards G98.

On a more positive note, I had no idea Fil Barlow did the character design for Tutenstein. That’s one of my favorite 2000’s cartoons.
This is another one. Everyone likes giving Godzilla fans crap, but some rather disgusting crap comes from people who basically WORSHIP G98. You have no idea how many of those hypocritical "why does everyone hate godzilla 98?" followed immediatly by "Japzilla is a fat rubber suit and you are stupid for liking it" arguments I have seen :lol:

One especially weird case was a dude on Youtube who said the "American Godzilla" is better than "fatzilla" because it's design is more more reptilian and.....sexy..... :|

I mean, I could care less about his "preferences" , but what the skreeonk man....
"Godzilla 98 was 20 years ago, let it go"

Said on videos that were years ago and I haven't made any new ones talking about G'98 in years.
Yet they themselves can't shut the fuck up about how "disappointing" and "unfair" the fight in GFW was :lol:

But seriously, I really hate the "it's been X years, get over it" excuse regarding movies in general. And what's funny is that specifically when it comes to G98, i'm seeing those types of comments on Godzilla videos that don't even mention the movie :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dv-218 wrote: Yet they themselves can't shut the fuck up about how "disappointing" and "unfair" the fight in GFW was :lol:

But seriously, I really hate the "it's been X years, get over it" excuse regarding movies in general. And what's funny is that specifically when it comes to G98, i'm seeing those types of comments on Godzilla videos that don't even mention the movie :lol:
Exactly, they are projecting, they can't get over it and keep bringing G'98 up.

alextheburger
Yojimbo

Post by alextheburger »

yes i agree those are annoying comments
also that fight was completely fair
little short for my liking but that's why is good
its played off as a joke
they need to realize that toho hated the movie and had the chance to do that and took it
what do they want a whole movie about godzilla and zilla fighting?!
S T E E L Y O U R S E L V E S !

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

The species names of the aliens in the Anime series, at least to an English speaking ear, are pretty lame.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

alextheburger
Yojimbo

Post by alextheburger »

KaijuCanuck wrote:The species names of the aliens in the Anime series, at least to an English speaking ear, are pretty lame.
what the bilusaludo and the exif
(controversial opinion inbound)
hey they are more inventive names than xilien
i like them a lot but the name isn't the most creative in the world
not saying that the bilusaludo and exif are all that creative having been remixes of two showa alien races
Last edited by alextheburger on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

KaijuCanuck wrote:The species names of the aliens in the Anime series, at least to an English speaking ear, are pretty lame.
C'mon 'Exif' sounds pretty cool.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

KillCrites wrote:
C'mon 'Exif' sounds pretty cool.
Its better than the "Megans" from the Marvel comics series, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Names are hard. I'll give them this- 'bilusaludo' is not that aesthetically pleasing... bit to me, it does have an 'alien' sensability to it. So in that way, it at least has verisimilitude.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

alextheburger
Yojimbo

Post by alextheburger »

Zarm wrote:Names are hard. I'll give them this- 'bilusaludo' is not that aesthetically pleasing... bit to me, it does have an 'alien' sensability to it. So in that way, it at least has verisimilitude.
yeah they probably were going for that

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Zarm wrote:Names are hard.
THIS.

One of my fan fics I was really struggling to come up with names for everyone who was not the villain. I had her name nailed down but the heroes? Veronica, Vega, I'm still cringing that was the best I could do.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:Names are hard. I'll give them this- 'bilusaludo' is not that aesthetically pleasing... bit to me, it does have an 'alien' sensability to it. So in that way, it at least has verisimilitude.
"Bilusaludo" (on paper) is also improved by better romanization; "Bilsaldo" isn't quite as jarring.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

alextheburger
Yojimbo

Post by alextheburger »

eabaker wrote:
"Bilusaludo" (on paper) is also improved by better romanization; "Bilsaldo" isn't quite as jarring.
i think bilsaldo is way more jarring
it just doesn't sound right

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, it’s an alien name. Wouldn’t exactly expect it to sound grammatically pleasing in any Earth languages.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

What exactly is an alien name supposed to sound like?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

alextheburger
Yojimbo

Post by alextheburger »

not very human
but remember this is a story written by humans
so they will make something that sounds aesthetically pleasing
so a real alien race probably wouldn't sound very human

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla2004fan wrote:Image
At least King Ghidorah's looks good.

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

Living Corpse wrote:
Godzilla2004fan wrote:Image
At least King Ghidorah's looks good.

Yes it is, that's because the artist is better than me in drawing Godzilla characters.
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Godzilla doesn't look that bad.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Replacing the Godzilla statue in Tokyo with Shin Godzilla (because it’s new and made lots of money) did come off as rather sleazy to me. I admit I don’t like Shin Godzilla in the first place, but I don’t think there’s anyone who first thinks of that design when the word “Godzilla” is uttered. The Heisei design, the ‘54 design, or even a completely original design would have much better represented the character as a multinational cultural cornerstone. The Shin design instantly dates that statue. It feels stuck in 2016.
Last edited by LockBite on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.